IGNORED

Axel Witsel

Is the Russian league proven quality now?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

He was also great at Benfica. I think it's worth looking into the performances he played for Benfica if you have doubts about the level at Zenit. You're right ti be sceptical, but I'll be fair I think he's a top class midfielder. But as it is with quite a few Belgian footballers, he is liable to suffer some off days every now and then. For him, that translates as just giving short lateral or backwards passes.

Edited by Mirallas

Now it's when he gets back off hioliday. Why do people lap this stuff up?

https://twitter.com/theesk/status/751437677212405760

Believing it as fact is silly. Following the stories because they provide enjoyment and there's nothing else going on is fine. As long as you approach it with the idea that this is a possibility and not a certain truth, you'll be alright. Getting bent out of shape over rumors is crazy, whether those tumors are about players at the club or players potentially coming into the club.

Believing it as fact is silly. Following the stories because they provide enjoyment and there's nothing else going on is fine. As long as you approach it with the idea that this is a possibility and not a certain truth, you'll be alright. Getting bent out of shape over rumors is crazy, whether those tumors are about players at the club or players potentially coming into the club.

People do treat it as absolute gospel though Joe that's the point I'm making.

How reliable is the eesk? I hear he's a mod on one of the fan pages or something, has he provided reliable information in the past?

Absolutely no idea mate, but he keeps posting days it'll be done then changing them so he's not that reliable by the looks.

Absolutely no idea mate, but he keeps posting days it'll be done then changing them so he's not that reliable by the looks.

playing devils advocate, he might have the inside scoop but negotiations take a turn

Don't believe it though.

that's the part of being a manager i would absolutely hate. guys waiting around to harass you to sign posters to sell on ebay.

I agree Mark, that aside I don't think he's the type to just let slip such information to "needy" fans if you get my drift so hopefully we'll see some movement soon

Why are we so shite at transfers, we take forevver to do anything and more often than not it goes tits up on us .

We don't know that yet.

Can't judge the transfer window until its closed. We do most of our business behind the scenes so its not surprising there is not much word of whats going on.

One thing that gives me hope is Moshiri's determination to get who he wants, demonstrated that with Koeman and I believe that will be the same for players.

Edited by London Blue

Why are we so shite at transfers, we take forevver to do anything and more often than not it goes tits up on us .

I think that's a little premature. There is a new Sheriff in town now so nobody actually knows how good or bad we are at getting these things done.

Also we are a mid table club that hasn't won anything for over 20 years so I would imagine that's a pretty hard sell when you are trying to entice top rate players

I think that's a little premature. There is a new Sheriff in town now so nobody actually knows how good or bad we are at getting these things done.

Also we are a mid table club that hasn't won anything for over 20 years so I would imagine that's a pretty hard sell when you are trying to entice top rate players

This a 100%

I Cant beleive people are saying that they wouldnt be arsed if this fell through, we have been screaming out for a midfield general for a long time now and this fella ticks all the boxes for me

Because the little I've seen of him doesn't suggest he's that good. I wouldn't be bothered if it happens or doesn't.

We were linked a week ago all the rumblings are it should have been done days ago. As far as I can see nothing has changed from seasons past.

We were linked a week ago all the rumblings are it should have been done days ago. As far as I can see nothing has changed from seasons past.

We were just talking about how rumours are almost never accurate, especially when it comes to specifics, and how we shouldn't get bent out of shape over them. You're responding to a rumour about a rumour and letting it feed into some larger narrative about how the club can't get anything done, yet we know no hard facts about anything surrounding the club's rumoured pursuit of Witsel. Try to just let the story unfold and see if anything happens. There's nothing to get excited or upset about just yet.

I understand frustrations about us not having done any business when we see all kinds of deals being made around us. But, we don't know anything factual about our targets. The club hasn't made any public statements about players. All we have are rumours, which are usually, for Everton, wide of the mark. And we historically haven't rushed into transfer dealings. Yet, something always tends to materialize. So, just take the rumours as rumours and nothing more. Wait for the business to be done. And, hopefully, the club makes good moves. We can assess whether or not they've made the right moves once the transfer window closes.