IGNORED

Michael Owen?

how long has it been since that was actually true? 5 years ago I wouldve agreed but hes not had regular football for several seasons now, getting older and would only benefit us as a coach.....

If he came as a coach, I'd still want him in the squad so he can play when fit. Like Weir with the reserves.

He got 17 in 52 for United so 1 in 3, but that was mostly cameos. 5 in 31 in the league, 5 goals off the bench like Vic done last year would be a massive help.

Covers your reason about him never being out the physio room, if he's in there it's no cost to us.

I don't give a shit how much he costs us. The point was that he'd be brought in as back-up for Jelavic incase we were ever without him for a period of time but Owen wouldn't ever be a viable back-up for anyone because he'd spend half his time in the physio room.

Just to clarify, again, for anyone else, I'm not bothered about his wages. So don't come back with pay as play. Repeating myself is tiresome.

Despite all the opinions that are floating around I still think that Owen would be a really good signing and would transform us as a team, its a no brainer if we can pull of the pay-as-you-play deal.

fishing.giffishing.gif

Covers your reason about him never being out the physio room, if he's in there it's no cost to us. If you can get him on the pitch he's a 1 in 2 striker. So its a no brainer if it's pay as you play (admittedly it is a very small chance Owen would accept that kind of contract). If it's a full contract on like 50k a week I'll be in the no camp.

No camp? So not gay then?

I'll admit the bloke may be able do a job for us on a PAYP but I just can't stand the gimp the blokes a mercenary & I'd also never take Him from shuning us in the past.

He'd also be unfit for most part so would be no good anyhow.

Slightly off Owen but Berbatov would be another story:

And Berbatov also revealed his frustration about the transfer figure on his head on Facebook.

'Because I am tired of speculation,i am telling you this. I read the papers and I see they say 10 million pounds is my price,' he added.

'I go and talk with Sir Alex, and he says to me 5 million...So who is telling the truth, what do you think??'

Edited by EFC-Paul

cant afford berbatovs wages.

He earns around 100k a week if you off set it to His reported fee 5M He would cost someone around 15.5M on a two year deal, although 31 in todays market that for a player of His quality and with His track record here whoever takes Him on is getting a bargain....shame really Him and Jelavic would be immense :(

If not for causing turbulence in the camp if I had My way I'd push the boat out abit for a player of His quality wage wise oh well....will no doubt be another Asia player soon enough.

Lol I'd absolutely love seeing how our fans would react to his no effort attitude.

Thats the part I don't get with others nearly everyone jumped on Yaks case and still Vic and rightly so but Owen would be no different IMO........let some other club be mugs and pay him to sit on His arse...

Edited by EFC-Paul

Guest blueboy122

I am with Zoo on this one, for me its a no brainer, quality player when fit and knows where the goal is. Pay as you play only of course.

Owen has been a fraud since he lost his pace. His record at Liverpool was very good, and was constantly the focus of Gerrards creativity and through balls playing on shoulder of last man. No pace = no self sourcing of opportunities - tried to reinvent himself as a player who can come deep and link up play, sorry not even near good enough - he was 1 in 3 at Newcastle and Real, to summarise a total of 44 goals in 8 years - hardly anything to get excited about.

I thought we stopped being an elephants graveyard - are we to add Owen to the likes of Gazza, Ginola, Hughes etc?

Owen has been a fraud since he lost his pace. His record at Liverpool was very good, and was constantly the focus of Gerrards creativity and through balls playing on shoulder of last man. No pace = no self sourcing of opportunities - tried to reinvent himself as a player who can come deep and link up play, sorry not even near good enough - he was 1 in 3 at Newcastle and Real, to summarise a total of 44 goals in 8 years - hardly anything to get excited about.

I thought we stopped being an elephants graveyard - are we to add Owen to the likes of Gazza, Ginola, Hughes etc?

