IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

https://remyrecords.bandcamp.com/track/politicians

one of my favorite artists remy shand. canadian one man band, his first record for motown he did everything except horns. was a big hit in the late 90's and early 00's and then went into hiding, he occasionally will post a youtube video or a new song on his bandcamp (not on a label now).

this song directly correlates to the US presidency thread :)

his other stuff is more soul/funk/motown styling like the below. still gotta appreciate a guy who plays all instruments and does all the vocal harmonies, very few left after prince passed.

• 3 weeks later...

listened to some movie soundtracks recently..... got to say "Saturday night fever" is pretty awesome - bit of funk, disco, ballads.... a 5th of Beethoven - love it.

some favourite movie soundtracks:-

boat that rocked (awesome film)

commitments

blues brothers

Saturday night fever

grease (sorry but pure nostalgia)

goodfellas

stand by me

T.Rex and Bowie grew up with these legends just finished listening to 20th century boy still so current

That's a contradiction :lol:.

Agree with you on T Rex though; would've loved to have seen Bolan's future direction. Used to go past the tree where he died regularly when I lived in London.

Bowie had a few good albums and some decent songs early on but I never really "got" him. Last couple of decades or so I thought he was just embarrassing.

MikeO have you had a bang on the head today cause your talking gibberish mate I'd like to know who does it for you musically although I do appreciate your sentiments on Bolan/T.Rex

Off the top of my banged head :D.

No 1 will always be Neil Young (though my wife calls it "music to commit suicide to").

My favourite "Bowie album" ever is Mott the Hoople's All the Young Dudes which he produced and played sax on, as well as writing the title track; although I think that's probably the weakest song on it. Ziggy Stardust not far behind admittedly.

hope they don't disappoint. I listened to all their stuff yesterday, twice, and that's the first time I've done something like that in over 10 years

I like their guitar parts and drums a lot -- they have a little bit of that "djent" style.

The vocals aren't my favorite, but it's definitely listenable.