Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

you're an out of shape old man, pretty big difference here :rofl:

I’m 44 and in better shape than you think ;)

the dynamics are still the same thoigh- once it sets in it tends to keep cramping and it’s fucking painful- thankfully not being an elite athlete I was able to go back to sleep for another hour or so 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paddock said:

I’m 44 and in better shape than you think ;)

the dynamics are still the same thoigh- once it sets in it tends to keep cramping and it’s fucking painful- thankfully not being an elite athlete I was able to go back to sleep for another hour or so 😂

got your beauty rest, well done.  sometimes the cramping can be due to dehydration as well, could be that he simply needed to drink more water and eat a little better as well, bananas (oranges, spinach, etc.) give potassium and electrolytes which can help prevent cramping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Paddock said:

Cramp can hurt-

Real cramp is f'king excruciating pain; annoys the hell out of me when someone says (eg on a plane) "My legs are cramping up". No they're not because if they were you'd be in complete agony rather than having a bit of muscle pain; I get it in bed occasionally and the only way to get rid is to leap out and stand/stretch my leg, I react like a madman and more often than not scare the wife to bits:lol:. Also had it while swimming a few times which is a bit scary in deep water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I played football, if I took her indoors to the pictures on Saturday evening, I always made sure I got an aisle seat in case I got cramp. Didn't happen very often being a finely tuned athlete.:D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Real cramp is f'king excruciating pain; annoys the hell out of me when someone says (eg on a plane) "My legs are cramping up". No they're not because if they were you'd be in complete agony rather than having a bit of muscle pain; I get it in bed occasionally and the only way to get rid is to leap out and stand/stretch my leg, I react like a madman and more often than not scare the wife to bits:lol:. Also had it while swimming a few times which is a bit scary in deep water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r7NOi34SGw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Real cramp is f'king excruciating pain; annoys the hell out of me when someone says (eg on a plane) "My legs are cramping up". No they're not because if they were you'd be in complete agony rather than having a bit of muscle pain; I get it in bed occasionally and the only way to get rid is to leap out and stand/stretch my leg, I react like a madman and more often than not scare the wife to bits:lol:. Also had it while swimming a few times which is a bit scary in deep water.

Yep- I jumped out of bed hopping and squawking like a lunatic- put my hand to my calf and it was like a solid brick then you’re shitting yourself in case you move your foot the wrong way to alleviate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

got your beauty rest, well done.  sometimes the cramping can be due to dehydration as well, could be that he simply needed to drink more water and eat a little better as well, bananas (oranges, spinach, etc.) give potassium and electrolytes which can help prevent cramping.

The 8 pints of stella celebrating Saturday probably helped with my dehydration along with the curry we had watching a film Saturday evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Real cramp is f'king excruciating pain; annoys the hell out of me when someone says (eg on a plane) "My legs are cramping up". No they're not because if they were you'd be in complete agony rather than having a bit of muscle pain; I get it in bed occasionally and the only way to get rid is to leap out and stand/stretch my leg, I react like a madman and more often than not scare the wife to bits:lol:. Also had it while swimming a few times which is a bit scary in deep water.

Hate that cramp that wakes you up. Feels like a knife has slashed straight down the back of your calf.

Only usually get it if I've been drinking lager. Must be all the chemicals as hardly got it after switching to real ale. 

Have to lay off the Stella @Paddock :beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wait until you get cramp in your hamstrings, I suffer from tight hamstrings which is from a back related injury years ago. I have to do stretches first thing each morning and at night which tend to keep it at bay,  plus daily magnesium etc etc. However my work involves getting into tight spaces or being in the same scrunched up position sometimes which can be the trigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate that I might be in a club of 1 here but has anyone else been disappointed with Walcott since his first couple of games?

He started those first couple of games full of energy, determination and quality. He was really clinical and worked hard for the team. Since then however I feel as though he has been on the slide. His dribbling has still largely been quality (something I underestimated), but his touch, shot, passing at important moments has been really disappointing and he is noticeably a lot quieter and uninvolved, reminding me of his Arsenal days. He certainly hasn't been a weak link, but he is still playing at the same level of the team and not standing out as he had done in those first two games.

On the DCL thread, the chance he messed up yesterday has been suggested that he isn'tt good enough and whilst I appreciate there is more to it than just that chance, Walcott has messed up maybe 3 or 4 similar opportunities in the last 3 games and there has barely been a mention of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Walcott has messed up maybe 3 or 4 similar opportunities in the last 3 games and there has barely been a mention of it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bailey said:

Its a good job I said barely a mention and not no mention then :)

Was just pointing out that I was one of the "barely" few:D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like Mike I tend to get cramp in bed..... or at least I used to.  one of  my nurses told me to drink tonic water with quinine in to ease the symptoms,  tasted awful but after a week I found I liked it  and it works too  can not remember the last time I was in agony with leg cramps.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bailey:

I think Walcotts start has set expectations very high. He is inconsistent, but as far as wingers go, much less than 99% of others.

He hasn’t been as effective rice recently, but there is still enough to show he is a quality player. Wingers that score goals for fun are either world class, or are converted into strikers. 

He is still a quality player and offers a lot to our team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, pete0 said:
He's very hit and miss but his effort alone has been an improvement to an almost static midfield before he come in to freshen it up. He's a good outlet and very much a player we needed. 

I don't even want to agree with you because of your dislike for Ghana, but... I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, pete0 said:

He's very hit and miss but his effort alone has been an improvement to an almost static midfield before he come in to freshen it up. He's a good outlet and very much a player we needed. 

agreed and i didn't even want him here, wasn't a fan at all.  he's really grown on me.  a winger that can actually cross and score?  we haven't had that in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×