IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

If we had a prime Beardsley now we would be in top 4 - what a player he was, he was the perfect strike partner. We never even had a good side when he was playing for us, the amount of times his shimmy sold a player was a joke, they knew he was gonna do it but nothing they could do about it.

One of the best defenders to play for us.

Great player.

If we had a prime Beardsley now we would be in top 4 - what a player he was, he was the perfect strike partner. We never even had a good side when he was playing for us, the amount of times his shimmy sold a player was a joke, they knew he was gonna do it but nothing they could do about it.

Missed out on him, was only a toddler during his time. Heard good things even from the Kopites, find it a bit strange how many clubs he floated around.

amended for you mate!

He actually was signed by Man United but never played. He was the reason Andy Cole scored so many for newcastle - and Lineker so many for England.

Haha thanks.

I meant it though.

Beardsley was one of the hardest working forwards I have watched.

He was the first line of defence and never have our opposition defence a break.

Nice, and what most of us have said all along !

Yep, really looking forward to the Alan Hansen articles about John Stones with words like Rolls Royce and composed to fulfill my dose of clichés.

In all seriousness has anyone ever thought that if Drogba was black then Rom wouldn't be compared to him? I'll be honest, the most like for like comparison I'd make for drogba is ibrahimovic.

Yep, really looking forward to the Alan Hansen articles about John Stones with words like Rolls Royce and composed to fulfill my dose of clichés.

In all seriousness has anyone ever thought that if Drogba was black then Rom wouldn't be compared to him? I'll be honest, the most like for like comparison I'd make for drogba is ibrahimovic.

He must have just come back off holiday the last time I saw him

Look, Drogba isn't white, Ibrahimovic isn't like Drogba and Rom isn't rubbish..............just stop it with the pork pies !

MMmmm, just think, we could have typed ' Oops ' after every Lukaku goal !

I don't think anyone cares who Drogba plays like, we just like the way ' Lukaku' is turning out.The mans class, I think we knew all along, didn't we :yay:

I would celebrate even you scoring a goal if you were wearing an Everton shirt.

You "hoped" all along... I just hope he holds his 'focus'

I would celebrate even you scoring a goal if you were wearing an Everton shirt.

You "hoped" all along... I just hope he holds his 'focus'

You need to check out Romey's link above !

Seems a lot of people who know far more about football than you, had way more ' faith' than as you put it 'hope' concerning Lukaku's ability !

For you to state 'he' (Rom) needs to hold his 'focus' is an insult to the man (mind , you've never been short of those).......What about the 'focus, from his team mates that can enharnce or diminish Lukaku's threat.What about Martinez's 'focus', how he (Martinez) sets out the team and tactics will will have an impact on Lukaku.

If the defence plays shit in front of Howard, you don't hang the goalkeeper.

The manager and every memeber of the squad need to keep their 'focus', they will as all humans do slip up now and again, and as mentioned above in a previous post, then the rest must step it up a bit to help them out.

You were wrong about Lukaku, simple as that ! He's had the ability for years, it was there for all to see, that's why so many people/clubs wanted him.

It was never 'Hope' it was 'FAITH' B)

You need to check out Romey's link above !

Seems a lot of people who know far more about football than you, had way more ' faith' than as you put it 'hope' concerning Lukaku's ability !

For you to state 'he' (Rom) needs to hold his 'focus' is an insult to the man (mind , you've never been short of those).......What about the 'focus, from his team mates that can enharnce or diminish Lukaku's threat.What about Martinez's 'focus', how he (Martinez) sets out the team and tactics will will have an impact on Lukaku.

If the defence plays shit in front of Howard, you don't hang the goalkeeper.

The manager and every memeber of the squad need to keep their 'focus', they will as all humans do slip up now and again, and as mentioned above in a previous post, then the rest must step it up a bit to help them out.

You were wrong about Lukaku, simple as that ! He's had the ability for years, it was there for all to see, that's why so many people/clubs wanted him.

It was never 'Hope' it was 'FAITH' B)

What did you make of the game??? Quite the recreational poster aren't you. Watch some footy and get an informed opinion.

What did you make of the game??? Quite the recreational poster aren't you. Watch some footy and get an informed opinion.

I probabably go to more Everton games than you, I certainly watch most of the other Everton games on streams, I've played enough games at center forward and scored way more goals than you could ever dream of Billy!

You've just got a hard on because Lukaku missed a couple of goals yesterday.

'recreational poster',.........you might post a lot, but most of it is bullsbut.

Keep telling every one that Kone is better than Lukaku, maybe someone will come in with a £50million bid for him :rofl:

Oh, what did I make of the game, what do you think I made of it Billy, pissed of we didn't get three points.

Well there you have it, his agent is busy at work. Italian press eh.... he's from Italy and has been heavily involved in the Italian market, he is agent for pogba.

I'm OK with it depending on how much and who we get.lets face it, this agent wants his cut of a lukaku move, lukaku went with him after his Everton transfer.

I don't want him playing against us, better be a bloody big deal too.

I don't think he'd want to play against stones. It would be a big deal and that's why I'd take it.

If we could get vardy for 30m less then I'd do it. His pace is electric and he has worked so hard on the mental side, his movement is very good. He doesn't have Roms presence but blimey he's a nightmare for defenders.

I don't think he'd want to play against stones. It would be a big deal and that's why I'd take it.

If we could get vardy for 30m less then I'd do it. His pace is electric and he has worked so hard on the mental side, his movement is very good. He doesn't have Roms presence but blimey he's a nightmare for defenders.

Not likely that he would, not likely John will be with us.

They want to pay 120m for the both, I'd be tempted and I am not joking about the price.

Vardy is in his first season. He's been excellent, but he was also a relative unknown. I wonder if he will be as prolific next season. Theres also no way we'd get him for 30m considering they'll know how much we get from the Rom sale.

Edited by Matt

Not likely that he would, not likely John will be with us.

They want to pay 120m for the both, I'd be tempted and I am not joking about the price.

Vardy is in his first season. He's been excellent, but he was also a relative unknown. I wonder if he will be as prolific next season. Theres also no way we'd get him for 30m considering they'll know how much we get from the Rom sale.

Vardy is out of contract after next season so his fee will be reduced.

I think his pace and work rate will always get him chances. He works so bloody hard, he's a credit. Defenders have said they hate playing against him as he's always on the go.

Vardy is out of contract after next season so his fee will be reduced.

I think his pace and work rate will always get him chances. He works so bloody hard, he's a credit. Defenders have said they hate playing against him as he's always on the go.

I doubt that, if they get Europe, they'll not be offering him a stupid money contract to stick around. He seems very happy there and not looking to make waves.

I doubt that, if they get Europe, they'll not be offering him a stupid money contract to stick around. He seems very happy there and not looking to make waves.

No. I don't see that at all. The lad has worked his way up. Leicester have even stated they will not stand in his way if he wants to leave.

Leicesters pay structure would get destroyed in order to keep him. They can't take that risk.

No. I don't see that at all. The lad has worked his way up. Leicester have even stated they will not stand in his way if he wants to leave.

Leicesters pay structure would get destroyed in order to keep him. They can't take that risk.

Guess we'll see. If all that is correct, 30m for a player in his last season of a contract after proving himself for 1 season at the highest level is still steep for me.

For me if we decide to sell rom and stones it can't be in the premiership unless like Matt said its 120m or more. I would rather sell abroad to barca and Wolfsburg or Dortmund or whomever and never have to play them.

Plus what is 120m when every club knows you have 120m and will be asking for top drawer for each pkayer. We'll be overpaying on every one.