IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

That may actually make Rom want to stay even more because he's a bit of a hero to him isn't he?

Yeah, he was his idol. But they were both at Chelsea in the 2011-12 season and Lukaku was still frustrated that entire season and he wanted to leave after that year. I honestly do not believe Lukaku wants to stay at a club where he is unlikely to be the no. 1 choice. I think this just makes it likelier that Chelsea will part with him.

Yeah, he was his idol. But they were both at Chelsea in the 2011-12 season and Lukaku was still frustrated that entire season and he wanted to leave after that year. I honestly do not believe Lukaku wants to stay at a club where he is unlikely to be the no. 1 choice. I think this just makes it likelier that Chelsea will part with him.

I hope you're right and he does end up here. Whatever happens I just want it to be soon.

Just sick to death of it all :(.

I'm with thow in the "until someone who actually matters says something I'm just going to ignore it all" camp.

But that's actually pretty much where I sit for every transfer rumour in every window; I quite often "mark as read" everything in the rumourama section to save the bother of trawling through it, it's the only way to retain your sanity.

I'm with thow in the "until someone who actually matters says something I'm just going to ignore it all" camp.

But that's actually pretty much where I sit for every transfer rumour in every window; I quite often "mark as read" everything in the rumourama section to save the bother of trawling through it, it's the only way to retain your sanity.

The logical one speaks again!

How frustrating is this window it's gotta be the worst of all.

As a bit of perspective.

At this time last year we had active rumourama threads on (threads with solid links, not Twitter/ITK speculation)...

Mubarak Wakaso, Terry Antonis, Shaun Maloney, Johnny Russell, Eduardo Salvio, Dusan Tadic, Sasha Molder, Lossemy Karaboué, Stefan Johansen, Roberto Soldado, Marc Bartra, Lamine Sane, Hugo Almeida, Virgil van Dijk, Serge Aurier, Dieudonne "Dieumerci" Mbokani, Bruno Ecuele Manga, Dries Mertens, Macnelly Torres, Stephen Ireland, Ashley Williams, Lenny Nangis, Rio Mavuba, Younes Belhanda, Andreas Cornelius, Nikolay Mihaylov, Nathan Dyer, Nathan Redmond, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Marco van Ginkel, Mohammed Rabiu, Victor Wanyama, Leroy Fer, Rolando, Kevin Strootman, Mory Kone and Héctor Moreno.

We then had thirty plus more threads that came to nothing before the end of the window.

I kind of understand why people are getting frustrated, even though I don't feel the same, but don't get sucked into "this is the worst ever" because it plainly isn't. It's just business as usual.

I think it's the worst simply because we done so well last season.

I thought it would be easier to get players in but the World Cup has affected the market big time.

No, not the market. PL is on its way to a record breaking transfer window according to Deloitte’s Sports Business Group. PL clubs have so far spent 70mil more this year compared to last year. Nothing wrong with the market. Its Everton that are stalling atm. Probably because of Lukaku

the spending is up due to the world cup prices have gone up crazily, sunderland are reportedly paying 13m for borini, had they tried to buy him last summer they would have got him for say 7/8 million.

He hadn't just scored 10 PL goals last season. His pricetag is absolutely nothing to do with the World Cup.

My mate is absolutely adamant this is a done deal, hhe's not usually one to comment to be fair but he is insistent someone he knows and trusts has told him it's done . I've typed this 4 times now cos I don't want people to think I'm one of those itk people so for the record I'm not, I have no connections at all but this lad is absolutely adamant. As I say he's not usually like this so make of it what you will. I'm still not having ot myself. Mate or not.

I think it's the worst simply because we done so well last season.

I thought it would be easier to get players in but the World Cup has affected the market big time.

