IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Water under the bridge for me gents.

I know exactly what I meant, I know my original post, and following posts, explain what I meant. I know I was right in what I was saying. I possibly (probably!) misused one word, thats all. I'm happy with that.

I was a bit tired, got a bit cranky. Read the posts again today and I'm fine with it.

We move on.

Indeed we do.

Thing is we hold all the cards here.

We don't need the money.

He wants trophies/champions league, if he doesn't get that with us then he at least needs to perform at a level that a club doing that will want him. He doesn't have the option of sulking/ not performing as these teams would lose interest.

I know we like to think we hold all the cards (and I've said it myself before) but in reality we don't, contracts are really just to protect your investment and we should have that at the forefront of any actions we take, it feels to me he has been a very disruptive force in the team since he signed. I'd be really happy if we could cash in and move him on, and stick to signing players that feel/act like they're Everton players.

Edited by Chach

I know we like to think we hold all the cards (and I've said it myself before) but in reality we don't, contracts are really just to protect your investment and we should have that at the forefront of any actions we take, it feels to me he has been a very disruptive force in the team since he signed. I'd be really happy if we could cash in and move him on, and stick to signing players that feel/act like they're Everton players.

John Stones begs to differ.

We do hold the cards and I'm pretty sure his agent is starting to realise that we won't simply fold if he keeps mouthing off so is now backtracking.

John Stones begs to differ.

We do hold the cards and I'm pretty sure his agent is starting to realise that we won't simply fold if he keeps mouthing off so is now backtracking.

Obviously contracts are enforceable but they can't really account for human behaviour, and John Stones and Romelu Lukaku are completely different characters, my point is that if someone want to go and its good business we shouldn't make a habit of standing in their way.

Given you know we are holding all the cards, I assume you have seen his contract?

Obviously contracts are enforceable but they can't really account for human behaviour, and John Stones and Romelu Lukaku are completely different characters, my point is that if someone want to go and its good business we shouldn't make a habit of standing in their way.

Given you know we are holding all the cards, I assume you have seen his contract?

you know the answer to that. But, I know we have a contract, ergo we hold the cards

you know the answer to that. But, I know we have a contract, ergo we hold the cards

Contracts are to protect both parties interests though and they're not all the same, Stone's would have been very heavily in our favour, cant say I would assume the same about Rom's, one way or another though Rom is getting an even better contract, you can take that to the bank, so my preference when all things are considered is to move him on.