IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Clearly... His opinion counts for Jack shit unless he's in charge of team affairs. You seriously dragging this one out ?

You gonna be ok with players talking to the echo telling them that they should be played in certain tactics with certain players and who they deem to be the right club to buy them should they move????

You aren't so lets just stop this petty one, he's a bit of an ego who likes to get his own way.

Lukaku cant give his opinion, I cant give mine! :shaking fist:

To be clear, I want to know what he was asked to lead him to respond the way he did rather than trust a snippet from a paper. But yeah, I'll give up, no point reasoning or debating with you on Lukaku.

Lukaku cant give his opinion, I cant give mine! :shaking fist:

To be clear, I want to know what he was asked to lead him to respond the way he did rather than trust a snippet from a paper. But yeah, I'll give up, no point reasoning or debating with you on Lukaku.

If every footballer gave his opinion to the press then clubs would be in risk of mutiny. Like it or not there is one man who makes the decisions. Like every manager says, their door is open, they don't need to hear players whinging to the press, speak to the manager man to man.

It's not just lukaku who does it, John Terry did it at the last world cup and was rightly bollocked for it.

Guest blueboy122

Agree with Haf all day.

Lukaku I am afraid has got far to much to say for himself.

Undermining the manager? Telling him who he should be played with etc. What a self-righteous little bastard! He's a 21 year old lad telling the manager how to do his job. Imagine if the manager was Van Gaal or even Moyes... Shit would go down.

He should shut his mouth stop speaking to the press and work on that touch of his.

Imagine if the manager gave his opinion of Lukaku. "he's an overhyped, lazy, mouthy so and so and to be quite frank about it I have seen 5 year olds with a better touch"

But that's just giving his opinion.......

What I will say is at least Lukaku speaks his mind and gives a good interview. Most players give the shittiest, uninspired set of answers that offer no window whatsoever into the game or their lives.

Speaking your mind as in "I wasn't good today cos I've been a lazy arse and spend too much time looking at my team mates rather than making intelligent runs" would admirable.

Finding pathetic excuses and trying to engineer the team to be set up for yourself is just shite.

Speaking your mind as in "I wasn't good today cos I've been a lazy arse and spend too much time looking at my team mates rather than making intelligent runs" would admirable.

Finding pathetic excuses and trying to engineer the team to be set up for yourself is just shite.

I'm not saying he's right in his thinking. I'm just saying it makes for more interesting reading than the same old lines about "digging deep" and "working hard".

Wages would be insane wouldnt they? plus, no sell on value

Apparently around £60k a week which for a player of his quality in today's ridiculous footballing world isn't to bad

It's looking likely his future will be sorted once Belgium's world cup is over and with his likely fee wanting CL football etc I'd bet my house on him not coming here on a permanent basis

Apparently around £60k a week which for a player of his quality in today's ridiculous footballing world isn't to bad

It's looking likely his future will be sorted once Belgium's world cup is over and with his likely fee wanting CL football etc I'd bet my house on him not coming here on a permanent basis

Its not too bad at all! Thought it would be much more

Simeone wants 28 year old Negrado ahead of Lukaku... Mourinho doesn't want Lukaku, Man City aren't in for Lukaku (who lets be honest - if was the 21 year old potential superstar they would have signed him), Arsenal have not shown an interest and lets face it Wenger loves signing young pacey players - who have can work with.

Mandzukic wouldn't be an option for us, I believe he would demand Champs League and will get it.

The reality is - lets be honest, no one wants to take a chance on Lukaku at £20m plus...

There is an element of many getting completely carried away by Romelu, part of my approach has been to be "overly" critical in order to get some balance on him... is he as good as many are making out? No. Is he as bad as i'm making out - not quite.

The fact is many have this overriding image of him doing what he can do which is running like a rhino at a defence and scoring 1 in 2. I also have this image of him looking like a half interested prima donna who in some vital games just never showed up - not because his team mates weren't giving him service, but because it wasn't his game... just like his games for Belguim where he started. He never made himself an option because he was marked well.

For me it all comes to price - he's far from an elite striker IMO. He may become a very good one, but at the moment he is good for certain games at certain times. At the money Chelsea want the likes of Negredo, Firmino seem far more attractive for better all round players.

I think the big worry for clubs at that price is that Lukaku is not very grounded.

Listening into his interviews you would easily be forgiven if you thought he was a three time Champions League winner, world cup winner, along with the golden boot, player of the year and others etc.

If he had the attitude that he was grateful for whatever club wanted him and that all he wanted to do was repay that faith and prove himself then you may find people would part with 20+ a lot easier.

I think the big worry for clubs at that price is that Lukaku is not very grounded.

Listening into his interviews you would easily be forgiven if you thought he was a three time Champions League winner, world cup winner, along with the golden boot, player of the year and others etc.

If he had the attitude that he was grateful for whatever club wanted him and that all he wanted to do was repay that faith and prove himself then you may find people would part with 20+ a lot easier.

