IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

To add a little perspective on things.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34345949

A bit of a nothing artifical IMO. Aguero has been excellent in the games I've seen him, Kane will get the goals, his work rate, intelligence of runs and link up play have all been as they were last season.

Chelsea have just been poor full stop.

Not really sure how this relates to lukaku, the criticisms of him haven't been lack of goals it's been the fact that he's played completely shite and doesn't appear to give a toss.

Every excuse thrown his way has been blown out the water, he's had a partner to do his dirty work, he's had through balls, he's had a summer off so goals aside I'm expecting him to show a bit of willing and a bit of quality.

In all honesty these one size fits all articles are bullshit, each case is different.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-boss-roberto-martinez-10139308

“Rom, as with any striker, goes through good moments in front of goal and tough moments,” said Blues boss Martinez. “But that doesn’t change the enormous role he has in our team and how important he is for us."

Roberto is absolutely clueless, does he not listen to Haf?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-boss-roberto-martinez-10139308

Rom, as with any striker, goes through good moments in front of goal and tough moments, said Blues boss Martinez. But that doesnt change the enormous role he has in our team and how important he is for us."

Roberto is absolutely clueless, does he not listen to Haf?

Yeah bit shocked there Dunc, I know how his honesty and criticism of poor performances last year were almost too candid for you, you were almost asking for him to be a bit more positive and to maybe bullshit a bit more.

This actually a shortened version of the interview, the real one was:-

"Romelu is a phenomenal talent, he's knicknamed "Velcro" at finch farm as the ball just sticks to him.

we have been asking him to stop running so much in games, after the Reading game their ground staff actually asked for his boots so they could bang them together and re-lay the turf - he covered every inch.

Only last week he stayed behind training to show Duncan Ferguson how to jump and attack aerial balls.

In the summer Fillipo Inzhagi came over to spend some time with Rom, he wanted to get a real understanding of "beating offside traps... I can't talk any longer I'm off to welcome Roberto Carlos, he is spending time with Tony Hibbert to get the foreword for his book "the art of the goalscoring fullback"

Edited by Hafnia

Yeah bit shocked there Dunc, I know how his honesty and criticism of poor performances last year were almost too candid for you, you were almost asking for him to be a bit more positive and to maybe bullshit a bit more.

This actually a shortened version of the interview, the real one was:-

"Romelu is a phenomenal talent, he's knicknamed "Velcro" at finch farm as the ball just sticks to him.

we have been asking him to stop running so much in games, after the Reading game their ground staff actually asked for his boots so they could bang them together and re-lay the turf - he covered every inch.

Only last week he stayed behind training to show Duncan Ferguson how to jump and attack aerial balls.

In the summer Fillipo Inzhagi came over to spend some time with Rom, he wanted to get a real understanding of "beating offside traps... I can't talk any longer I'm off to welcome Roberto Carlos, he is spending time with Tony Hibbert to get the foreword for his book "the art of the goalscoring fullback"

What the fuck are you rambling on about now?

I think you need to step away from the glue now and go and have a very long sleep

What the fuck are you rambling on about now?

I think you need to step away from the glue now and go and have a very long sleep

In short dunc, you are happy to slate Martinez for being bullshitty and overly positive when it suits you. But when he's all bullshitty and positive about Rom it's a genuine "Martinez is talking good honesty stuff..."

How many ways do you want it?!

and every stat ignored....

Well he's 6 goals in the last 28 games, which is approaching 1 in 5.

Last prem league goal at goodison in open play was in January.

I'm sure you will want to bring Europa league (where he actually looked interested - probably playing for a move) into this. Or his loan season - where he was trying to prove something.

You see I'm not really too bothered about stats in terms of how they make the player appear to play - I tend to view the performance first.

They can firm up an opinion or contradict it. When Pienaar was at his peak his assists were nothing to look at nor were his goals, in football wow statistics he appeared to be a lower level performer. Not once did I bother looking into these stats, to me he was a key player and that was that.

Lukaku scored 2 goals against Barnsley - possibly one of the worst performances by a striker in a blue shirt. Yet last season he drew a blank against Man City and it was possibly one of his best performances in a game were he destroyed Mangala.

So yes, I'm not too arsed about stats especially when it comes to him.

