IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Take a look at @EvertonMusings's Tweet: https://twitter.com/EvertonMusings/status/735876960325246978?s=09

Bit of a cringe watch... 2.30 minutes in is hilarious... I honestly didn't think it was possible to be that bad in a big game and spout off.

Highlights that a lot of our attacks break down when the ball reaches him. Imagine having someone who can link the play and hold it up as well as scoring goals.

Highlights that a lot of our attacks break down when the ball reaches him. Imagine having someone who can link the play and hold it up as well as scoring goals.

His first touch is terrible, his lay offs are just as bad makes you wonder how many of those 25 goals were actually meant and not down to luck!

Edited by smeghead1

Haf, I was trying to talk about what the club could do going forward and you still want to bring up the same old argument, even when no one is having the argument with you. Taking the piss now. We've all see the quotes, we all agree he needs to go, hence why I've been trying to steer the conversation towards the future but you insist on going over old ground. You keep saying the same thing over and over, even when people are agreeing with you. You won't get people saying he isn't a great player because most of us think he is, I don't get why you keep peddling it. We all agree with you that he has to leave. What else do you want from everyone? Are you happy to keep posting the same thing that we've lot listened to for years? Now, more than ever, people are agreeing with half of your point of view. I don't get what you want. I'm going to start a new thread, about possible replacements, bring up this old crap and I'll just keep deleting it.

spot on StevO,

Thing is, he has a problem, no matter how many times Lukaku fucks up on the pitch, opens his mouth off the pitch, he has proved he is worth £50/60million.Now let's be honest a fair chunk of that is 'potential', but that's what people often take a gamble on.

For chunks of this season he has been average at best, along with every other player and the manager.But if he'd been as shit as some would have you believe, then we would be looking at around the £20million mark....... if that.

The people who said Lukaku had 'potential ' were right...........SOME were wrong!!.

Talking about his poor end of season form, his poor conduct in talking about wanting out is just too easy.Everyone can see it.But he will continue to stick the knife in because Lukakua DID prove him WRONG.

He will never stop, even when Lukaku is long gone.

I'm disappointed in Lukaku for how this has all ended, though I lay some blame at the feet of Martinez.It all could have been so different.I'd have liked Lukaku to stay, under a good manager, better tactics etc, but that's probably not going to happen.

So, move on lad, make us some big money and good luck.

Edited by Blue 250

I don't mean this to sound condescending. Lukaku doesn't deserve the support the likes of blue and Matt have given him.

Like a fair few fans massive hope was placed on his shoulders. Despite a few admittedly brilliant games he was very very average. Decent enough poacher around the box but those players do not cost the money we supposedly could get for this lad.

He's kinda like a forward version of David Luiz. Mega priced, should be good but lacks it between the ears and loses too many duels.

Like supporting Everton... it's the hope that kills you. People will always talk about potential with this lad... funny isn't it, people never spoke of potential when shearer, Fowler, owen, rooney were the same age... because they were delivering what was to be expected in a footballer.

He will go on to be a hot and cold player who will frustrate the shit out of managers who want more from a forward than poaching.

Edited by Hafnia

Let's watch and see.

If he is as good as some think he is then the 65m offers will come, possibly more of there is a bidding war.

If he isn't then we're probably looking around 45m.

I l ow that doesn't mean he is good or had. But it's a good judge when experienced managers will pay the rate.

Doesn't deserve? Haf we back the player regardless of whether they deserve it or not. People love messi but he's a real whopper (to use the scouse vernacular) off the pitch. Doesn't mean he's any less a footballer.

You need to learn to separate men from sport/art. Most famous people were awful people, and that should have no bearing on their work.

Doesn't deserve? Haf we back the player regardless of whether they deserve it or not. People love messi but he's a real whopper (to use the scouse vernacular) off the pitch. Doesn't mean he's any less a footballer.

You need to learn to separate men from sport/art. Most famous people were awful people, and that should have no bearing on their work.

You speaking for everyone again Mark?

Lukaku had my backing despite being a sulky sod who decided when he was going to put it in, the fact that I didn't rate him didn't matter, play for the badge and you get the support.

You need to learn to separate Everton from the average football club. "Those who understand need no explanation, those who don't understand don't matter."

Edited by Hafnia

You speaking for everyone again Mark?

Lukaku had my backing despite being a sulky sod who decided when he was going to put it in, the fact that I didn't rate him didn't matter, play for the badge and you get the support.

You need to learn to separate Everton from the average football club. "Those who understand need no explanation, those who don't understand don't matter."