He finds space in the box better than anyone. Could replace Cahill with his headed goals. Also 1-3 is better than anyone who's been at the club for 2 full seasons. Saha, Ferguson and Campbell had 1 in 4 records for us. Yakubu is the only striker of recent who had a good goal record close to 1 in 3 and even then its heavily based on his first season. I can't think of anyone who consistently scored goals for us since Tony Cottee.

Edited by pete0

he was 1 in 3 at Newcastle and Real.

I woulden't mind our second striker being a 1 in 3 man. Considering that Jelavic is hitting the big numbers Owen would do nicely to keep our goal tally up, I don't think that Owen is the best option by any means but I don't think that he would be useless here, wherever he signs he manages to get goals and here would be no different.

Take away his penalties and you will be looking at a lot less, he is the complete opposite of a moyes striker. He ain't gonna work the channels, close players down, if he doesn't score it's because the ball never got to him in the 18 yard box. Yak twice the finisher IMO.

I woulden't mind our second striker being a 1 in 3 man. Considering that Jelavic is hitting the big numbers Owen would do nicely to keep our goal tally up, I don't think that Owen is the best option by any means but I don't think that he would be useless here, wherever he signs he manages to get goals and here would be no different.

UGH, let this rumor die. We dont need him. Either play Vellios, give Hope or another youngster a chance,or add a winger, and play Naismith at striker.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if we got him - he will still score goals at PL level. Yet I still don't really want him - it's an odd one. To be fair he's not played much at utd as they have very good options ahead of him as much as for injuries. He'll get my backing if he signs - I think he'll certainly be a PL striker next season but probably not with us (who I think he'd like to join). I can see Villa offering him a deal.

Sharp on Owen. http://www.talksport...-everton-17664?

Graeme Sharp has admitted Michael Owen would be a welcome addition to the ranks ahead of the new season.

Former Liverpool striker Owen has been a free agent since being released from Manchester United at the end of the season.

The ex-England international has admitted he is keen to stay in the Premier League withWest Brom and Stoke also reportedly interested in his services.

And Sharp reckons Owen could be the perfect back-up for the Toffee first-choice striker Nikica Jelavic

Up front is somewhere Everton need to look to strengthen,” he told talkSPORT. If Jelavic got injured we would be really light up top for a goalscorer.

That was the problem last year at the beginning of the season, we couldn't score. Jelavic addressed that problem but we need back-up and that is why the name of Michael Owen has come up in conversations.

will he just go to stoke so we dont look anymore a laughing stock we have no pace in this team whatsoever distin is probably our quickest player and he's in his 30's come on everton think

I think Owen has been watching the premiership years far too much. He states on twitter that he believes he can bang them in at the highest level? His goals for united were mainly against carling cup opponents - a third of his goals were in the carling cup against the mighty Scunthorpe, Barnsley, and Leeds

Seriously deluded. The game has moved on from the one where he was the golden boy who was spoon fed chances. He had ayear without a premier league game at united, his previous being a goalless draw at sunderland where he was dragged off after having one touch of the ball in the final third in 45 minutes, a backwards pass of 5 yards.

Leave well alone.

Owen at Stoke, that would be a strange move for me. Probably the most dangerous center forward in Europe a litte over 10 years ago, and now with an eye with a move to Pulis and Staffordshire, just fucking strange transfer that's all. Maybe Owen fancies being near to Alton Towers to have a go on the attractions, it's just a move I questioned, all respect to them, but I never thought I would see the day. I would have ;loved to have seen Owen at Everton some point in time the last 10 years. Ex shite player, Ok, but the kid really was a standout player, a class act, and was one of the best players in the world for a time. That time has passed, as with it, any chance of a move to Goodison it seems. I really would have liked to have seen him in Blue at some point in time, despite his infamous list of injuries. Just a class act I remember.

• 4 weeks later...

Rumours going round is that Michael Owen is set to sign for us today after failing a medical at Stoke. Surely if he's failed his Stoke medical he shoulden't be fit enough for us? I'd like Owen here but I don't want him if he's going to sit on the sidelines all season - I guess we'll have to wait and see if it's all bull or actual facts.

Adam Johnson strongly rumoured too.