Personally I'm made up that a crucial time is here in Roms career. More and more fans have woken up to his deception, and it really is that. It was oh so convenient to blame the formation, the style of play, no through balls etc last year. This season he has had no excuse.

As Rom has seen, our fans love a goalscorer but they also loath someone who doesn't play for the shirt. He will soon truly understand how important it is to put a shift in. Personally I'm sick and tired of seeing which side of the bed he has got out of based on his body language, desire to jump for a header or get back onside.

We may get the player he promises to be but it's gonna take some hard work getting the penny to drop. At the moment I still think that in his mind he's somehow doing us a favour till a Champions league side buys him.

His deception?! Jesus Christ....

Oh, and just again, everyone goes on performances. Stats compliment an argument. Just depends what your argument is; support a developing player or vilify him because he cost a lot of money.

I'm sure flatters to deceive is something that has already been said about him

Matt I'll leave it at this, if in the games other than Southampton he actually put performances and effort in I would probably be looking at getting vaulted.

The reality is far far different. If he had a Mohawk and wore a t shirt saying "why always me" he could easily be mistaken for another divisive player with lets say a suspect temperament.

I look forward to a much improved performance at the Hawthorns if selected. Till then he has let down your continued strong loyalty and support. I'm just glad you weren't one of the 4500 at Reading that he chose to ignore at the end of the game when he just walked off. Pretty poor form all round.

I don't feel let down because I accept that he isn't perfect. He has been average/poor most of the season and should've had 2 at Swansea. I'll still defend him though, because he's our player and still our best goalscorer.

Every striker goes through tough patches, and this one is longer than anyone would want. But he will still come good, I'm certain of it.

Edited by Matt

Well he's 6 goals in the last 28 games, which is approaching 1 in 5.

Last prem league goal at goodison in open play was in January.

I'm sure you will want to bring Europa league (where he actually looked interested - probably playing for a move) into this. Or his loan season - where he was trying to prove something.

You see I'm not really too bothered about stats in terms of how they make the player appear to play - I tend to view the performance first.

They can firm up an opinion or contradict it. When Pienaar was at his peak his assists were nothing to look at nor were his goals, in football wow statistics he appeared to be a lower level performer. Not once did I bother looking into these stats, to me he was a key player and that was that.

Lukaku scored 2 goals against Barnsley - possibly one of the worst performances by a striker in a blue shirt. Yet last season he drew a blank against Man City and it was possibly one of his best performances in a game were he destroyed Mangala.

So yes, I'm not too arsed about stats especially when it comes to him.

Personally I'm made up that a crucial time is here in Roms career. More and more fans have woken up to his deception, and it really is that. It was oh so convenient to blame the formation, the style of play, no through balls etc last year. This season he has had no excuse.

As Rom has seen, our fans love a goalscorer but they also loath someone who doesn't play for the shirt. He will soon truly understand how important it is to put a shift in. Personally I'm sick and tired of seeing which side of the bed he has got out of based on his body language, desire to jump for a header or get back onside.

We may get the player he promises to be but it's gonna take some hard work getting the penny to drop. At the moment I still think that in his mind he's somehow doing us a favour till a Champions league side buys him.

You really do talk shite at times

Granted he was poor in the first half, as was the entire Everton team, but he had a very good second half and if you honestly think that was one of the worst performances of a striker in a blue shirt then there really isn't any hope for you

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

The only reason his performance had any semblance of anything at all was because Gerry and Ross put two on a plate for him. Other than that it was a disgrace of an effort against sub standard defenders.

Really it's a microcosm of Rom, goals buffer criticism. If you don't look at a player being responsible for keeping his opponents occupied then it's you who talks shite.

I could use the Reading performance but I only captured 15 minutes of the repeat lack of interest performance.

Everton fans have a reputation for being demanding of players who fight for the shirt. Not in this lads case.

I look forward to him putting it right vs west brom.... As per my previous 5 or 6 comments for Rom before games after Southampton.

The only reason his performance had any semblance of anything at all was because Gerry and Ross put two on a plate for him. Other than that it was a disgrace of an effort against sub standard defenders.

Really it's a microcosm of Rom, goals buffer criticism. If you don't look at a player being responsible for keeping his opponents occupied then it's you who talks shite.

I could use the Reading performance but I only captured 15 minutes of the repeat lack of interest performance.

