IGNORED

Axel Witsel

So he's holding out for more money? Or is it that he doesn't like the package being offered and wants to talk to is?

If it was just money....then he hasn't even spoke to Napoli as there is no competition.

He could be weighing up his options and deciding which club offers the best prospects?

But then again he only comes back of holiday today haha.

Unfortunately that's the way football is Matt. If you had two job offers you're more than likely to take the one that offers you most money.

But like Pad said, if he's looking for CL football, then fair enough, but then don't come to a club just to get more money. Just doesn't feel right.

I agree with all the logic you guys are saying, I just don't like it.

Players are mercenaries. Get used to it. They might say things but in the end they do what is best for *them*. Why would any player come to Everton otherwise? Especially now, after finishing 11th twice and with no European football? If you want something else, forget the transfer market and just play the kids. Of course this would mean dropping down a few divisions but at least there wouldn't be too many mercenaries.

For players it's just a job. They enjoy working more in some teams just like any of us would in our field. The idea that players play for a team because they love it is long gone. Players join Everton because the money is good, some because they feel they can develop and maybe move to a bigger club, some might be interested working with Koeman and so on. But if we only allow players who are fans of Everton to join the list of potential recruits is awfully short.

How many players exist of the quality we desire that will come here to a proposed vision for the same, or less money, than they can get at an established Champions league team?

The career of a player is a very short one. If we want players to forgo their Champions league desires, we have to pay them more than we usually would. They are taking a risk at the peak of their career. Extra money is how we smooth out the risk for them.

I don't like it. Not a fan of the thought at all. But we as a club are modern proof that cherry picking cheap buys will only get you so far (yes yes, I know...Leicester bloody Leicester!).

So long as we don't get absolutely arse raped for fees and wages...We'll have to accept it.

Out of interest...say if all this is true. Wietsel is now being told to fuck off by some...if he came in and had an absolute blinding season, fans player of the year type stuff...would he still be a mercenary? Because in my mind, he'd only become a mercenary if he came for shit load of wages then played shit every week and started speaking out about CL footy etc.(no...that is not a reference to any particular player we may have!!!).

Most are still missing my point. We offered him a big contract, he's (allegedly) turned his nose up at it because he thought he had better options. Now those options are no longer there he all of a sudden (allegedly) likes our offer. I understand they don't come because they support Everton, I understand they want to earn as much money as they can but there has to be some level of commitment from the player. Not no thanks then oh fuck it I've no better offers so Ii'll come but didn't really want to .

He's already half arsed. I want players who get offered an alleged 6 figure weekly salary to say yes straight away and sign not come back because it's their only choice.

I don't care about that. If I was offered two jobs, one with exciting opportunities and one with a much bigger salary but only a promise that the company aims to grow big so that it can in the future offer those same chances I would also consider my options very thoroughly. I might well ask the first company if they could up their bid to make the difference smaller.

Sorrybbut if he's arsed us around after being offered 120 a week then fuck him, he plays in the fucking Russian league not like it's Mata coming from a club like Man U .

I just think this transfer has bad news written all over it and will all end in tears

Sorrybbut if he's arsed us around after being offered 120 a week then fuck him, he plays in the fucking Russian league not like it's Mata coming from a club like Man U .

I just think this transfer has bad news written all over it and will all end in tears

that was a journo rumour the real rumor said 60k a week and 20m fee which is palatable.

Doesn't it prove the exact opposite of being a mercenary if he doesn't pick the highest bid as his first choice?

And I bet Mata isn't an Evertonian either.

I don't understand all this...he's away on holiday but has still held contract talks with two clubs?

Shouldn't we be showing more respect and leaving players alone for just one week while on holiday.

Unless we haven't.

is his agent on holiday? I'd imagine that's where the noise is coming feom