• Michael Keane
    • Lucas Digne
    • Fabian Delph
    • Morgan Schneiderlin
    • Alex Iwobi
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Richarlison

Current Player of the Season standings....
Lucas Digne...34
Yerry Mina...31
Jordan Pickford...27
Fabian Delph...17
Richarlison...14
Alex Iwobi...9
Bernard...5
Seamus Coleman...3
André Gomes...3
Gylfi Sigurðsson...3
Michael Keane...2
Cenk Tosun...2
Jean-Philippe Gbamin...1
Morgan Schneiderlin...1

Previous MOTM winners...
Wolves (H)...Fabian Delph
Lincoln City (A)...Lucas Digne
Aston Villa (A)...Yerry Mina
Watford (H)...Yerry Mina
Crystal Palace (A)...Jordan Pickford

Mina for me. Was only between him and Delph and on the first half it would have been the latter but he got a bit sloppy in the second half and then his technique for the goal was poor and he went into his shell a little after. Mina on the other hand was a mountain. Won everything that came his way and his passing is an underrated asset. He should get bonus points for playing alongside that donkey next to him too.

Think it has to be Digne.

Wish to fook we would stop Coleman from marauding down the wing cos he achieves fook all,  if he doesn't overun  the ball and lose it, his attempted crosses dont get past the 1st man.  Was no help in defense because  Keane had to play as a full back all day.

Delph for me. He had a great first half but couldn’t be as committed in the second due to the yellow. I thought iwobi had a good second half and would play him instead of gilfi next week and bring Bernard back in. I thought digne was quiet by his usual golden standards but he didn’t  do owt wrong so I see what people mean 

On 15/09/2019 at 17:18, Bill said:

Think it has to be Digne.

Wish to fook we would stop Coleman from marauding down the wing cos he achieves fook all,  if he doesn't overun  the ball and lose it, his attempted crosses dont get past the 1st man.  Was no help in defense because  Keane had to play as a full back all day.

And we let Kenny go on loan I hate the way our youngsters are being completely overlooked as a viable option, they don’t get the opportunity to prove there worth here yet go elsewhere and show they can do it. 

Completely bizarre in my opinion when the players in front of them show how inadequate they are 🤷‍♂️

On 16/09/2019 at 17:52, StevO said:

Not bothered voting, but the goals were terrible. Especially that third goal, Mina has no idea where Wilson was. Know where your man is!! 

Generally, we were just shite. 

If you watch it back Mina had won the header before and had just got back to his feet. That one wasn't on him.

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

If you watch it back Mina had won the header before and had just got back to his feet. That one wasn't on him.

Who else is it on then? Because Keane was marking a Bournemouth player already. Now I know he's one of the ones that gets torn to pieces for everything but he can't be in two places at once. There was still plenty of time for Mina to actually remember he's involved in a game of football and, you know, do his job.

Can't blame Keane for that, most of the day he was dragged out of position because Coleman continually got stranded up the field, and Finn Balor that's why you could get a bus through the middle.  Think I'd be tempted to play Sidibe in the next game he might be the better defensive option.  I've noticed that since Bernard has been left out we have tried the attacking from the opposite wingback and its not working Cos Coleman has no final delivery,  Digne and Bernard was our best attacking outlet and its gone to pot since the Manager changed it. 

9 hours ago, StevO said:

After he wins the header he’s stood watching the play around Coleman while Wilson is stood behind him. He should have been getting back into position. 

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Who else is it on then? Because Keane was marking a Bournemouth player already. Now I know he's one of the ones that gets torn to pieces for everything but he can't be in two places at once. There was still plenty of time for Mina to actually remember he's involved in a game of football and, you know, do his job.

If you look he was in line with the other 2 defenders playing the 2 bournemouth players offside. Keane had himself pinned by Solanke(?) and didn't push up with the other 3. 

To me that looks like 3 players on the same wavelength and one that isn't.  

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

If you look he was in line with the other 2 defenders playing the 2 bournemouth players offside. Keane had himself pinned by Solanke(?) and didn't push up with the other 3. 

To me that looks like 3 players on the same wavelength and one that isn't.  

I don’t want my Centre half in line with my full backs, the full backs should be slightly pressed ahead. That way Keane and Mina can spring an offside trap without needing the full backs. And our full backs are always looking to break forward anyway so would be expected to be a few yards ahead.

They weren’t up there playing an offside trap though, Coleman was up there in play. Mina had just won a header, and not got back. Digne isn’t involved in the play so will be up as the opposite full back should. Keane is actually with his man, where he should be. 

If Mina wins his header and then, instead of watching the play, looks for his man he could have dropped back on to Wilson and then he doesn’t have a free run on goal.

I’ve been impressed with Mina at the start of the season, but for this one he just fell asleep after the initial header. His man scored the goal. 

18 hours ago, StevO said:

I don’t want my Centre half in line with my full backs, the full backs should be slightly pressed ahead. That way Keane and Mina can spring an offside trap without needing the full backs. And our full backs are always looking to break forward anyway so would be expected to be a few yards ahead.

They weren’t up there playing an offside trap though, Coleman was up there in play. Mina had just won a header, and not got back. Digne isn’t involved in the play so will be up as the opposite full back should. Keane is actually with his man, where he should be. 

If Mina wins his header and then, instead of watching the play, looks for his man he could have dropped back on to Wilson and then he doesn’t have a free run on goal.

I’ve been impressed with Mina at the start of the season, but for this one he just fell asleep after the initial header. His man scored the goal. 

I dont completely disagree but I would feel a bit hard done by if I was Mina. Between making the initial header and getting his bearings it is 2 seconds before the ball is going back over his head. Delph is actually the closest man to Wilson after the header and if you watch the replay from the side camera you can see Coleman, Mina, Delph and Digne all forming a pretty good defensive line only to have Keane (8:48) on the footage below. As a centre half you just cant be that far behind the play as it is asking for all sorts of trouble. Its all split second stuff but at around the (8:22) mark where Keane is either level with or just ahead of his man and if he steps up in that moment, then its very unlikely that we concede that goal in my opinion. I just think its telling that 4 players are on the same wavelength and 1 isn't. In fairness I would probably say its a combination of the lot, including Delph and Digne who could have also positioned themselves so that they could have done more, but I again have sympathy with them as Keane should never have been that far behind play.

• MikeO locked this topic