Everton fans have a reputation for being demanding of players who fight for the shirt. Not in this lads case.

I look forward to him putting it right vs west brom.... As per my previous 5 or 6 comments for Rom before games after Southampton.

Ha ha Now your saying he only scored because he had the service!! Guess what , that's his job

Stop talking complete and utter nonsense, while Lukaku was making "one of the worst performances by a striker in a blue shirt" he managed to equal Kone's goal tally for the whole of his Everton career

Ha ha Now your saying he only scored because he had the service!! Guess what , that's his job

Stop talking complete and utter nonsense, while Lukaku was making "one of the worst performances by a striker in a blue shirt" he managed to equal Kone's goal tally for the whole of his Everton career

Tune in next week when Duncan explains why Alex Nyarko was a top class player that we just needed to get players to give him the ball, it wasn't his job to try and tackle.

Can't believe there are 140 pages of the same old on this thread. Rom certainly divides opinion. I was at the beginning really hopeful........ now I'm just over it all. He's. got å lot of baggage to shift to ever be close to being worth half of what we paid for him. The money isn't his fault but the lack of interest IS.

I love thos thread :-)

Still sit somewhere in the middle for me.

But it is important to remember his age...not an excuse but a reason.

He's pretty much the same age as Ross, and Ross is still learning and developing.

I agree with Haf that his touch is as close to its best as it will get.

But then I also think hos work rate CAN be improved and will. I also think his decision making can get better.

And the biggest improvement he will ever make will be his hunger to be the best.

It's all in his hands.

I love thos thread :-)

Still sit somewhere in the middle for me.

But it is important to remember his age...not an excuse but a reason.

He's pretty much the same age as Ross, and Ross is still learning and developing.

I agree with Haf that his touch is as close to its best as it will get.

But then I also think hos work rate CAN be improved and will. I also think his decision making can get better.

And the biggest improvement he will ever make will be his hunger to be the best.

It's all in his hands.

What people are missing is the worrying pattern we are seeing over and over again.

Game 1:- Bad game - excuses

Game 2:- Bad game - more excuses

Game 3:- Bad game - he gets subbed or hears discontent and has his quality questioned

Game 4:- Puts in a shift and has a great game, shows willing, strength and everything you expect from him - post match interviews explaining why he was poor in previous games and how he now knows how to be one of the best etc etc

Game 5:- Bad game - seems to have lost that motivation that got him where he was the previous game

Rinse and repeat. Throw in the odd goal in the poor games and he distracts from what is eessnetially a player who struggles to get up for a game. This is without looking at his control, aerial ability etc - just generally his overall "effort".

I am very interested to see what Rom turns up tonight. I actually think this will be his "WATCH WHAT I CAN DO" game. I am more interested to see how if possible he can carry it on. We have seen what he can do - but we haven't seen him do it for a period of games.

I am very interested to see what Rom turns up tonight. I actually think this will be his "WATCH WHAT I CAN DO" game. I am more interested to see how if possible he can carry it on. We have seen what he can do - but we haven't seen him do it for a period of games.

I'm more 'interested' in the result.

Hoping Everton win, the team plays well, no one get's injured.........if that happens and Lukaku hasn't been a world beater, not bothered !

I can't say I'll be watching Lukaku any more than any other player, leave that to you.

Good luck Everton........Good luck Rom !

I'm more 'interested' in the result.

Hoping Everton win, the team plays well, no one get's injured.........if that happens and Lukaku hasn't been a world beater, not bothered !

I can't say I'll be watching Lukaku any more than any other player, leave that to you.

Good luck Everton........Good luck Rom !

Can't see where I said I was more interested in Rom than Everton or the result...

Can't see where I said i'll be watching Rom more than any other player...

thats pretty much because I didn't.

Other than that Good Luck Everton - i'm sure if every player gives 100% we will not rely on luck.

Maybe because its the Rom thread its why its about Rom - blimey we are actually talking about Rom in the Rom thread....

Can't see where I said I was more interested in Rom than Everton or the result...

Can't see where I said i'll be watching Rom more than any other player...

thats pretty much because I didn't.

Other than that Good Luck Everton - i'm sure if every player gives 100% we will not rely on luck.

Maybe because its the Rom thread its why its about Rom - blimey we are actually talking about Rom in the Rom thread....

:rofl: