IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

It's sad there are many messages here when he has a bad game and virtually none when he's voted, almost unanimously, Everton's MotM against United.

Cornish, you would be a little concerned if someone reviewed your book and said "it was great because I couldn't find any spelling mistakes"

It would almost bring attention to your inability to spell or put the work rate in to use a spell checker. Rather than the genuine quality of the work.

Congratulations on the book by the way. Great achievement.

Guest Howard's way

Cornish, you would be a little concerned if someone reviewed your book and said "it was great because I couldn't find any spelling mistakes"

It would almost bring attention to your inability to spell or put the work rate in to use a spell checker. Rather than the genuine quality of the work.

Congratulations on the book by the way. Great achievement.

No haf completely wrong. I am his second worst critic and I have to say he led the line well, out muscled there back four all game, brought people into play and was unlucky not to grab a goal. If he plays shit we slate but if he plays well we praise. That's critique for ya not just wash your hands with the lad.

No haf completely wrong. I am his second worst critic and I have to say he led the line well, out muscled there back four all game, brought people into play and was unlucky not to grab a goal. If he plays shit we slate but if he plays well we praise. That's critique for ya not just wash your hands with the lad.

Marcus Bent did that every game, Straq did that every game, Costa does it, Bony does it.

Lukaku is the biggest striker in the league, he weighs more than any other outfield player so in my opinion him not using his size and battling is like theo Walcott jogging.

I use Straq and bent as an example to show you don't have to be talented to do that. It's a "choice" some games he chooses not to.

Don't think you've been round enough to see that I do praise him when he puts it in. A lethargic game and a brace doesn't wash with me and I think the coaching staff have had him by the balls. The Liverpool game was a prime example, best lone striker performance I've seen since the days of big dunc.

Marcus Bent did that every game, Straq did that every game, Costa does it, Bony does it.

Lukaku is the biggest striker in the league, he weighs more than any other outfield player so in my opinion him not using his size and battling is like theo Walcott jogging.

I use Straq and bent as an example to show you don't have to be talented to do that. It's a "choice" some games he chooses not to.

Don't think you've been round enough to see that I do praise him when he puts it in.

Maybe he's been around long enough to read back a few thousand post at some of the stuff you put up about Lukaku.......The 'praise' you've put in through gritted teeth since carries no weight against against that personal crap.

Just a thought !

We/I/Most don't care about Marcus Bent or Straq, or any past striker, we are behind the one Martinez chooses to lead the line, he has his off days as do the rest, and I'm sure if he has a couple of bad games in a row we will hear plenty from you again.

Harsh considering some of the crap a few of the others put in sometimes, whilst hardly getting a mention.

I believe Lukaku has potential, his game is improving all the time, it happens.His potential was there for all to see even a couple of years ago, to those with a half decent insight.

Maybe he's been around long enough to read back a few thousand post at some of the stuff you put up about Lukaku.......The 'praise' you've put in through gritted teeth since carries no weight against against that personal crap.

Just a thought !

We/I/Most don't care about Marcus Bent or Straq, or any past striker, we are behind the one Martinez chooses to lead the line, he has his off days as do the rest, and I'm sure if he has a couple of bad games in a row we will hear plenty from you again.

Harsh considering some of the crap a few of the others put in sometimes, whilst hardly getting a mention.

I believe Lukaku has potential, his game is improving all the time, it happens.His potential was there for all to see even a couple of years ago, to those with a half decent insight.

Personal?

Oh do us a favour, fuck off. Looking for newby to recruit into your merry band of haf trolls? Been here before haven't we ya sad bastard.

I'll keep my posts as they are, you just keep looking for more hyenas to join you.

Edited by Hafnia

Alan Smith proved what a complete tit he is, he slated him in the first half for not winning enough headers. He actually did well.

For me his effort levels dropped in the second half. I do think he sulked a bit when he never got the free kick after riding the challenge and putting in a good ball. I do think his all round play has improved, a few times in close quarters he did very well and once or twice he did give it away cheaply but that's fine.

I do still worry about his effort levels. He needs someone on there to constantly get at him. A Roy Keane character.

£40M?

it's a definate sell from me. I know Matt may not be surprised to hear that and be potentially heartbroken but its good business, just in the way £28m for Fellaini was - and for exactly the same reasons.

Lukaku "on his day" is worth £50m+, however Lukaku on "one of those days" is worth £8m. Felliani was very much the same but had a higher "lower level perfomance" than Rom.

