IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I don't see why Everton and Chelsea couldn't arrange an agreement, either one officially written into the transfer or a gentleman's agreement b/w Roberto and Jose, if that was something Chelsea really cared about. I seriously doubt that's the reason the transfer hasn't gone through.

:lol: yes I do so that goes down for the knobhead post of the month. What a wanker :(

You'd have got away with it if it hadn't been for that pesky dunc! Not even our Belgian's picked you up on it. I noticed it but thought you meant Belgish Guilders :unsure:.

You'd have got away with it if it hadn't been for that pesky dunc! Not even our Belgian's picked you up on it. I noticed it but thought you meant Belgish Guilders :unsure:.

I have no idea what possessed me to put the Dutch theme to it, I really don't. Alls I can do is hold my hands up and call myself an absolute wanker. I'm pretty sure I half remember typing it and being made up with myself chuckling at my own joke though which makes me an even bigger wanker now .

Everyone knows Anderlecht are from Turkey, right! ;)

I have no idea what possessed me to put the Dutch theme to it, I really don't. Alls I can do is hold my hands up and call myself an absolute wanker. I'm pretty sure I half remember typing it and being made up with myself chuckling at my own joke though which makes me an even bigger wanker now .

Everyone knows Anderlecht are from Turkey, right! ;)

Holding your hands up and taking the hit precludes you from the "absolute wanker" category :lol:; the people who really have a problem are those that can't laugh at themselves.

Had too many "senior moments" on here to count but the advantage of being the wrong side of fifty is that you can play the age card B).

Rom created incredible memories well never forget and enjoyed his time at Everton - but that doesnt mean anything between now and the end of the window.

Everything is in the air and you can imagine there are options on the table.

We will carry on working hard to assemble the strongest squad possible.

"We need to make the right decisions between now and the end of the window.

Quote from Martinez. The last paragraph in particular sounds to me like buying him could be a bit too rich for us and would break the bank hence we "have to make the right decisions"

I've never been convinced we would sign him to be honest and I'm totally convinced now after reading Martinez comments that we wont sign him. I think we've been trying to manoeuvre a loan deal all along. Just my opinion and hope I'm wrong like but I don't think I am.

I also think that vid on youtube he's misheard him and thought he's been talking about Besic, again just an opinion.

One final thing on this. It fucking irks the life out of me why every transfer we seem to do or want to do turns into a saga. It doesn't matter who it is or how it happens there is always a fucking saga to it. I guarantee if it was Liverpool, United, Chelsea etc this would have been done weeks ago. Our dealings in transfers are nothing short of a joke it's fucking pathetic it really is and it infuriates me. This saga has been running too long. Just put the fucking money up and sign him. Just do it!!!!!!

Rant ober

Holding your hands up and taking the hit precludes you from the "absolute wanker" category :lol:; the people who really have a problem are those that can't laugh at themselves.

Had too many "senior moments" on here to count but the advantage of being the wrong side of fifty is that you can play the age card B).

If you can't laugh at yourself then whats the point? You shouldn't laugh at others if you can't laugh at yourself either and when you've made a schoolboy error like I did what else can you do other than hold your hands up and call yourself the dickhead you have quite blatantly been !!

I don't react on every little mistake that's made on this forum about Belgium :P I'd be the grumpy naggy Belgian guy who talks about nothing but Belgium all the time and I need to build up some credit

I really dont think it is and I would be very surprised if it turns out that way. I would put money on an agreement between Everton and Lukaku's agent already being in place.

Really hope your right. I want him to buy into the club & become a legend here, not just come here because no one else wants him. I'll be glad when its done with either way though to be honest!

Still not panicking!

From that last echo article I read that we need 2 more players before the start of the season, 1 needs to be a number 9. Then more before the window closes.

We'll see who comes. Pretty exciting really, because you just know that someone is coming.

But another Lukaku loan? Not for me. I e season fair enough. More than that and it just feels wrong.

The bit I'm really interested in is when the Window closes, doing the sums on what we spent, what we should have had etc. Just to get a picture of how secure, or not, we are financially.

I can understand that to be honest. Rom already feels hard done to by Chelsea, he'll want every penny out of them.

I'm still happy to wait, not too long mind, but as long as we end up with him or someone as good I'll accept it no problem.

I'm sure it'll pick up at the start of August when all the players are back in training at Chelsea.

Just been reliably told that the hold up is that Lukaku is waiting to be told by Chelsea that he can leave. He doesn't want to ask to leave because then he doesn't get his contract paid up!

So much politics in football behind the scenes...players, managers, agents, owners, image rights, commercial rights, players rights, right to have rights right.

