IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

If I had known before Goldfish you could have designed my kitchen for me.

Am spending all my time at the moment when not at work doing up my first house.

Just brought a new kitchen last week after getting it designed

Aint got much experience with houses yet we generally do large kitchen areas like offices, schools and as i'm new to this type of work i'm still doing mainly stainless steel type fabrication designs. Having said that theres always someone to fill in the gaps!

Hope your kitchen turns out well anyway mate (and adds £££££££'s to your house value) :D

You can buy my car off me for £8k.

Y reg 206 if you want. Bargin at that price.

You want new or used???

Anything that you want in the car. i.e. power steering, electric windows air con.

How long have you been driving for?

Definiately power steering god id never be able to park otherwise!!! Id like electroc windows,air conditioning and cd player but im not overly fussed! Oh yeah id like one with proper doors to get in the back if you get what I mean!! Ive been driving for a year

And new would be nice but again im not fussed as long as it doesnt need a load of work

Edited by Claire

Right seeing as its mostly men here I need to ask a manly question!  Im looking for a cheap car that reliable and doesnt look like a rust bucket any ideas ive got about 8k to spend that ive been saving for like years!

8k buys you much more than a cheap car!!

After driving my Ex's car for several months I always reccoment the Ford KA to anyone looking for a small car with cheap running costs and cheap insurance. It a belting little car and feels great to drive considering the size plus its a ford so spare parts / repairs are cheap and easy to get hold of. The only downside is they look basic on the inside but that takes nothing away from the comfort, if you do go for it dont buy one with black plastic bumpers cos they go grey realy quick.

Eventualy she wrote it off with both of us in it and we rolled over 3 times and down a ditch so i can also personaly vouch for them being very sturdy and relativly safe. She walked away with no injurys and soft arse here with no seat belt on walked away with some brusing and little tweety birds flying around my head.

So the moral of the story is whatever car you buy always wear your seat belt :P

If you go to ........www.availablecar.com ( dont know how to put up a link) You can get yourself a four door ford fiesta finesse for 6 - 7 grand. cd player and all the extras. Dad should know about the Cars.

I got myself a 3 year old Ford Focus for 5 grand. less insurance and tax than my Sierra Saphire 2 litre, which only goes to the Car Shows now, cos its a bit pricey for everyday Driving.

Hang on!!

Your a student and you got 8 quid in the bank, how did you manage that  :huh:

Dont think 8 quid will buy a car!

But my gran and grandad set up a trust fund for me and put money in it so thats where the money comes from

Thanks everyone I was thinking about a Ford Ka or a corsa. I learnt to drive in a Clio so really like them as well and theres the Golf! God im never gonna be able to choose!

Have a Peugeot 306 that I bought for £1900 four years ago and it hasn't missed a beat...brilliant car, if not very exciting. My in-laws have two slightly newer models and they've had no probs either. If I had £8000 to spend and wanted something exciting I'd probably get a 306 Cabriolet :D , but a Corsa is good..drove a hire one once...you could get a nice second hand Focus if you wanted something a bit bigger. My mum has a Ka which I drove around Scotland and it was great...I'm no help at all am I? Buy what you like :lol::lol::lol: !

Definiately power steering god id never be able to park otherwise!!! Id like electroc windows,air conditioning and cd player but im not overly fussed!  Oh yeah id like one with proper doors to get in the back if you get what I mean!!  Ive been driving for a year

And new would be nice but again im not fussed as long as it doesnt need a load of work

if you want a good car. rover are selling 'city rovers' at a very low price. my bro got one for 4.5k. it has air con power steering cd player 5 doors and front and rear electric windows.

there you go claire. bluenoses advice for buying a car