IGNORED

Michael Owen?

• 1 year later...

How do these two quotes work together?

"The 31-year-old helped the club win a record 19th league title...."

"Owen, who started just one Premier League game for United this season..."

If you are on twitter, follow him and piers morgan. Morgan trash talks him something rotten.

His classic was something along the lines of "off out celebrating united league win in new york - I had nothing to do with it, but neither did michael owen"

Owen was clearly rattled big time - even to the point of stating he didn't get two medals for scoring two goals in the fa cup so was happy to take his league medal.

I'm probably in the minority but I'd like to see him here. He was an Everton fan growing up and I think it would be quite fitting for him to finish his career here and hopefully show he's still got something to offer. The obvious worry is he's going to be injured all the time and just cost us loads in wages but he seems a thoroughly decent guy, would possibly help shift some shirts and if he gets a chance he normally finishes it (unlike Beckford). I think he'd be worth the gamble, he used to be one of the best strikers in the world.

I'm probably in the minority but I'd like to see him here. He was an Everton fan growing up and I think it would be quite fitting for him to finish his career here and hopefully show he's still got something to offer. The obvious worry is he's going to be injured all the time and just cost us loads in wages but he seems a thoroughly decent guy, would possibly help shift some shirts and if he gets a chance he normally finishes it (unlike Beckford). I think he'd be worth the gamble, he used to be one of the best strikers in the world.

elephants graveyard springs to mind. He didn't want to know a couple of years back, we have better and can get better.

• 5 months later...