IGNORED

Michael Owen?

Rumours going round is that Michael Owen is set to sign for us today after failing a medical at Stoke. Surely if he's failed his Stoke medical he shoulden't be fit enough for us? I'd like Owen here but I don't want him if he's going to sit on the sidelines all season - I guess we'll have to wait and see if it's all bull or actual facts.

major%20overreaction%20alert.gif

Adam Johnson strongly rumoured too

jump for joy.gif

I don't know where he has got it from so take it as a pinch of salt but my Dad just text me saying that the bookies are giving odds of 1/4 for Michael to sign for us. I can actually see this one coming off and given that the number '9' shirt is available I'd expect Owen to take it.

Am I the only one that would be slightly happy with this signing? Rumours are that it would be a pay as you play deal.... then surely it's a win win? Give him the ball in the box and 9 times out of 10 he'll put it in the back of the net. Personally I think it's worth the gamble for one year and IF (I know it's a very big if) he stays fit he could be a good impact player and chip in with a couple of goals. Just think he'd be a decent player on a free transfer.

I'm happy with this signing. I can 100% agree with people who are against it because I believe it is risky but if he comes on a pay as you play (which I find hard to beleive) then he will be perfect, he is a proven goalscorer with the some of the finest clubs around so I see no reason why he can't do it here.

Owen's stats;

Liverpool: 216/118

Madrid: 36/13

Newcastle: 71:26

United: 31:5

And thats only in league fixtures^ he's bagged plenty more in the Champions/Europa League and in the FA/Capital One Cup. Owen would be a good signing for us if we get the contract right.

Do you think Owen is still as marketable as he was?

I mean, he's not on the same level as Beckham but its a well known fact that LA Galaxy get a load of money from Beckham merchandise alone, even though it woulden't be on the same level do you think the signing of Michael Owen would bring in a lot of revenue in terms of shirts/banners.

(it's also a strong rumour around Twitter that he is at Finch Farm discussing terms - interesting).

Pay by play could do it for me. As long we had that with Saha, he played well and scored. I think it could work with Owen also. Hes past his best, i know, but when Jelly works outside of box a lot and still scores, Owen could be same way inside the box, when hes fit hell play, when he play regularly, he will score, no doubt.

We didn't have Saha on a pay as you play.

What? His first season with us was 60k per game. Then he got regular contract and then everything was fooked up with him.

edit: or at least thats the way i remember it :P can be wrong ofc, that wouldnt be nothing new :D

Edited by LexKing

Somebody tell Balotelli, that fucking dinosaurs are extinct.

I never pay much attention to social network rumors or people with little to do that invariably form fabricated mistruths and prefer my sources and information from a reliable publication. So it seems now there is a good chance that Michael Owen may be an Everton player some time soon. I'd be quite pleased with that, genuine eager to see him in blue, OK, ex-Shite player, but one of the names I could actually tolerate and he keeps himself to himself, could be the biggest ex-Shite signing made since Beardsley 20 years ago. Said as before, truly world class player, but injuries have not helped the kid, but still capable of doing a job but obviously past his supreme best. I would jump at the chance to see Owen here, even if only for a season, maybe it's just curiosity, but recognize a fine player. Then again, he may go elsewhere and all this talk may be for nothing, but it's a player I'd be eager to see at Goodison, despite his age, prone to injury, former LFC player, etc.

BTW, does any1 else remember was Owen red or Blue? Im getting too old to remember anything interesting correctly, but why i seem to remember he was Blue? Or who the hell im now confusing this thing about? Should been happening to switch to reds(as youth) quite same time than Cadamarteri swithed from reds to our youth academy.

edit: some typos. Im also too old to see keys without light.

Edited by LexKing

BTW, does any1 else remember was Owen red or Blue? Im getting too old to remember anything interesting correctly, but why i seem to remember he was Blue? Or who the hell im now confusing this thing about? Should been happening to switch to reds(as youth) quite same time than Cadamarteri swithed from reds to our youth academy.

edit: some typos. Im also too old to see keys without light.

He's a blue or at least was, his dad started his career at the club (only made 2 1st team appearances).

What? His first season with us was 60k per game. Then he got regular contract and then everything was fooked up with him.

edit: or at least thats the way i remember it :P can be wrong ofc, that wouldnt be nothing new :D

No, he wasn't. He offered to play on a pay as you play deal but we didn't take him up on it.

Edited by Romey 1878

No, he wasn't. He offered to play on a pay as you play deal but we didn't take him up on it.

That's what I thought but ToffeeWeb says differentdont know.gif .

"To get a player of his calibre effectively for free, (strictly on some undisclosed pay-as-you-play deal) suggested that concerns about perennial proneness to injury would limit his availability to fill the famous Royal Blue No 9 shirt."

http://www.toffeeweb...ofiles/Saha.php

That's what I thought but ToffeeWeb says differentdont know.gif .

"To get a player of his calibre effectively for free, (strictly on some undisclosed pay-as-you-play deal) suggested that concerns about perennial proneness to injury would limit his availability to fill the famous Royal Blue No 9 shirt."

http://www.toffeeweb...ofiles/Saha.php

I seem to remember Moyes pissing all over the pay as you play talk, but maybe I dreamt it :(.

Saha said he was willing to not get paid until he was fit and playing. Everton didn't take him up on the offer and paid him from the start of his contract, possibly because the contract may have been to complicated, or as a show of good faith for him taking a pay-cut to join us in the 1st place.

I seem to remember Moyes pissing all over the pay as you play talk, but maybe I dreamt it sad.png.

I remember that too. Moyes saying about him having faith in his own fitness so asked for pay as you play, but Everton appreciate a player of his talents, and being treated the same as the other players.