IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Much like in the case of Barry, what's pissing me off is that he's just spent a season with us so it shouldn't take that long to know whether he wants to return or not. Sign or piss off so we can move on to other targets before they're snapped up and we're left with shite up front next season.

Much like in the case of Barry, what's pissing me off is that he's just spent a season with us so it shouldn't take that long to know whether he wants to return or not. Sign or piss off so we can move on to other targets before they're snapped up and we're left with shite up front next season.

Who says its him holding things up? Knowing how hard-ball the board play in negotiations, I'd guess its a payment structure being accepted thats causing delays

Never in a million years would the club tell workers in the shops this before it was announced. Imagine the scenario <all staff members called to a meeting> "listen don't say fuck all but get ready for an influx of Lukaku shirts it's gonna get messy" .... "Oh and don't forget to remind the punters there's no socks till beginning of August" I can see them all sworn to secrecy by Elstone and him rubbing his hands thinking the jobs a good-un!

Silly rumour that is just not true!

Maybe he's holding out for something better? Put it in perspective if you applied for two jobs and the one which offeres you less money phones back saying you got the job, you'd wait out for the other employer to see if they are going to give you the job too... Plus the lads on holiday, let him decide when he's cleared his head. Its a tough career football, he must be stressed. :rolleyes:

Maybe he's holding out for something better? Put it in perspective if you applied for two jobs and the one which offeres you less money phones back saying you got the job, you'd wait out for the other employer to see if they are going to give you the job too... Plus the lads on holiday, let him decide when he's cleared his head. Its a tough career football, he must be stressed. :rolleyes:

Belgium got knocked out 18 days ago. How long does he want?

You're right on the holding out thing though. I think we're his safety net if nobody else comes along and to be honest the thought of that irks the life out of me.

If he's waiting for something better then let him, that's fair enough, but we should withdraw our offer in that case. We can't afford to sit around waiting in the hope he decides we'd be a good consolation prize. If the better offer does materialise then we could be left in the shitter. I don't fancy our chances with our current striking options if him waiting leaves us with nothing.

If he's waiting for something better then let him, that's fair enough, but we should withdraw our offer in that case. We can't afford to sit around waiting in the hope he decides we'd be a good consolation prize. If the better offer does materialise then we could be left in the shitter. I don't fancy our chances with our current striking options if him waiting leaves us with nothing.

I've got a horrible feeling we're going to kick off against Leicester with Kone up front. Just a feeling I get but I wont be surprised if we do lets put it that way.

Flip this on its head. Since he spent a season with Everton, it doesn't matter so much whether he attends pre-season training. That gives us another month to get the best deal.

Flip this on its head. Since he spent a season with Everton, it doesn't matter so much whether he attends pre-season training. That gives us another month to get the best deal.

The deal is already agreed with Chelsea, the only thing left is for Lukaku to decide.

And it doesn't matter if he attends pre-season training to get to know the team, you're right. But, we need the deal bloody done so we can move on to other deals! The longer this one rumbles on the less business we can do in other areas that we need to strengthen.

Everton Aren't We are pretty certain that we will get him:

User Actions
Following
User Actions

HAHAHAHAHAHA. WHAT HAVE WE BEEN FUCKING TELL YOU ALL WEEK?!!!!!

User Actions
Following
J695RLGQ_bigger.pngEverton Aren't We?@EvertonArentWe

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. YAS CAN WAIT FOR YA CONFIRMATION AND I'M GONNA LAUGH MY BOLLOCKS OFF!

User Actions
Following

Our work here is done. No apologies necessary. Everyone that gave us pure shit just unfollow us when Lukaku is official.

User Actions
Following

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING !!!

User Actions
Following

Lukaku to Everton. 100%. Everyone that's been chatting shit about us all week for 'making it all up' just unfollow us when it's official.

Daily Fail report that he will sign within 48 hours....

Heard that one before.

Really skeptical of it because of Daily Mail as well, but for what its worth the guy specifically reporting this one is supposedly very tuned in to Everton stuff, and Sky Italia is apparently reporting that Juventus have dropped out because Everton and Chelsea have agreed to terms.

I think that we will sign him, don't know whether it's going to happen soon, but I think we're going to be the most appealing club contending for his signing. The two teams with the most immediate interest are Wolfsburg and ourselves. He already knows us and we play in the Premier League, which is the league he's been watching forever. I don't believe he wants to stay at Chelsea, definitely not after them buying Diego Costa.

In those Italian reports of Juve's interest it was said that Lukaku was a backup option if they couldn't agree a deal for Real Madrid's Alvaro Morata and supposedly they have got a deal. He was never Atlético's first choice either supposedly and they've already got Mandzukic in. Rumours of Liverpool's interest are more likely to be shitstirring imo.