IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

In Bold - Valid points though. Realistically, Everton couldn't tempt Kane away from Tottenham. Rhodes, Giroud and Verdy are all potentials/possibles, so they're good options

I'd certainly agree with number 3, think we missed out on him pre-Newcastle.

For me:

1. Embolo - is looking like Lukaku. Big step up though. Has the main attributes needed for a striker in the prem.

2. Timo Werner - Looks a top top prospect. Fallen out with Stuggart's hierarchy. Easily succeed in our league.

3. Berardi - Italian sensation. Moved to Sassoulu (instead of Juve) very unexpectedly, sees playing time as the primary motivator. Which means he's a smart kid. Real talent.

I'm interested in your thought process, regarding strikers.

My thought process regarding them is that one key attribute is that they make the defenders look at each other and say

"keep an eye on him" - not because of reputation or size or anything, its like the first round of a boxing match and the opponent feels their jab and all of a sudden their heart sinks. The scoring part is predicatable, its the bits where as a fan you think "oh no, not him there"

It could be something as simple such as a robust shoulder challenge, a leaping header, a 1-2 with a player that sees them speed past them. The majority of it is heart and desire. There are some players who you see that make the defenders look scared - Rom has done it, when he is up for it he can - just doesnt do it enough for me.

Players in the past who I seen do it on a "regular basis" -

Ian Wright - an absolute nightmare, like a rash, movement was unbeleiavable and he would not stop

Henry - say no more, his pace and ability made defenders feel stupid

Big Dunc - made some centre halves look like 12 year olds

Torres at Liverpool - lethal

Aguero - possibly the strongest and quickest and most lethal i've seen as a small striker

Rooney - at his best he was scary

I think Martial at united will be the next big thing - a player with pace and power who has skill....

My thought process regarding them is that one key attribute is that they make the defenders look at each other and say

"keep an eye on him" - not because of reputation or size or anything, its like the first round of a boxing match and the opponent feels their jab and all of a sudden their heart sinks. The scoring part is predicatable, its the bits where as a fan you think "oh no, not him there"

It could be something as simple such as a robust shoulder challenge, a leaping header, a 1-2 with a player that sees them speed past them. The majority of it is heart and desire. There are some players who you see that make the defenders look scared - Rom has done it, when he is up for it he can - just doesnt do it enough for me.

Players in the past who I seen do it on a "regular basis" -

Ian Wright - an absolute nightmare, like a rash, movement was unbeleiavable and he would not stop

Henry - say no more, his pace and ability made defenders feel stupid

Big Dunc - made some centre halves look like 12 year olds

Torres at Liverpool - lethal

Aguero - possibly the strongest and quickest and most lethal i've seen as a small striker

Rooney - at his best he was scary

I think Martial at united will be the next big thing - a player with pace and power who has skill....

In Bold - Then we'll have to take Giroud and Rhodes off your list :lol:

I get what you're saying, just interested in your thoughts of those around at present, whether you see other attributes in a goalscorer than I or anyone else. We all see different things and sometimes, no matter how good the player in one league, it just doesn't happen for them in another (relates to club as well). Firmino is a great example of that - Unbelievably talented player, currently wasted and not playing well at 'poo.

I do think top, top strikers (who can play the lone role) are becoming rarer and rarer, those who are out there are either already at the top clubs or soon will be.

For me, I struggle to identify too many players who have 'everything' as I believe today's game doesn't revolve around all-rounders; but more unique, crafted individuals, smelted to fit a 'system'.

In Bold - Then we'll have to take Giroud and Rhodes off your list :lol:

I get what you're saying, just interested in your thoughts of those around at present, whether you see other attributes in a goalscorer than I or anyone else. We all see different things and sometimes, no matter how good the player in one league, it just doesn't happen for them in another (relates to club as well). Firmino is a great example of that - Unbelievably talented player, currently wasted and not playing well at 'poo.

I do think top, top strikers (who can play the lone role) are becoming rarer and rarer, those who are out there are either already at the top clubs or soon will be.

For me, I struggle to identify too many players who have 'everything' as I believe today's game doesn't revolve around all-rounders; but more unique, crafted individuals, smelted to fit a 'system'.

Giroud petrifies me every time a ball is crossed to him - an expert at converting from the near post with his feet. In the air he is very very good.

Rhodes is pretty much a gamble - could be a good signing.

Guest Howard's way

why has the Lukaku thread become the Hafnia thread.... i'm not sure about everyone else but i for one am fed up with your continuous moaning about lukaku and your vast????? knowledge of football in general.

why is it, whenever i read your posts, i see a fifty year old male with a full evrrton kit on with shin pads and footy boots, sitting at a computer waiting to take his ten year old to football whereby you are the manager of.

Edited by Howard's way

why has the Lukaku thread become the Hafnia thread.... i'm not sure about everyone else but i for one am fed up with your continuous moaning about lukaku and your vast????? knowledge of football in general.

why is it, whenever i read your posts, i see a fifty year old male with a full evrrton kit on with shin pads and footy boots, sitting at a computer waiting to take his ten year old to football whereby you are the manager of.

You seem to have had some sort of green light to get shirty with me as if I'm going to take some shit off you.

