IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

That was an incredible instinctive ball....absolute brilliance.

I was right behind it as it was played into the box. I was blown away by it.

I've just read that in 11 appearances this season he has directly contributed to 10 goals. And still some doubt his quality and contribution to our play. Madness!

Edited by Romey 1878

I don't know about anyone else but since the 1st half of the West Brom game I think his all round play has been brilliant. His touch looks much, much better and he links well with the midfield. He's winning more headers and using his strength and when given a chance he will put it away. To top it off that assist for Kone was unbelievable. Great vision and quality to able to do that. Excellent. Really impressed with him of late.

I've just read that in 11 appearances this season he has directly contributed to 10 goals. And still some doubt his quality and contribution to our play. Madness!

I believe consistency and effort to be the main issue.

Was a fantastic ball. It's churlish to say he could or should have crossed right footed, the end of the day he is very one footed as are alot of players.

What a delivery though

Does that include Coates own goal that was pinched off his head?

Edited by pete0

Was a fantastic ball. It's churlish to say he could or should have crossed right footed, the end of the day he is very one footed as are alot of players.

What a delivery though

Come on, Haf, you've said many, many times that if Lukaku doesn't score then he doesn't contribute. But that's simply not true at all.

Does that include Coates own goal that was pinched off his head?

I'm not sure tbh, Pete, but I wouldn't have thought so.

Come on, Haf, you've said many, many times that if Lukaku doesn't score then he doesn't contribute. But that's simply not true at all.

I'm not sure tbh, Pete, but I wouldn't have thought so.

I think it has been a very valid point.

Prior to the Liverpool game his effort levels were shit. I don't think he is a great footballer but today and in previous games he has proved what he can do when he puts his mind into it.

what a delivery though

could be said of most of our players, but this season he has gone from strength to strength regarding those two points plus he is scorin and assisting more than ever.

Excellent today again. I feel a vaulting coming ;):P

I think it was a perfect centre forward performance from him today and he made a mockery of the theory that he can't play with his back to goal

Amen to that. He was great with his back to goal. Lay offs, one touch passes, headed flick ons - the lot. The assist shows he's more than just a goalscorer as well. Granted we've seen weak performances as well but he's still young and learning his trade. He's showed rapid improvements last few weeks in my opinion. Great player and just to get it in there - frightening that he's only 22 :) Edited by Geth

I don't know about anyone else but since the 1st half of the West Brom game I think his all round play has been brilliant. His touch looks much, much better and he links well with the midfield. He's winning more headers and using his strength and when given a chance he will put it away. To top it off that assist for Kone was unbelievable. Great vision and quality to able to do that. Excellent. Really impressed with him of late.

Agreed 100%

Amen to that. He was great with his back to goal. Lay offs, one touch passes, headed flick ons - the lot. The assist shows he's more than just a goalscorer as well. Granted we've seen weak performances as well but he's still young and learning his trade. He's showed rapid improvements last few weeks in my opinion. Great player and just to get it in there - frightening that he's only 22 :)

Spot on, this is why there will be huge money offered for the lad.Breaks my heart that we will probably never see the best of him here at Everton.

The type of player he is, he was always going to take time to learn his trade.Sure the odd ball bounced off his shin, yep he didn't chase every lost cause in a usless system that we were playing, he didn't win every header...what was the point there was no one to flick it onto without a strike partner.

The phrase 'unplayable' will probably fit in a short time, thoguh he needs the correct service and the right tactics deployed.

Get a winger sorted out, the right strike partner and Barkley running onto his lay offs and flicks and we could cause mayhem......trouble is we need to keep them out at the other end.

Let's not get too excited about the Sunderland game, we nearlly got embarrased by them early on, BUT Lukaku does look the beast we know he is, if Kone can keep fit, going forward suddenly looks pretty good.

Edited by Blue 250

I thought it was only goals that mattered?

Seriously though he has got a lot better at things that he was abysmal at. I'd like to see Liverpool esque efforts week in week out but he is moving in the right direction.

Complete? No, not yet. He has some way to go yet. But he is contributing so much more to the team.