Now far be it from me to look at the negatives of Romelu... Joke. But in all seriousness... it really did appear the other night that the pundits refused to wax lyrical over a very "impactful" performance. I think they knew that USA had given absolutely everything and then on pops a 21 year old steam train against an exhausted defence. I think they see a better prospect in Origi and admire his work ethic and link up play - I most certainly do.

The first I had heard a pundit be critical of him is Ronnie Goodlass - said hitting the ball at lukaku is like kicking it against railings.

can someone explain how the bundesliga leading scorer for like 3 season goes for 14m? at 60k a week? not to mention he's not african so no worry about ACN either, this would be a no brainer, made up for atletico but really feel these are the player we should be going for.

Maybe not long left on his contract? Might have got a huge signing on fee?

Simeone wants 28 year old Negrado ahead of Lukaku... Mourinho doesn't want Lukaku, Man City aren't in for Lukaku (who lets be honest - if was the 21 year old potential superstar they would have signed him), Arsenal have not shown an interest and lets face it Wenger loves signing young pacey players - who have can work with.

Mandzukic wouldn't be an option for us, I believe he would demand Champs League and will get it.

The reality is - lets be honest, no one wants to take a chance on Lukaku at £20m plus...

There is an element of many getting completely carried away by Romelu, part of my approach has been to be "overly" critical in order to get some balance on him... is he as good as many are making out? No. Is he as bad as i'm making out - not quite.

The fact is many have this overriding image of him doing what he can do which is running like a rhino at a defence and scoring 1 in 2. I also have this image of him looking like a half interested prima donna who in some vital games just never showed up - not because his team mates weren't giving him service, but because it wasn't his game... just like his games for Belguim where he started. He never made himself an option because he was marked well.

For me it all comes to price - he's far from an elite striker IMO. He may become a very good one, but at the moment he is good for certain games at certain times. At the money Chelsea want the likes of Negredo, Firmino seem far more attractive for better all round players.

All good points however we are not at the same level as any of those clubs and we don't have the money or the pull of any of them so they will be able to attract the calibre of players we can only dream about

All good points however we are not at the same level as any of those clubs and we don't have the money or the pull of any of them so they will be able to attract the calibre of players we can only dream about

Is that not the point he's making though? In a round about way (!!!).

That Lukaku is not wanted by those clubs who go out and snap up the higher calibre players, pay whatever for them (especially if they are young), yet they don't seem to be in a hurry to snap up Lukaku? So despite this magical mystical 1 in 2 strike rate, and despite only being 21 etc etc...Not many seem to be chasing him? So is he really of the calibre believed? And can he splashing out 20 or so million really be justified?

Of course it could be that he is away with Belgium and doesn't want any distractions. For all we know he could come back after the world cup, be told he's not wanted at Chelsea and the floodgates open.

Who cares which clubs are or are not in for him. I don't see that it makes the slightest bit of difference and it's just another bullshit reason to slag off Lukaku. Stick to the real valid reasons.

Nah, it's just another way of looking at it. That's all. Valid reasons, on both sides, have been done. And done again. Then done again.

Looking forward to him getting back and it all get sorted. Then hopefully this thread can get locked. Unless he signs for us...then it will rumble on for a few years. Fantastic.

You could say the same about Shaw or Lallana or Costa? Who else wanted them? We didn't know but it's hardly a reason for their respective new clubs to buy them.

Big difference, they all have very good technical proficiency. As much as being a 6ft 3 steam roller can be an asset, paramount importance must be placed on looking after the ball.

Listen, lukaku for me if he had great control and technical ability could be the player Stan collymore promised to be. The reality is, he just hasn't got it.

He's being promoted above his level, simple as that. Watch James Rodriquez tonight, marked to the inch, still managed to kill it, turn, beat a man, lay it off. I'm not saying go and buy him but seriously when you look at players like him, Suarez, aguero, Mueller, and the list goes on you see why lukaku has a glass ceiling above his head.

At the right price, a good signing. But He's at an inflated price. For me it's like buying a convertible car when it rains half the year.

You could say the same about Shaw or Lallana or Costa? Who else wanted them? We didn't know but it's hardly a reason for their respective new clubs to buy them.

Erm, not sure of your argument there? All 3 of those players were continuously linked to other clubs??? And the bit in bold, not sure where that's going?

Anyway. I think your missing the point of the subject a bit. The whole linked to big clubs thing is more to do with the 'over hype' of Lukaku. It's not solely to do with who wants him, but it's more Haf making a point that if he was as good as some believe, the likes of United, City, Madrid etc would be all over him. But also Chelsea wouldn't want to let him go. Which we don't really know yet anyway. So the whole last umpteen pages of this thread have been pointless!!! It's not really my argument, because I'm in the school of thought that we don't know what is happening anyway. I just liked that angle of thinking.

Although the latest round is that he is going on loan to atletico for a year. Honestly, I really couldn't be arsed with being farmed out on loan to 3 clubs in 3 years. Man, would do my nut in a bit.