IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

For me the bog deal is, even though o know he will move on.....I just don't like anyone coming out and saying in public that we're just a stepping stone club.

I have a deep devotion for our club and find it hard when players slap us with back handed comments.

I have to actually pay to watch Everton. A little professionalism wouldn't hurt.

I think what happens is they inject Lukaku with a truth serum before interviewing him.

All other players seem to be able to dance around such questions and reply with something like.... "I'm contracted to Everton a massive club with one of the best young managers in the game."

Aguero seems to have the same problem... said he wants to play for Guardiola in a recent interview. Wonder how much abuse he'll get from Man City fans for this comment.

Little I suspect.

"Honey, I love you SO much, I really do - you give meaning to my life, you're my best friend, my lover, my everything.....I don't know how I would exist without you. Oh, by the way, in four years I hope we can get a divorce so i can marry a super-hot Norwegian blonde babe with huge cans and a perfectly tight ass. So is dinner almost ready?"

Aguero seems to have the same problem... said he wants to play for Guardiola in a recent interview. Wonder how much abuse he'll get from Man City fans for this comment.

Little I suspect.

No I think the city fans are delighted.... The basis of the interview was regarding the rumours that Pep is coming to Man City at the end of the season.

He could've easily said "we have a great manager in Pellegrini."

Just like what you expect Lukaku to say when asked about other managers.

He did.

"I would like to be coached by him in the future because he is a great coach, but today Im so happy with Manuel Pellegrini.

It has been talked about a lot. I dont know him, but hes a great manager and its wonderful to have the best managers train you. Im very good with Manuel Pellegrini, we talk a lot. Im happy in the team and with him, but the club will be the one who chooses who comes in."

Edited by Hafnia

No I think the city fans are delighted.... The basis of the interview was regarding the rumours that Pep is coming to Man City at the end of the season.

I expect Pep will be Man City's next manager but as said Aguero's still talking about another manager he'd like to play for and not 'focusing on his current responsibilities'. Loads do it, not just Lukaku. It's a non-story which you seem to revel in at every opportunity. As also said, it's all getting a bit boring so please change the record.

I expect Pep will be Man City's next manager but as said Aguero's still talking about another manager he'd like to play for and not 'focusing on his current responsibilities'. Loads do it, not just Lukaku. It's a non-story which you seem to revel in at every opportunity. As also said, it's all getting a bit boring so please change the record.

What's getting boring? Talking about aguero aren't we and dispelling the fact he is talking about himself asking for a move? Which I've done.

Then the comment was "why couldnt he say he was happy with pellegrini" - which he did.

I think the source of irritation is the fact my point stands. Maybe if Lukaku stops talking about playing for other clubs we wouldnt have the boring debate.

Back to lukaku....

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/470085/Exclusive-Louis-Saha-Man-United-Anthony-Martial-better-Romelu-Lukaku

The fact is you'll pick up on anything Lukaku says and play it against him yet another player does the same thing, which it is essentially, and you'll excuse him. I don't actually think it matters that Aguero's talking about his admiration for other managers just as it doesn't with Lukaku. If asked about Martinez, I'm sure he'd speak glowingly.

Martial costs twice as much as Lukaku, so technically, he should be twice the player.

SO is Martial the benchmark?

I agree with Saha's comments though, Lukaku does have to work harder but his positive attributes are being mentioned in the same sentences. Which is refreshing.

The fact is you'll pick up on anything Lukaku says and play it against him yet another player does the same thing, which it is essentially, and you'll excuse him. I don't actually think it matters that Aguero's talking about his admiration for other managers just as it doesn't with Lukaku. If asked about Martinez, I'm sure he'd speak glowingly.

Lukaku is talking about playing for other clubs whilst contracted to Everton.

Aguero is talking about a prospective manager who was being lined up as Pellegrini's successor even when Manuel signed his 2 year extension - which has been pretty transparent from the off. Pep is out of contract in the sumer and city have had him as their long term target for some time - Pelegrini is undoutably aware of this - that is why he had a 2 year extension.

I don't have to excuse Aguero - he plays for Man City, I do not care for Man City. Non the less he has clearly stated that he has no influence on the managerial future of his club - and he has at least attempted to be diplomatic in the process.

If Lukaku does good things - I will clearly state them as per Derby performance. If he continues to talk about moving on whilst earning £75k a week not even half way into his desal then he is out of order.

