IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

He's not coming is he. It all smelt wrong to me anyway. For starters, I was really surprised with the 18 million tag (Borini for 14 makes it look even more ridiculous) but thought it could raise to /5 with add ons so let that go, then there was him changing his twitter bio, again could mean nothing. Next the sources, "everton aren't we" on twitter, the Daily Mail and another Twitter rumour that the club shop had been preparing Lukaku 10 shirts (all highly dubious to say the least) then there is the lack of reporting from the major news channels. I know ssn aren't exactly the oracle on everything but not a whiff of a report on there (they've now obviously sent the feelers out and reported tonight he's staying put. I know which one I thinks more credible) and then the utter silence from the club, nothing in the Echo (again doesn't mean much but it would surely of picked up something on it) and finally the player himself, he's said nothing, nish, nada. All added together and I stand by what I said this morning, it's all a load of bollocks. Lets just move the fuck on, it's a soap opera we can not afford to be in.

One things for sure is that "everton aren 't we" is looking a right tool now isn't he. Part of me thinks he's come home last night after an all day session and thought "fuck it" and plastered that everywhere because he thinks he's coming but hoping his "guess" will come in and earn him the credibility he is obviously craving. I wonder if he woke up around midday and thought "oh fucking hell"

SSN now running with him returning to Chelsea to fight for his place. Once he returns from his holiday, of course.

Make of it what you will, it just carries on!

If any of you have read this http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-expect-everton-target-romelu-7460402

Then it's hardly surprising that they are responding to the speculation of an imminent move which is yet to be announced by claiming that he will be joining them in pre season, with that being the "situation as we [They] speak". If anything it just implies that they are not willing to state anything about any potential departure until it is complete and announced. They are not quashing that he will be signing for us but more saying that they cannot confirm it. That said there may have been some unexpected complications, but again we will just have to wait and see..

I'm happy to wait a week or 2 longer if it screws the deal down from 22-18mil... No matter what you say 4mil is big money and we cannot just throw it away on rushing a deal through, if we get both Rom and Besic for 22mil surely that's worth the weeks wait?

If any of you have read this http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-expect-everton-target-romelu-7460402

Then it's hardly surprising that they are responding to the speculation of an imminent move which is yet to be announced by claiming that he will be joining them in pre season, with that being the "situation as we [They] speak". If anything it just implies that they are not willing to state anything about any potential departure until it is complete and announced. They are not quashing that he will be signing for us but more saying that they cannot confirm it. That said there may have been some unexpected complications, but again we will just have to wait and see..

Agreed. You'd think Chelsea would go with a more concrete, "our intentions are to keep him and have him compete for a spot in the XI," or something to that effect. A weak, "well right now the plan is to have him come to training..." doesn't scream of a team looking to keep Lukaku.

Agreed. You'd think Chelsea would go with a more concrete, "our intentions are to keep him and have him compete for a spot in the XI," or something to that effect. A weak, "well right now the plan is to have him come to training..." doesn't scream of a team looking to keep Lukaku.

They don't want to keep him though that's the whole point. We want him but can't afford him, we could if we threw Barkley in the deal but we wont. We can afford so much, they want much more, they were pinning their hopes on Juve or Athletico coming in but that doesn 't seemed to have materialised and no one else will offer as much as we have so it's now at a stalemate/stand off sort of situation. That's what the people close to Chelsea are saying anyway. Apparently he's desperate to stay but they are not interested and want rid so it's a case of who will buckle first. Us by offering more, them to get shut or a reversal on them allowing him to stay coupled with him settling for splinters in his arse on the bench or someone coming in and meeting their valuation. Until something gives nothing is happening.

That's what I've just been told anyway

Chelsea assistant coach Steve Holland has now said no decision will be made on Lukaku within the next 2 weeks.

I think they'll give him a chance to prove himself a bit in and around the Chelsea team. Which from Chelsea and Lukaku point of view, is fair enough.

Up to Roberto what he wants to do now.

Yep, it's certainly a bit frustrating. So many different noises coming from Chelsea...actual noises, not just media make ups or I've been told by a mates mate.

Who really knows? I just hope Roberto knows what cards he is playing. Fair few different outcomes could come from this, good and not so good.

Oh, and the only surprising thing from the latest echo link is that it was 6 years ago we paid 15 mill for Fellaini. 6 years ago!!! Blimey.

Can we close one of the lukaku threads?

He can't be our player and a possible transfer to us.

Or do we just open another thread in youth development too?

Haha. I was thinking the same.

I think it would be right to 'suspend' this one as Lukaku is not our player and is only transfer speculation at the moment. I've thought that for a while but now that there is a Lukaku thread in the rumours section too...Bit confusing and repetitive?

Just read he's due to link up with Chelsea this week. Mourinho is taking him on their pre-season tour to assess him.