You know fuck all about me and more to the point feel that you can try and fan some flames because a wum on the site tried to influence you. A bit predictable.

I'd wait some time before you start trying to cross examine people on here. I've got a fairly good relationship with the vast majority on here which hasn't been built up of a few posts trying to find some way of fitting in by picking 'who to have a go at'.

Not that I felt compelled to respond at the time but your first post in the kenwright thread screamed "dickhead". Haven't seen much to disagree with that.

You seem to have had some sort of green light to get shirty with me as if I'm going to take some shit off you.

You know fuck all about me and more to the point feel that you can try and fan some flames because a wum on the site tried to influence you. A bit predictable.

I'd wait some time before you start trying to cross examine people on here. I've got a fairly good relationship with the vast majority on here which hasn't been built up of a few posts trying to find some way of fitting in by picking 'who to have a go at'.

Not that I felt compelled to respond at the time but your first post in the kenwright thread screamed "dickhead". Haven't seen much to disagree with that.

We've just realised (Matt called it) that "Howard's Way" is Brett Angell re-registered; it's his fourth attempt to get back on I think but his first for a while. Been dealt with.

We've just realised (Matt called it) that "Howard's Way" is Brett Angell re-registered; it's his fourth attempt to get back on I think but his first for a while. Been dealt with.

I've actually forgotten what bretts posts used to look like.

I smelt a rat when I seen his first post about kenwright.

Never understood trolling myself. Sad bastard.

Not sure why we're trying to sell the most prolific striker the team has had in a while - especially when his form and effort levels have been improving. He's an Evertonian, and long may he remain so.

no doubt steve would love for him to stay but with his super agent mendes or whatever he's off. agent already said he shoudln't be playing for us and he never would have allowed it. once the summer hits and offers of 40m come rom will be spouting his mouth about leaving and CL and all that, might as well make a profit. he's not stones, he won't play and be nice and all.

This is a classic hahahaha

Not sure why we're trying to sell the most prolific striker the team has had in a while - especially when his form and effort levels have been improving. He's an Evertonian, and long may he remain so.

I'm a big fan of his but I wouldn't call him an Evertonian. He's an Everton player. Maybe a bit pedantic, but there is an important difference.

I agree with the rest though

I would not pay for Rooney. He may get "released" in respect of a good service. Lets remember we had a sell on clause that he saved them money on.

Rooney wouldn't be cheap even on a free. He'd still probably become our highest ever earner if he was to come in the next year or 2. I think we'll see a much better Rooney than we're seeing currently - I think he needs a change to reinvigorate his career.

Rooney wouldn't be cheap even on a free. He'd still probably become our highest ever earner if he was to come in the next year or 2. I think we'll see a much better Rooney than we're seeing currently - I think he needs a change to reinvigorate his career.

I agree, but I think his "wages" will be £80-£100k, he will get a signing on fee that would probably be about £5m plus in order to make his wages somewhere like £120k

If we had a decent "commercial" side, his signing would pay for itself. i.e "Hey Nike - fancy doing our kits - we may be signing Rooney,.,,,"

I agree, but I think his "wages" will be £80-£100k, he will get a signing on fee that would probably be about £5m plus in order to make his wages somewhere like £120k

If we had a decent "commercial" side, his signing would pay for itself. i.e "Hey Nike - fancy doing our kits - we may be signing Rooney,.,,,"

United would probs pay up his contact and us pick up the surplus. Image rights will help as well. That said they might keep hold of him just for his commercial value.

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/2686880/romelu-lukaku-to-join-psg-arsenal-back-for-gonzalo-higuain

he's gone

Said Raiola to Get French Football News: "Lukaku to PSG? We had a discussion with Martinez, he said he would let him leave Everton if a good offer comes in. But talking about the transfer window now makes no sense."

whether or not the talk happened the agent is already angling for a move for Rom which if he was happy here he wouldn't have got said agent and woudln't be allowing him to do this talking.

Edited by markjazzbassist

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/2686880/romelu-lukaku-to-join-psg-arsenal-back-for-gonzalo-higuain

he's gone

Said Raiola to Get French Football News: "Lukaku to PSG? We had a discussion with Martinez, he said he would let him leave Everton if a good offer comes in. But talking about the transfer window now makes no sense."

whether or not the talk happened the agent is already angling for a move for Rom which if he was happy here he wouldn't have got said agent and woudln't be allowing him to do this talking.

So based on this... "we" was lukaku and his agent talking about a move to PSG - if the money is right? And Martinez agreed???

I wouldn't be adverse to selling him but this is bollocks.

So based on this... "we" was lukaku and his agent talking about a move to PSG - if the money is right? And Martinez agreed???

I wouldn't be adverse to selling him but this is bollocks.

Agreed. But the point is his agent is doing this for a reason. Angling for a move and rom wants him too. Otherwise he wouldn't be talking to the press. This is the beginning of his campaign to get rom transferred. Vault me.

Of course he is going to, that's what he does.

Yes. Like I said if he kept the old agent is expect him to stick around for a while but this offseason when he switched to the super agent who then said "I would have never let him come here, champs league only" it began. This is phase 2. I don't see him gone in January but fully expect him gone this summer.