IGNORED

Michael Owen?

I can actually see there being something in this...

I was watching sky sports news earlier and he was saying his list of priorities were size of club location preferably not having to move then things like terms and so on will come into it...

Where the biggest club that may take a punt on Him coupled what we would be the closest...can we relocate Goodison sharpish!!

From what he was saying I'm sure He'd come here if we went in for him but i bloody hope we don't!!

We're getting there with attackers. Why would Moyes want to pay Owen?

A few years ago when he went to United he hhad his chance to come here. The first thing Moyes did when he arrived was get rid of dead wood. Just can't see this happening at this stage in Owens career.

If he wants to stay in the North West there are plenty of clubs to choose from.

Just saw this on SSN and I think this would ruin any excitement I had after the Mirallas deal. I can't see any advantage in having him here. He's hardly played in the last couple of years and I truly think he's happy to sit on the bench and collect a wage before he pops home to ride his horses unsure.png Thats not what the fans want or what Moyes needs on our wage bill. Ok maybe it would be useful to get Vellios out on loan to get some 90 minutes under him and could come back a more fully formed striker, because there is definitely something there, but thats looking on the extreme bright side

Edited by mrfen

To be honest I watched Owen on the telly yesterday and listened to what he was saying. Jury is out on this for me. I suspect he could still bang a few in and he could be a usable backup for the strikers we have in case of injury or suspensions. But on the other hand if he was still any good would his contract at United have been finished if he was still good enough?

On the plus side he is English, and may be usable. On the downside, he is OLD for a striker and has been injury prone in the past.

I just don't know on this. So please stop the subject as it is hurting my head.

I was never truly convinced by him the way others were, even when he had his pace, sure 1998 he was great but he was raw and unknown. I used to find he would score in fits and spells rather than consistently, I remember he used to take penalties for liverpool and missed a fair few.

He is good at finding space in the box, but so is Jelly and so was Yak. I just don't see much to be gained by this. Pay as you play maybe...but find it hard to accept we need this type of transfer, it smacks of desperation.

Not sure I understand that last comment.

Said it before, would jump at the chance to see Owen in Everton colors, just a player I have a lot of respect for, keeps himself to himself, doesn't feel the need for media attention. Obviously a shadow of his former self, but the name speaks for itself. Yes, injury prone, into his 30s now, but still a signing to get the pulses racing for me.

listening to Owen selling himself on twitter and via TV his injuries are caused by lack of Games. its another one of those Mark if injury free yes he would give us options, the one we know based on last few years would not.

Then he's likely to spend a lot of his time here injured too because he wouldn't get the games, he'd be playing second fiddle to Jelavic.

Stoke are the footballing equivalent of a "next" clothes sale. You go along, see things that were fashionable months ago, lying on a table all shabby and buy it because it is a fraction of it's former price. You get it home, try it on and it ends up in a charity bag within 3 months.

Crouch, Woodgate, Jones, Upson, Pennant, Jerome, Palacios

It's a football scrap heap. Reminds me of us under walter smith.

Stoke are the footballing equivalent of a "next" clothes sale. You go along, see things that were fashionable months ago, lying on a table all shabby and buy it because it is a fraction of it's former price. You get it home, try it on and it ends up in a charity bag within 3 months.

Crouch, Woodgate, Jones, Upson, Pennant, Jerome, Palacios

It's a football scrap heap. Reminds me of us under walter smith.

haf, that's classic mate, defo one to remember rofl.gif