IGNORED

Burnley (Home) Friday May 3rd

markjazzbassist

Friday Night primetime!  it's a home game so expect Burnley to park the bus and defend for their lives hoping for a counter or 1 point.  The issues we had with Palace will be the same here, breaking down a defensive side and finding a way into goal.  I expect 3 points but wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw.  We really struggle against these defense first teams.  i'd pull morgan and put lookman in there and try to unlock that defense.  I don't see them being too much of a threat in attack.

Pickford

COleman Keane Zouma Digne

Gana

Richarlison Gylfi Lookman Bernard

DCL

On 27/04/2019 at 23:57, markjazzbassist said:

Friday Night primetime!  it's a home game so expect Burnley to park the bus and defend for their lives hoping for a counter or 1 point.  The issues we had with Palace will be the same here, breaking down a defensive side and finding a way into goal.  I expect 3 points but wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw.  We really struggle against these defense first teams.  i'd pull morgan and put lookman in there and try to unlock that defense.  I don't see them being too much of a threat in attack.

Pickford

COleman Keane Zouma Digne

Gana

Richarlison Gylfi Lookman Bernard

DCL

Definitely a game to go with 1 DCM.

Can see the logic of going to a single pivot in DM, especially with Gomes still out. 

Pickford 

Coleman   Keane    Zouma   Digne

Gana

Sigurdsson       Bernard 

Richarlison       Tosun       Lookman

Sigurdsson and Bernard both hard working enough to get back in midfield. Lookman because I want to see him play and don't care much for Walcott and Tosun because his link up play is better than DCL, I think dom will struggle against Tarkowski and Mee and Tosun will be up for securing his spot in the squad. 

Never like the last home game of the season, always hard to say goodbye to Everton properly for a few months. Despite this though, I'm looking forward to what should be an attacking and fluid display from us and a convincing win. Burnley are very good at what they do, don't get me wrong but a Friday night, the last home game of the season and on the back of a 4-0 win against Manchester United? I'm expecting a good performance with three points to go with it. 

Pickford to start in goal as expected with Digne (I believe he's fit?) and Coleman covering the left and right, the final game at Goodison for Zouma (as I don't think he will stay) alongside Keane or Jagielka. 

A goodbye to Gueye in the midfield alongside a goodbye to Morgan, or Tom Davies pushed forward in his place that I would probably prefer. Bernard and Richarlison on the wings to get inbetween the lines with Gylfi in the hole and DCL up front, another chance to prove himself before we look to sign a striker in summer.

Can't wait to hear that siren again 🔵 UTFT.