Crazy.

Just been reliably told that the hold up is that Lukaku is waiting to be told by Chelsea that he can leave. He doesn't want to ask to leave because then he doesn't get his contract paid up!

We should pay it up for him. He's got less than 2 years on his Chelsea contract and he's not on massive wages . Ring him tell him we believe in him and want him that much that we're buying his contract out and. We want him to be part of the fabric here.. Spend the money, go the extra yard for him, feed his ego, who's arsed about all that shite... Just go out and smash 20 plus a season for the next 4 seasons then we'll re assess the situation.

Lets be aggressive just for fucking once!!!!!

I don't react on every little mistake that's made on this forum about Belgium :P I'd be the grumpy naggy Belgian guy who talks about nothing but Belgium all the time and I need to build up some credit

I think your credit has filled up nicely and you are allowed to go Belgian on us now ;) (if it were up to me)

We should pay it up for him. He's got less than 2 years on his Chelsea contract and he's not on massive wages . Ring him tell him we believe in him and want him that much that we're buying his contract out and. We want him to be part of the fabric here.. Spend the money, go the extra yard for him, feed his ego, who's arsed about all that shite... Just go out and smash 20 plus a season for the next 4 seasons then we'll re assess the situation.

Lets be aggressive just for fucking once!!!!!

If he's got two years left on his contract and is on £50,000 a week (which he must be I'd have thought) that's an extra £5m+ on top of the transfer fee. We could get another player for that.

If he's got two years left on his contract and is on £50,000 a week (which he must be I'd have thought) that's an extra £5m+ on top of the transfer fee. We could get another player for that.

Yes we could but if we miss out on him can we get another striker who is as young as he is with a proven goal scoring record in the prem and with such a great sell on potential? Can we afford to let this go?

I was hoping Drogba going back would start the chain of events. That would have been far too straight forward though obviously.

he is not due back until tomorrow so I fully expect it all to kick off from then, pretty sure he will leave Chelsea but whether it is to join us I am not so sure. I hold some confidence he is going to join us as it seems the most logical place for him to come but you never know.

If the fee is £20m as banded around it is an absolute steal in perspective of some fees being paid for lesser (IMO) players. Look at the like of Deeney being quoted as £10m, McCormack £11m, Chambers £16m, Origi £10m, i could argue the majority of Liverpools buys are over-priced and that Lukaku would offer alot more value for money but that is for a different topic.

I really hope we do sign him and hopefully it would be before the end of this weekend so we can focus on other targets if he decides against joining us. I believe that now he is back at Cheslea tomorrow it will be decision time and Martinez will not hang around for him much longer as he knows we are desperate for a no 9.

he is not due back until tomorrow so I fully expect it all to kick off from then, pretty sure he will leave Chelsea but whether it is to join us I am not so sure. I hold some confidence he is going to join us as it seems the most logical place for him to come but you never know.

If the fee is £20m as banded around it is an absolute steal in perspective of some fees being paid for lesser (IMO) players. Look at the like of Deeney being quoted as £10m, McCormack £11m, Chambers £16m, Origi £10m, i could argue the majority of Liverpools buys are over-priced and that Lukaku would offer alot more value for money but that is for a different topic.

I really hope we do sign him and hopefully it would be before the end of this weekend so we can focus on other targets if he decides against joining us. I believe that now he is back at Cheslea tomorrow it will be decision time and Martinez will not hang around for him much longer as he knows we are desperate for a no 9.

Not even listening to you anymore after you woeful insight predictions that fell by the waist line.

I'm really not sure why this is taking so long...

Maybe I'm being too simplistic but there are 3 basic questions that need answering...

Do we have the cash?

Does the player want to join?

Are Chelsea happy for him to leave?

I think 1 & 3 are "yes" not so sure about 2.

He's hardly come out and said I really want to stay (quite the opposite). With that in mind, perhaps the complications have been about a dozen exit clauses in his contract.

If he doesn't want to play here then balls to him - we should look elsewhere.

Not even listening to you anymore after you woeful insight predictions that fell by the waist line.

I also said to take 'my predictions' with a pinch of salt as they could be bullshit and I was only passing on what I heard.

This is not a prediction, its a FACT he is due back with Chelsea tomorrow so that's why I reckon it will be more clear tomorrow. I AM NOT SAYING HE WILL SIGN WHATSOEVER.

I can only hold my hands up with the 'predictions' as they haven't worked out (majority). However I would never make anything up, i only pass on what I have been told and I always say it could be wrong. Don't listen to me, i don't really care but I wont stop posting stuff if i been told it is a possibility, hence the reasons it is in the rumour section without a source or link.