I've got a feeling he'll stay at Chelsea. With Ba and Eto'o gone that only leaves Costa, Lukaku and Torres. Now Mourinho said their business is finished. Do you really think he's going to sell Lukaku and leave himself with only Torres as a back up to Costa??? No chance. Move on Everton he's staying at Chelsea.

To be honest, I think the bookies get wind of whats gonna happen, so in this case Lukaku is gonna stay (at least in this window) at Chelksi then he's signing for us gets bandied about more substantially (odds are increased/decreased, bets are made) & more often than not the obvious happens, the player stays with the club hes' contracted to, bookies make loads on random odds/bets. Surely its no so hard to date (& after the great season he/we had together) for Lukaku to have been mutually asked by us, Dya fancy it yes/No? yes OK fair one we've hung around to see w'happens, no move the fuck on man. Instead it just seems to have been a hope by us and now we've got a Remy fee agreed for as little as EIGHT POINT 5 (so shocked, for such a low fee I had to caps lock it) and we aren't even sniffing around a player of his capability for that fee, I'm absolutely gutted by this one I really am, proven prem scorer £8.5 and even worse going to them, absolutely gutted here, truly, I really hope we just move on and go for some viable centre forward targets ASAP, like IMO Bony but whatevs hurry the eff up please Bobby!??!?!?!? You'd think after last season our stock had risen (again) but as ever it seems not, its doing my head in now seeing bbc everton page our big news ir Big Joe is back Whoooooooooooooooooo :-|

Mr I. Am. Frustrated

NB: From the Echo: Goodison Park insiders cautiously optimistic of fending off interest from Juventus and signing Lukaka, yeah and I remain cautiously optimistic I'm gonna win the lottery on Friday! 4FS

Edited by drs08

To be honest, I think the bookies get wind of whats gonna happen, so in this case Lukaku is gonna stay (at least in this window) at Chelksi then he's signing for us gets bandied about more substantially (odds are increased/decreased, bets are made) & more often than not the obvious happens, the player stays with the club hes' contracted to, bookies make loads on random odds/bets. Surely its no so hard to date (& after the great season he/we had together) for Lukaku to have been mutually asked by us, Dya fancy it yes/No? yes OK fair one we've hung around to see w'happens, no move the fuck on man. Instead it just seems to have been a hope by us and now we've got a Remy fee agreed for as little as EIGHT POINT 5 (so shocked, for such a low fee I had to caps lock it) and we aren't even sniffing around a player of his capability for that fee, I'm absolutely gutted by this one I really am, proven prem scorer £8.5 and even worse going to them, absolutely gutted here, truly, I really hope we just move on and go for some viable centre forward targets ASAP, like IMO Bony but whatevs hurry the eff up please Bobby!??!?!?!? You'd think after last season our stock had risen (again) but as ever it seems not, its doing my head in now seeing bbc everton page our big news ir Big Joe is back Whoooooooooooooooooo :-|

Mr I. Am. Frustrated

Remys was a release clause to a champions league club only, he would have been double that to us.

Remys was a release clause to a champions league club only, he would have been double that to us.

So £17M that still a good price for a proven prem / internaional striker no? Considering we've (allegedgy) got +£85M, Arteta money etc?

So £17M that still a good price for a proven prem / internaional striker no? Considering we've (allegedgy) got +£85M, Arteta money etc?

He's a mercenary with a massive ego who causes trouble wherever he goes. Not the type of player we want and would have no sell on value . He said at the end of last season he would be playing for one of the big 5 this year meaning Barca, Madrid, PSG , Juve or Man City he's now Liverpools second choice striker.

85 million? Is that a joke?? :lol:

Haha. I was thinking the same.

I think it would be right to 'suspend' this one as Lukaku is not our player and is only transfer speculation at the moment. I've thought that for a while but now that there is a Lukaku thread in the rumours section too...Bit confusing and repetitive?

It would indeed. Done.

Lukaku comments here please :).

I think I hate this player now. It's been like a bad episode of eastenders the past few months..i now wouldn't be surprised if the infamous drum start of eastenders began on the first game of the season only for all of us to take front view of the tunnel as the lads make there way out, in the hope to see big Rom walk out at the end to tears and admiration..... This is pathetic now.

Why have you given yourself a negative rep for that; did you type it and then change your mind :lol:?

It was the only part of the post I agreed with :D

Doesn't sound so pathetic now does it Matt.

I realize this link -- http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelseas-romelu-lukaku-transfer-hold-3885510 -- doesn't provide any dramatically new info, but the way Lukaku's situation is described here leads me to think, semi-conspiratorially, as follows.

Mourinho holds all the cards. Say, just for argument, he really is reconsidering the long-shot possibility of keeping Lukaku. Fair enough, so he looks at him for the next, um, 6 weeks, even giving him a look when Chelsea play Burnley, Leicester, maybe Everton on Aug. 30. Maybe it's our unfortunate fate that we drew our first match with Chelsea just before the window closes.

Having given Lukaku a look, Mourinho belatedly decides to sell. To Everton. After 8 p.m. On August 30.