IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Agreed he had a very good game, his best yet IMO and it wasn't because of his goal. Obviously it was vital but his game today was a brilliant contribution to a team game that relied on intensity.

So the question to Pete is... Would you have the 1 goal Rom performance from today or the 2 goal performance from Monday?

That would depend on how many goals the opposition score :).

I watched MOTD 2 last night.

It was interesting to see Shearers opinion (for me he was the best all round physical striker I have seen). His opinion, was much similar to mine, he used the word "choose" and "penny dropped".

In doing that he highlighted how strong Rom "can be" when he is "angry" he is a handful.

This seems to have been a theme over the weekend, Souness picked up on it, Shearer did and hopefully his "sporadic" effort levels will become a thing of the past. He can no longer hide behind goal stats when people have seen how overall effective he can be.

As I say, it was his best game for us yet - long may it continue.

I watched MOTD 2 last night.

It was interesting to see Shearers opinion (for me he was the best all round physical striker I have seen). His opinion, was much similar to mine, he used the word "choose" and "penny dropped".

In doing that he highlighted how strong Rom "can be" when he is "angry" he is a handful.

This seems to have been a theme over the weekend, Souness picked up on it, Shearer did and hopefully his "sporadic" effort levels will become a thing of the past. He can no longer hide behind goal stats when people have seen how overall effective he can be.

As I say, it was his best game for us yet - long may it continue.

Wright said the same. When he wants to be, he's unplayable. As you rightly point out, many have now made that opinion more public.

Wright said the same. When he wants to be, he's unplayable. As you rightly point out, many have now made that opinion more public.

Its funny, the press all go for the same tag lines. I recall them waxing lyrical over Adebuyor when he played for Man City against Arsenal (I must admit, one of the most impressive battering ram performances I have seen) - its just that he dropped his levels after that.

I think Rom has more integrity than that.

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/2643404/lukaku-wenger-dream-man-united-tried-to-sign-muller

I really do love Lukaku but honestly I have no idea what the fuck he is thinking sometimes. Citing Mourhino as a dream coach? Wants to now play for Chelsea or Arsenal? He just seems so fucking arrogant sometimes - I don't understand him. He talks likes he's fucking Ronaldo or Messi, yet sometimes his first touch is absolute dogshit. How about closing your mouth, keep trying to score goals and do what's best for EVERTON, and not give a flying fuck about those other jokers? When he has one foot in the door (so to speak) dreaming about these other big clubs, then I think he is not performing at 100% for the job he was hired for at 29m - and that is to be a striker and team player for Everton FC. What about the manager you have right now Rom - who has had his issues, yes - but arguably is WAY more respectable of a man with actual moral decency - something the "Special One" will never possess, regardless of how many trophies, cups, etc he owns. The grass isn't always greener, and I think Rom is still naive and possibly under some terrible guidance from that dickhead agent he has.

Like I said, I love the guy and when he is on - he is on and I love his vibe and spirit, but then he spews this bullshit and he loses some respect from me. YMMV.

To be fair, they asked him which coaches he would like to play under.

I think what happens is they inject Lukaku with a truth serum before interviewing him.

All other players seem to be able to dance around such questions and reply with something like.... "I'm contracted to Everton a massive club with one of the best young managers in the game."

Just honest. Like it or not.

Cuts through the crap unlike players like Delph.

1 week - Proud to be captain of this great team, we're a massive club, tradition and fans are everything. What an honour blah blah blah

2nd week - Signs for Man City.

I expect Lukaku to go at some point, the longer he stays the better I am about it, doesn't lead you up the garden path like most players.

Edited by Lowensda

I just don't see Jags or Coleman saying that their dream is to play for Man U or Real Madrid, and Everton FC is just a starter "stepping stone" club, even if that is how they feel. I find it disrespectful towards both the club, the fans, AND Martinez - - how should RM interpret those remarks? Maybe I am reading between the lines here too much but you have to wonder if his heart is 100% into this club or is he just trying to impress JM and AW to get a new contract out of Merseyside?

And yes, I do understand he was asked the question, and there is a way to answer it to retain one's integrity and honor towards EFC.

My 2 cents or pence. Rant over.

Just honest. Like it or not.

Cuts through the crap unlike players like Delph.

1 week - Proud to be captain of this great team, we're a massive club, tradition and fans are everything. What an honour blah blah blah

2nd week - Signs for Man City.

I expect Lukaku to go at some point, the longer he stays the better I am about it, doesn't lead you up the garden path like most players.

Be interesting to see how fans will react when every player states their desire to play for other managers when just a couple of years into a 5 year contract.... personally I don't think it will go down well - nor has it in the past, why should it for Lukaku?

Ashley Cole was only being honest when he was offered less than he thought he was worth by Arsenal - did that stop him getting slated?

what will the fans say if Martinez comes out and says "clubs I want to manage? err well lets see - Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United - yes I would love to manage them in that order"

Top and bottom of it is that half the fans seem to think we are lucky to have Lukaku play for us - like he's doing some form of volunteering work out of the goodness of his heart.

He needs to shut up and play. His international manager has said he talks too much, his ex manager said he talks too much - his current manager must certainly be concerned by his tendancy to talk so much....

Not everyone is a marketing expert who can tactfully field interview questions. Even top executives sometimes come out with horrendous gaffes. Personally, I think it's unfair to judge Lukaku, or anyone else, for saying inappropriate things when asked tricky questions.

even presidential candidates .....ahem....donald trump.......ahem