IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

Sounds interesting -- I'll have to check this out.

I hate you for telling me about this band. They've becomes a guilty pleasure. They sound like nu-metal, but I can't help but like them.

Do you like Periphery?

https://open.spotify.com/album/3CPtyTCOEirDSos5WzEQBt

hope they don't disappoint. I listened to all their stuff yesterday, twice, and that's the first time I've done something like that in over 10 years

Off the top of my banged head :D.

No 1 will always be Neil Young (though my wife calls it "music to commit suicide to").

My favourite "Bowie album" ever is Mott the Hoople's All the Young Dudes which he produced and played sax on, as well as writing the title track; although I think that's probably the weakest song on it. Ziggy Stardust not far behind admittedly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycit4OwYPNg

One of the only artist's who's live performances are so much better than from the studio albums

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I posted this before, but this has to be one of the most beautiful vocal extracts of a song I've ever heard:

It was a sneak peak at the upcoming mini-album at the time and the song itself took it in a completely different way. Still a very enjoyable experience, but especially when the vocal exerpt is coupled with the size of the music. The lead up and fade out either side are good but not even close quality wise:

British Theatre if you're interested. Golden Bruise and ID on Parade are also extremely good

Edited by Matt

I think 2016 can just fuck off now!!! Although I wasn't a fanboy, his voice was a soundtrack if you grew up in the 80's and 90's as I did. In my opinion, and I absolutely love Queen, he was the only singer that was capable of doing one of their songs and making it his own, in fact I think his live version is better than Queens! Rip George Michael a legend!

I think 2016 can just fuck off now!!! Although I wasn't a fanboy, his voice was a soundtrack if you grew up in the 80's and 90's as I did. In my opinion, and I absolutely love Queen, he was the only singer that was capable of doing one of their songs and making it his own, in fact I think his live version is better than Queens! Rip George Michael a legend!

Sad to see this, like you Mogsy not his biggest fan and hated Wham but his perfectly titled, "Listen Without Prejudice" album when he went solo was brilliant.

Does this count?

I've been working on a 6-movement suite for two choirs, four soloists, and percussion: Each movement depicts a different phase of the local river, the Chattahoochee. They're now complete - after several days of laboriously tidying up the written score (close to 200 pages of A3). The export program is none too good; still, you can get a sense of each movement.

• The first movement (Jacks Gap) describes the source of the ancient river in Native American lands.
  • The second movement (Mossy Creek) pictures the excited young river rushing through the foothills.
  • The third movement (Bull Sluice Lake) depicts the river drifting along on a hot summer's afternoon.
  • The fourth movement (Cut Bait) is a fugue and reveals the river tumbling its way through rapids.
  • The fifth movement (Lake Eufaula) depicts sunrise as the river expands into a lake.
  • The final movement (Apalachicola Bay) shows the fully mature river finally reaching the Gulf of Mexico.

https://soundcloud.com/stevemenear/sets/chattahoochee-a-suite-in-six

Edited by Cornish Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Travis - Sing

grew up listening to them in the 90's, what a great band (very underrated). owned all their records and finally saw them live about 10 years ago, it was one of the best concerts (and I've seen a ton) in my life. They put on a hell of a show, Fran skyped his mom in from Glasgow at one point to say hello, guitarist climbed to the top of his full stack amp and stood on top ripping a solo, Fran was crowd surfing while singing a tune. Just a lot of fun. Thanks for posting that romey, good memories.