I have some very bad news for you, I'm afraid Everton this season WERE a very 'average' football club and last season.

Every football fan believes THEIR club is special, I know Peterborough fans who follow thier team all over the country a West Ham mate spends most of his money following them up and down the country, he thinks the Hammers are special, better than average etc.

To us Everton are special.........but not to Lukaku, we are just his pay masters, he can get more money playing for probably (and when measured against the past couple of seasons) a better team, if he's a sick of the tactics that Everton have employed under Martinez as I am who can blame him.

So, he didn't roll up his sleeves and get stuck in, yeh him and many others.Football has changed with all the stupid money kicking about, people are different, players are different, loyalty is almost gone.

Did you want Lukaku to pull up his shirt to reaveal a 'once a Blue always a Blue' tee shirt, like your hero Rooney !!.......oh wait, oh yes Wayne left for a better club and more money and that was after being born and brought up a Blue.Lukaku had probably never heard of Everton, why be loyal?

You say Lukaku 'had your backing' rubbish, your insults and hate tempered during the times he was smasing in his goals, you reverted to type when it dried up, pretty much alongside Evertons form.

I agree with you he shouldn't be pushing so openly for a move, but I can live with it, Evertons replacement for Lukaku might well do the same to his existing club, our fans will say, isn't it great a player wants to come to our 'special' club.It happens.

You need to get over him and hope other teams spotted the talent you couldn't see, so they pay us stupid money.

Then we can all move on.

I have some very bad news for you, I'm afraid Everton this season WERE a very 'average' football club and last season.

Every football fan believes THEIR club is special, I know Peterborough fans who follow thier team all over the country a West Ham mate spends most of his money following them up and down the country, he thinks the Hammers are special, better than average etc.

To us Everton are special.........but not to Lukaku, we are just his pay masters, he can get more money playing for probably (and when measured against the past couple of seasons) a better team, if he's a sick of the tactics that Everton have employed under Martinez as I am who can blame him.

So, he didn't roll up his sleeves and get stuck in, yeh him and many others.Football has changed with all the stupid money kicking about, people are different, players are different, loyalty is almost gone.

Did you want Lukaku to pull up his shirt to reaveal a 'once a Blue always a Blue' tee shirt, like your hero Rooney !!.......oh wait, oh yes Wayne left for a better club and more money and that was after being born and brought up a Blue.Lukaku had probably never heard of Everton, why be loyal?

You say Lukaku 'had your backing' rubbish, your insults and hate tempered during the times he was smasing in his goals, you reverted to type when it dried up, pretty much alongside Evertons form.

I agree with you he shouldn't be pushing so openly for a move, but I can live with it, Evertons replacement for Lukaku might well do the same to his existing club, our fans will say, isn't it great a player wants to come to our 'special' club.It happens.

You need to get over him and hope other teams spotted the talent you couldn't see, so they pay us stupid money.

Then we can all move on.

I was over him before we made the loan permanent.... that's the thing. Seen the good and seen enough of the bad.

I honestly don't know what it is but this lad has kidded the shit out of some football fans.

But for someone so fuckin awesome he doesn't half have some critics... funny that isn't it.

Did any Everton fans say "good riddance Wayne, you weren't that good".... not one fan... not one. Good players don't have their ability slated... seriously have a look at the video tweet from the semi final. Just imagine if it was Naismith, kone, Jelavic, Anichebe??? Just watch it. Go on.

I get it, you like Rom....it's the only time we see you. Your name isn't Jordan or Roger lukaku is it?

Edited by Hafnia

I can't see that video because I don't have Twitter, but I can imagine.

I remember saying last season that I thought a lot of our attacks break down when the ball reaches Lukaku. I'm pretty sure that's true.

Unfortunately, this season, once Gerry and Barkley lost form, and could no longer pinpoint him in the box, all was lost.

To me, a top striker score goals like he did Vs Chelsea in the FA Cup Quarters quite often. I'm not sure Rom has that.

Maybe he has more to offer. We'll find out once he moves.

I can't see that video because I don't have Twitter, but I can imagine.

I remember saying last season that I thought a lot of our attacks break down when the ball reaches Lukaku. I'm pretty sure that's true.

Unfortunately, this season, once Gerry and Barkley lost form, and could no longer pinpoint him in the box, all was lost.

To me, a top striker score goals like he did Vs Chelsea in the FA Cup Quarters quite often. I'm not sure Rom has that.

Maybe he has more to offer. We'll find out once he moves.

In the words of MJB... spot on.

