IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Haf....take up fishing.

Fish will jump into the net voluntarily.

very true Shukes.

I do love the way that a social media app that limits you to about 80 characters is used as the oracle of all stats.... I do wish my analytics limited me to such brief spin.

The only conclusion that I could make from that "tweet" was that given the fact it doesn't take into account overall play ( balls shinned, headers to 5ft 9 defenders lost, times found offside, passes misplaced, number of half jogs) was that we should have signed Jermaine Defoe - he's played for a garbage team, less games, less time but a better ratio of goals returned.

So - next time someone asks me "who would you sign?" - Defoe...

Haha we all wish you were limited to 80 characters too Haf (though 140 is more accurate)

I'm sure you wouldn't if I was one of his extreme fans Steve - gifted with an ability to erase all critical thoughts of him whenever the ball hits the back of the net.

funny though isn't it.... no one seems to excuse goalies for saves they didn't make versus the worldies they did... yet give the above striker a barren run of games with limited effort and a few goals puts pay to such bad memories.

I'm sure you wouldn't if I was one of his extreme fans Steve - gifted with an ability to erase all critical thoughts of him whenever the ball hits the back of the net.

funny though isn't it.... no one seems to excuse goalies for saves they didn't make versus the worldies they did... yet give the above striker a barren run of games with limited effort and a few goals puts pay to such bad memories.

Sweeping statement that, and far from true

Off topic but something just struck me; when I started work at seventeen and I got a memo or call asking me to go to a "meeting" I felt so empowered and important. The older I got the more you go "Oh no not another f'king meeting."

My dad told me stories about meetings at EMI in the sixties, he hated them; told me he stood up at one (George Martin being present) and suggested the company took on "shadow" employees to go to meetings while the real people got on with their jobs, and walked out. No idea if it was true but I really hope it was.

so cool that both your pops and you worked in the music industry. was he an engineer as well?

I hated meetings at barracuda..had to travel miles up and down the country to push bullshit round like a bunch of dung beetles..always got the cretins shouting their opinions from inside the bosses arse too..I got moaned at for making a paper frog and hopping it down the table

No meetings at the moment is fantastic..pay is shit though :lol:

I detest meetings.... I have no ability to concentrate in them unless they are "active and productive". 80% of the time is spent listening to others try and sound important.... "conference calls?" - cant stand them.

All full of people trying to point score.

We are expected to "work more efficiently" and so have specific meetings 6-8 hours a week to track our efficiency. It's comical

As for Conf calls...

I detest meetings.... I have no ability to concentrate in them unless they are "active and productive". 80% of the time is spent listening to others try and sound important.... "conference calls?" - cant stand them.

All full of people trying to point score.

110%

Let's air this out

Get the ball rolling

Curve ball

Hit the ground running

Terms like these..just jump out that open window

Just getting back on track. I played centre-half and centre-forward. I had some really crap games at centre-forward and scored the winning goal in the last five minutes. I was a hero. I've had some really good games at centre-half and when the opposition scored in the last five minutes the match report said 'Henesy could have done better'. That's the way the cookie crumbles. No, on reflection the match report said Hennessey could have done better. On one occasion it was 'Hennersex' and on another, 'Hennasay'.

In short out of all those players - lukaku has played the most minutes. Has played up front exclusively.... others haven't.

Fitness still comes in to the overall quality of a player for me (assuming that the others haven't played as many minutes due to injury), if a striker has a better standard of natural fitness, he will score more, albeit luck has a lot to do with it too.

Look at Aguero on there! Could literally have almost twice that amount with the time he's spend injured at City! Just shows what real quality he has, only Suarez is better than him in that central striker role IMO.

Fitness still comes in to the overall quality of a player for me (assuming that the others haven't played as many minutes due to injury), if a striker has a better standard of natural fitness, he will score more, albeit luck has a lot to do with it too.

Look at Aguero on there! Could literally have almost twice that amount with the time he's spend injured at City! Just shows what real quality he has, only Suarez is better than him in that central striker role IMO.

you also need to consider most other teams have other players.... most have at least 2 viable central striker options. Not all these players were injured.

Either way... very tiring these twitter stats. Bit shit.

you also need to consider most other teams have other players.... most have at least 2 viable central striker options. Not all these players were injured.

Either way... very tiring these twitter stats. Bit shit.

then you also need to consider the quality of the other teams supporting those strikers in the list...

then you also need to consider the quality of the other teams supporting those strikers in the list...

I have... Lukaku has been very well supported. He's never had to share the spoils. Arsenal have had giroud, sanchez, Walcott.

Leicester have had mahrez.

It's really not a massively great stat..it's basically saying he's scored on average 13-15 prem goals a season providing rata since 2014 whilst playing more minutes..