We haven't lost any of our star players and we are not likely to so it is a million miles away from being the worst transfer window

Roberto's walking a tightrope here. He wants to wait to see if Lukaku's coming (or wants to come)but on the other hand he won't want to let onto Lukaku that the club revolves around him. He can't pursue other strikers, then keep them on hold while he waits for Lukaku as they then will feel like make-does and never perform well. He has to have fall back date that effectively says 'Lukaku, come now or piss off".

While I can see he wants Lukaku, he also must know that it's to be on our terms and that Lukaku needs to know that we won't wait for ever.

If Lukaku's not careful he'll end up a permanent bench-warmer at Chelsea. After all this to'ing and fro'ing he may find it more difficult to get any decent club to sign him as they won't be bothered with hassle. But then I suppose there's always Spurs and Newcastle.

Edited by Oztoffee

We haven't lost any of our star players and we are not likely to so it is a million miles away from being the worst transfer window

Way off the mark dunc. The big difference is we weren't in Europe when selling the likes of fellaini or arteta. The minimum would be not to lose but it's still classed as one of the worst transfers yet.

Way off the mark dunc. The big difference is we weren't in Europe when selling the likes of fellaini or arteta. The minimum would be not to lose but it's still classed as one of the worst transfers yet.

This window is the first of it's kind in many ways. The increase in tv revenue etc means all clubs are spending money now - The teams we want to be challenging (United, Arsenal etc) are spending big whilst the clubs below us like Newcastle and all that are spending smaller but they are still spending for example14m for Borini?? It's make 20mil for Lukaku look the deal of the century and the more money these lower teams spend the higher the cost of average players becomes. We risk being left behind in a big way. Seeing so many other teams (not to mention the cash rich red shite) signing players so easily make this feel like the worst window ever - I'm hoping it gets better but with every week that goes by my optimism shrinks

This window is the first of it's kind in many ways. The increase in tv revenue etc means all clubs are spending money now - The teams we want to be challenging (United, Arsenal etc) are spending big whilst the clubs below us like Newcastle and all that are spending smaller but they are still spending for example14m for Borini?? It's make 20mil for Lukaku look the deal of the century and the more money these lower teams spend the higher the cost of average players becomes. We risk being left behind in a big way. Seeing so many other teams (not to mention the cash rich red shite) signing players so easily make this feel like the worst window ever - I'm hoping it gets better but with every week that goes by my optimism shrinks

Isn't this what is posted here every year?

A few rumours flying around that Torres might be off to Athletico. That makes things interesting. Can't see Chelsea operating with only one striker next year. Either way this transfer has many more twists and turns before it's resolved

Not really if Drogba is coming back for a season.

These 48 hours are stupid.

He's not going to come back off his jollys early to sign to Everton.

As far as I'm concered there is no point in even thinking about it until the start of next month. If there's one player we can afford to sign on the last day of the window its Lukaku.

These 48 hours are stupid.

He's not going to come back off his jollys early to sign to Everton.

As far as I'm concered there is no point in even thinking about it until the start of next month. If there's one player we can afford to sign on the last day of the window its Lukaku.

Disagree with that. If there's a signing that needs to be made in time for our opening game then it's our main striker, whoever that's going to be.

What the year we were in the Champions League playoffs and didn't strengthen?

What about last January when we had a realistic shot at the top 4?

I agree it's been a shite window so far but it's by no means the worse. Everyone always out spends us so I don't see it as a shock

Disagree with that. If there's a signing that needs to be made in time for our opening game then it's our main striker, whoever that's going to be.

Totally agree with this !! We need a new striker in way before we kick off against Leicester. Experience and the way things are panning out tells me we wont though!

Aye, I see what you mean, but I was on about the fact that he knows the way we play and will fit straight into the squad.

I'd love to sign him today if it was possible, although I won't panic if we sign him on deadline day.

I think us not signing new players early is all about cost wages etc it cost so much we leave it as late as possible and get what we get.

That wont make a difference. If he signs on a five year contract we'll pay him for that amount of time whether he signs now or next year. It wont save the club any money waiting until deadline day they'll have to pay him the lenggh of his contract regardless.