Martial costs twice as much as Lukaku, so technically, he should be twice the player.

SO is Martial the benchmark?

I agree with Saha's comments though, Lukaku does have to work harder but his positive attributes are being mentioned in the same sentences. Which is refreshing.

Lukaku cost 4 times as much as Kone... so yeah fee isn't relative. Its fair to say £28m and £36m are pretty much ball park figures considering the inflation in fees over the past 2 years.

I agree with Saha - his opinion matches mine. Lukaku can only be the player people think he is if he puts in his effort. It is pretty clear that he has games where he isn't really up for it - people have excused them on lack of service. Well lets just say he didnt get service against Liverpool but his effort made him unstoppable.

Early days for Martial - I actually think he will be very very good but he will no doubt have his lull. Very very fast and very skillful, looks to be pretty composed so lets see - comes from the same area as Henry, seems to have similar traits.

Lukaku cost 4 times as much as Kone... so yeah fee isn't relative. Its fair to say £28m and £36m are pretty much ball park figures considering the inflation in fees over the past 2 years.

£57.6m - Twice the price. (If my maths are any good)

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2594161/anthony-martial-could-cost-man-united-57-6-million-monaco

And not relative!? That's what you base MOST of your arguments on, his price. You even mention it regarding Kone. So for you and your argument it is VERY relevant.

£57.6m - Twice the price. (If my maths are any good)

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2594161/anthony-martial-could-cost-man-united-57-6-million-monaco

And not relative!? That's what you base MOST of your arguments on, his price. You even mention it regarding Kone. So for you and your argument it is VERY relevant.

My argument on price is a simple as this - you expect a £20m plus player to

1. Put in some concerted effort - actually forget price, you expect this from any professional

2. Have a good technical aptitude

If 1 or both are not evident it kinda sets alarm bells ringing.

Because Naismith cost nothing did that mean he was exempt from any criticism? Criticism certainly wasn't pro rated for £1.5m aiden mcgeady....

As for Saha - it takes one to know one. By that I mean he has spotted Lukakus "lazy" streak. The difference between them is that

Saha had exceptional natural footballing talent - possibly the most talented striker I have seen at Everton, certainly top 3.

As for Saha - it takes one to know one. By that I mean he has spotted Lukakus "lazy" streak. The difference between them is that

Saha had exceptional natural footballing talent - possibly the most talented striker I have seen at Everton, certainly top 3.

When he wanted to be. This was before his revised contract. Afterward, he was lazy and uninterested.

I think it was he was asked to play in a way that didn't match his style, personally. Just like every striker we've had in the last 15 years.

If I remember right he was trying to occupy the Cahill space and it just didnt work - and yes he didnt put himself around enough for my liking either.

Actually had a physical battle with Smalling, glad to see him finally use his body and strength as we know he can. Unfortunately it was a day where Smalling done well to deal with him.

Smalling man-handled him at every opportunity and got complete protection from the ref in my opinion

It's sad there are many messages here when he has a bad game and virtually none when he's voted, almost unanimously, Everton's MotM against United.

steve devils advocate here. after each match we don't go into every players thread and comment, we just comment Very bad or very good players. Rom had an ok game, everyone was terrible except him, hardly a reason to come and praise him. MOTM in that match is like winning the hunger games, sure you won and are alive but slaughtered 11 other people to get there.

i love rom and big up him plenty as do others.

steve devils advocate here. after each match we don't go into every players thread and comment, we just comment Very bad or very good players. Rom had an ok game, everyone was terrible except him, hardly a reason to come and praise him. MOTM in that match is like winning the hunger games, sure you won and are alive but slaughtered 11 other people to get there.

i love rom and big up him plenty as do others.

Can we do that v Arse or would the FA have issues?

I'm sure I would have had something to say but as stated elsewhere I was on a golf weekend and never got to see any football.

But hey! it seems like he did the bare essentials of what a striker with his build should be doing - not sure that is worthy of praise - its merely highlighting the fact that we are not used to seeing that from him "which is the problem".

As said on the match day thread - that is 2 games in a row where he has put himself about. Long may that be the standard, just in the way it is standard to see Seamus energetic on the flank or Stones dominant in the air.

It's sad there are many messages here when he has a bad game and virtually none when he's voted, almost unanimously, Everton's MotM against United.

He wasn't voted MoM for being great though...justice best of a very poor bunch. His performance wasn't good enough to deserve a thread of praise really was it.