I get it, you like Rom....it's the only time we see you. Your name isn't Jordan or Roger lukaku is it?

There are plenty of people who rate Lukakus potential, that's why Everton will more than double what we paid for him, you said you'd sell him for less than we paid to get him off the pay roll :rofl: , good job you don't have anything to do with the club! (yes you did say this)

You were also one of the last on here to realise/admit Martinez was out of his depth, but then you were a big fan of his, so maybe, just maybe your judgements not that good!

I don't get on here much, pretty busy with the real world, you should try it..........yes I did like Rom at his best, I like all Everton players, I would never insult them how you did Lukaku early days, someone really should dig some of those posts out............2nd thoughts better not or this Bullshit thread will rumble on.

We get it, you hate Lukaku and you will continue to stalk him through the papers, on the internet, every single air shot he makes you will upload onto here.When he retires from football you will be there!.........get some help. :rofl:

There are plenty of people who rate Lukakus potential, that's why Everton will more than double what we paid for him, you said you'd sell him for less than we paid to get him off the pay roll :rofl: , good job you don't have anything to do with the club! (yes you did say this)

You were also one of the last on here to realise/admit Martinez was out of his depth, but then you were a big fan of his, so maybe, just maybe your judgements not that good!

I don't get on here much, pretty busy with the real world, you should try it..........yes I did like Rom at his best, I like all Everton players, I would never insult them how you did Lukaku early days, someone really should dig some of those posts out............2nd thoughts better not or this Bullshit thread will rumble on.

We get it, you hate Lukaku and you will continue to stalk him through the papers, on the internet, every single air shot he makes you will upload onto here.When he retires from football you will be there!.........get some help. :rofl:

It will be worth him going just to hear less from you to be honest. What shirt will Romelu FC be wearing next year?

Martinez like anyone who 'does their best for Everton' gets my support even if things don't go so well. Maybe that's my issue with Rom.

Ta ra.

It will be worth him going just to hear less from you to be honest. What shirt will Romelu FC be wearing next year?

Martinez like anyone who 'does their best for Everton' gets my support even if things don't go so well. Maybe that's my issue with Rom.

Ta ra.

The Bullshit meter will still be on when he's gone, so I guess I'll never be far from you.Like a stalker......like you are with Lukaku :rofl:

I

Martinez like anyone who 'does their best for Everton' gets my support even if things don't go so well.

So that was Martinez doing his best for Everton...........NAH! He was doing what he thought was right for Martinez, stubborn control freak.

You stood by him till he'd nearly destroyed us, well done!

So that was Martinez doing his best for Everton...........NAH! He was doing what he thought was right for Martinez, stubborn control freak.

Yeh Hafnia and MikeO got Martinez completely wrong.

I stood by him till he clearly demonstrated that like his predecessor - he was unable to overcome his programming in order to adapt. A g failing of many managers.

Tell me... how did you feel in his first season??? Did you get a bit excited by what was happening?... of course you did. So cut the shit.

Go back to 3 months after we had lukaku on loan and read my comments. In fact after the first match when people were getting giddy I picked up on his shite technique.

There's a lot of similarities between martinez and Lukaku. Both deluded, both can't see their short falls, both rub people up the wrong way. Both multi millionaires but only one acts with any class when leaving the club. Yeah you just keep supporting the lad... lol.

Think you'll find you and I were the front runners on the Martinez was a fraud brigade. Think I beat you to it though with the fist shout hot lips xx

Disagree, I had him before you. Also had his interviews nailed before anyone else on here too.

Edited by MC11

Sozza mate I was first to the party, you get silver here. You were bored of his interviews first but you don't get a medal for that.

I had his number before paddy was even born on TT! Back in 13/14 I was slagging him. Plus you went to the extreme at times. Your head well and truly fell off. You can have the emotional wreck title.

Anyway.... I was the first to say Lukaku was over rated shite.

At his likely point of sale he will have not scored a goal in over 900 minutes of football including missing his last 2 pens and blowing sitters in his biggest game in his 3 years here.

Strangely enough with the most fooked up market we may well make a profit on him.

Anyway.... I was the first to say Lukaku was over rated shite.

At his likely point of sale he will have not scored a goal in over 900 minutes of football including missing his last 2 pens and blowing sitters in his biggest game in his 3 years here.

Strangely enough with the most fooked up market we may well make a profit on him.

We'll certainly have pulled paints down if we double our money.

After watching that video of him it really got me thinking..... Is Lukaku a major contributor to poor form? I mean the amount of times he gives the ball away is unreal.