If he was able to demonstrate the ability to apply himself like he did against Liverpool in the derby and cut out the usual mundane nothing games then I would keep at all costs really. I just feel that by the time he is 25 and the word "potential" becomes replaced with "frustrating" we will have seen too many games where he doesn't offer enough.

£40m if we have the time to do some serious striker scouting can be a fair chunk of money to spend. We could get 2 top end strikers for that. Look at the business West Ham did.

£40M?

it's a definate sell from me. I know Matt may not be surprised to hear that and be potentially heartbroken but its good business, just in the way £28m for Fellaini was - and for exactly the same reasons.

Lukaku "on his day" is worth £50m+, however Lukaku on "one of those days" is worth £8m. Felliani was very much the same but had a higher "lower level perfomance" than Rom.

If he was able to demonstrate the ability to apply himself like he did against Liverpool in the derby and cut out the usual mundane nothing games then I would keep at all costs really. I just feel that by the time he is 25 and the word "potential" becomes replaced with "frustrating" we will have seen too many games where he doesn't offer enough.

£40m if we have the time to do some serious striker scouting can be a fair chunk of money to spend. We could get 2 top end strikers for that. Look at the business West Ham did.

Hardly heartbroken! I'd be disappointed to lose our best attacking threat in years / decades but nearly 20m on top of what we laid out is nearly double-your-money. My only concern would be who to replace him with?

I'd still be looking for more than 50m for a few reasons;

1. PSG are loaded

2. PSG will be in desperate need of a goalscorer

3. Market is going that way anyway

4. I expect Rom to get near his 20 goals and have a good season.

I'd be sad to see him go, but so long as we reinvest well, it's a no-brainer.

West Ham just bought Payet for 11m and are two points off the top of the table with him to thank for a lot of their success. Don't think they're going to flip him that fast.

i'm messing around dude, vela isn't coming here either and well be stuck with tim leaky howard. but we did miss on him after being linked for a while, really class player that payet.

maybe we can finally buy charlie austin lol

Guest Howard's way

£40M?

What a shock!!!!

You see - this is how this goes.....

1. "who would you buy"

2. person makes suggestions

3. The response is either - "they wouldn't come here" or "how do you know they will score goals here look at salgado"

4. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OK - lets try it.....

1. Harry Kane - continued to play well for team and showed courage despite lean spell. Epitomised why I said he is a top striker, look what they do when they aren't scoring. You learn more about the player at that time.

2. Jordan Rhodes - for all intents and purposes he offers somethiung very similar to Rom, no one in prem has taken a chance on him and £10-£12m could see him come over. His potential is far more than that - he is 25 but he has scored goals galore - he would be a squad striker to start but I like what I see in him and I'm surprised no one has nabbed him. I think Newcastle will go for him.

3. Loic Remy - natural finisher, wouldnt cost a fortune

4. Giroud - rumours are he will be surplus to requirements when Arsene goes for his next striker. Goalscorer - £18m

5. Jamie Vardy - yeah could be this seasons Harry Kane but pace to burn and finishes.

You see - this is how this goes.....

1. "who would you buy"

2. person makes suggestions

3. The response is either - "they wouldn't come here" or "how do you know they will score goals here look at salgado"

4. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OK - lets try it.....

1. Harry Kane - continued to play well for team and showed courage despite lean spell. Epitomised why I said he is a top striker, look what they do when they aren't scoring. You learn more about the player at that time.

2. Jordan Rhodes - for all intents and purposes he offers somethiung very similar to Rom, no one in prem has taken a chance on him and £10-£12m could see him come over. His potential is far more than that - he is 25 but he has scored goals galore - he would be a squad striker to start but I like what I see in him and I'm surprised no one has nabbed him. I think Newcastle will go for him.

3. Loic Remy - natural finisher, wouldnt cost a fortune

4. Giroud - rumours are he will be surplus to requirements when Arsene goes for his next striker. Goalscorer - £18m

5. Jamie Vardy - yeah could be this seasons Harry Kane but pace to burn and finishes.

In Bold - Valid points though. Realistically, Everton couldn't tempt Kane away from Tottenham. Rhodes, Giroud and Verdy are all potentials/possibles, so they're good options

I'd certainly agree with number 3, think we missed out on him pre-Newcastle.

For me:

1. Embolo - is looking like Lukaku. Big step up though. Has the main attributes needed for a striker in the prem.

2. Timo Werner - Looks a top top prospect. Fallen out with Stuggart's hierarchy. Easily succeed in our league.

3. Berardi - Italian sensation. Moved to Sassoulu (instead of Juve) very unexpectedly, sees playing time as the primary motivator. Which means he's a smart kid. Real talent.

I'm interested in your thought process, regarding strikers.