IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-bramley-moore-naming-rights-12808430

It had been suggested that West Ham were close to a £6m-a-year deal with Indian technology giant and car maker Mahindra Group, before the deal collapsed.
Spurs, meanwhile, are reportedly looking to land a 20-year deal worth £20m-a-year in naming rights.
Based on the current market, Crow suggests Everton could only look to secure half of that figure annually.
“A ball park figure would be £5-10m a year, but a lot depends on the length of the deal,” he said.
“Deals have been done in the States for 20 years but also for 10 years and five years, it really does depend on the buyers who are out there - hopefully they will find one.
“If Everton could get £10m a year then they would be happy but it is a buyer’s market out there rather than a seller’s.”

That video being embedded on the Liverpool Echo website for every stadium article has become annoying. They've not got much to say and keep referring to the Mayor's report which was published a few days ago.

That academic who posted about the flooding/climate change is a Liverpool fan. He must have been getting dog's abuse, he's took his Twitter account down. :rofl:

I find myself being skeptical about this stadium, something, somewhere has to go wrong.

Everton could lend new stadium to Council as part of deal

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-could-lend-new-stadium-12810732

In the Mayoral Recommendation report, being scrutinised ahead of Friday’s Cabinet meeting, it has been revealed that talks have taken place.

The report reads: “EFC and LCC have discussed the prospect of entering into a Venue Hire Agreement allowing LCC to use the Stadium at agreed times for agreed purposes, in exchange for the payment of fees.

“This would be a separate commercial legal agreement between the parties.”

Would they really use it for concerts when there's the Echo Arena? Or is that nothing to do with them?

Echo arena is 11,000. I assume they'll want the new ground for the big stars and concerts, maybe keep the Echo area for comedians, arts, smaller bands, classical experiences. I assume they would use both, so they can get twice as much going on

Echo arena is 11,000. I assume they'll want the new ground for the big stars and concerts, maybe keep the Echo area for comedians, arts, smaller bands, classical experiences. I assume they would use both, so they can get twice as much going on

Would Liverpool attract artists that would fill 50K+?

Just being devil's advocate seeing as Mike isn't here :P.

Would Liverpool attract artists that would fill 50K+?

Just being devil's advocate seeing as Mike isn't here :P.

Newcastle and Manchester both have their arenas for acts to perform but every so often St James Park or Old Trafford Cricket ground is used for the "outdoor" arena, I'm sure Liverpool would become one of those cities.

Just having another look at the site, is it big enough?

DJI_0044JPG.jpg

That seems like a ridiculous question. I was under the impression we're buying Bramley Moore & Nelson Dock together? But everything else suggests that it is JUST BM.

I can see how you'd fit a stadium in there but would you be able to create the hotels and restaurants normally associated with new grounds nowadays? Or are the council redeveloping the leisure facilities around it and not expecting Everton to be in control of the development of these?

The two combined docks would have been a good size but if it is just the one, is it big enough? Serious question.

Just having another look at the site, is it big enough?

DJI_0044JPG.jpg

That seems like a ridiculous question. I was under the impression we're buying Bramley Moore & Nelson Dock together? But everything else suggests that it is JUST BM.

I can see how you'd fit a stadium in there but would you be able to create the hotels and restaurants normally associated with new grounds nowadays? Or are the council redeveloping the leisure facilities around it and not expecting Everton to be in control of the development of these?

The two combined docks would have been a good size but if it is just the one, is it big enough? Serious question.

Watch the video in the link mate, plenty of room

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-would-football-stadium-look-12409487