IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I cant believe that a football fan would agree that Lukaku is better than Kane with either foot.

Seriously, like him or loathe him, Kane can shoot with either foot and can hit them from 10 - 20 or 30 yards.

He looks and runs like Chris waddle but is up there with the best in the premier league as far as forwards go.

Yes he is up there with the best in the league, but not quite as far up as Lukaku.

I cant believe that a football fan would agree that Lukaku is better than Kane with either foot.

Seriously, like him or loathe him, Kane can shoot with either foot and can hit them from 10 - 20 or 30 yards.

He looks and runs like Chris waddle but is up there with the best in the premier league as far as forwards go.

So if he can shoot with either foot and Rom can't how come Rom has a better strike rate with his "wrong" one? I'm confused.

Lukaku

17 appearances

10 goals (0.59pg)

25 chances created (1.47pg)

66% shot accuracy

64% pass accurancy

47% duals won, 41% aerial.

Harry Kane

13 appearance

8 goals (0.62pg)

19 chances created (1.46pg)

57% shot accuracy

72% pass accuracy

45% duels won - 33% aerial

Spurs

248 chances created

55% possession

83% pass accuracy

20m pass length

Everton

181 chances created

50% possession

78% pass accuracy

21m pass length

So if Lukaku scores almost as many and creates more chances in a team that has created far less, had much less possession and a longer passing average yet is only just less accurate with his passing. Plus this lazy Lukaku sod wins more duels, significantly more aerially.

Get rid... not a team player at all.

So if he can shoot with either foot and Rom can't how come Rom has a better strike rate with his "wrong" one? I'm confused.

Your better than that.

Is a 1-1 striker our best ever because his stats show one goal in one game? Stats prove he is don't they?

Hasn't Haf proved time and time again that Lukaku is not a good footballer yet people argue he is? Or are you agreeing with Haf now....as stats prove him right don't they!

Ok I'll retype mine.

In my opinion...regardless of stats...Kane is the better footballer. And I couldn't argue with anyone I know against that.

But stats prove that Lukaku is better than Ibra don't they.

I thought I would try and go for a couple of similar players in a similar style of team play.

Benteke

16 games

8 goals (0.5pg) - includes pens - 2 I think

15 chances created

45% shot accuracy

63% pass accuracy

51% duels won - 56% aerially

Palace

159 chances created

50% possession

75% pass accuracy

20m pass length

Deeney

18 appearances

4 goals (2 pens?)

21 chances created

47% shot accuracy

58% pass accuracy

41% duels won

Watford

137 chances created

48% possession

73% pass accuracy

20m pass length

Ye I think Kane is having a bad start to the year, but as we have seen recently he seems to be getting back on track again.

I honestly think Kane is the better player.

Others can think the opposite that's fine.

I pray that Lukaku changes my mind as that can only be a good thing.

Still support the big man and can see him becoming a top top player.

Comparing Kane and Lukaku again, Ai think Kane has scored 3 pens too, not sure about Lukaku? I can't remember any.

Fwiw Lukaku has scored from outside of the area but Kane hasn't yet this year.

Both have scored 1 headed goal, Kane one extra with his wrong foot.

Bailey well done mate your last two posts have been pivotal to the argument that he is not a bad player.

Your better than that.

Is a 1-1 striker our best ever because his stats show one goal in one game? Stats prove he is don't they?

Hasn't Haf proved time and time again that Lukaku is not a good footballer yet people argue he is? Or are you agreeing with Haf now....as stats prove him right don't they!

Ok I'll retype mine.

In my opinion...regardless of stats...Kane is the better footballer. And I couldn't argue with anyone I know against that.

But stats prove that Lukaku is better than Ibra don't they.

Better than what? How is it not a valid point?

One goal in one game striker is a total red herring; I'm comparing stats over three seasons.

Point was suggested (and has been before) that Rom is one footed and not good in the air and the reality doesn't back that up; I did a comparison a while back in this thread that showed be was less one footed than Messi and Ronaldo (among several others including Kane). That's not me suggesting he's a better player than them for a minute, just debunking an argument I don't agree with.

Better than what? How is it not a valid point?

One goal in one game striker is a total red herring; I'm comparing stats over three seasons.

Point was suggested (and has been before) that Rom is one footed and not good in the air and the reality doesn't back that up; I did a comparison a while back in this thread that showed be was less one footed than Messi and Ronaldo among several others including Kane. That's not me suggesting he's a better player than them for a minute, just debunking an argument I don't agree with.

Apologies MikeO.

I never agree with the one footed argument either. Don't see what relevance it has. I have watched many one footed legends that are a country mile better than great two footers.

It's just my opinion that you must be crazy to think Lukaku is a better all round player than Kane. Just an opinion though and I am sure you think I am just as crazy.

As Bailey has shown, the two of them are pretty much neck and neck so it's always going to be contentious.

I would second that, or third that... think mjb also credited Bailey.

Nice to see subjective points and not just Lukaku defence brigade.

Jesus Shukes, how many times mate??

Everyone in this theead admits he has his faults, everyone admits he frustrates them at times but the same people will defend him when stupid arguments like how many shits he has, how much he cost etc. They're all just ridiculous arguments because Hafnia doesn't rate him and is absolutely obsessed with proving his point even though time and time again the daft holes he picks in him are proven wrong!

Nobodys saying he's perfect and when he's poor he's critisised but people will defend him when the critisism is unjustified or ridiculous.

People where seriously stacking him up against Troy Deeney a few pages ago. Fuck me mate, Troy Deeney ... and they were serious. ??

Eh?

I was agreeing that time haha.

This is the problem Pad. People see names in a Lukaku thread and jump on them. A neautral would read our last few posts and wander wtf!

How many times do I have to point out that I rate Lukaku and want him to stay, yet again you question it?

My only criticism is that he doesn't work hard enough... and if you want to argue that then fine. Me I think he can work harder. But don't say it's unjustified mate because it isn't.

It's not like I'm on my own.... damn in this thread alone there is a clear divide and not just me and Haf.

Then look on other sites. There is this same argument.

That alone says it is a divided opinion.

But if you are a smoke without fire person then that's fine.

Me... I enjoy discussing strengths and faults about Lukaku in a ......ye you guessed it...a LUKAKU thread.

Don't be so determined to prove people wrong mate when it's just opinion. That's what you criticise Haf for.

And totally agree...nuts to swap Rom for Deeney.

Edited by Shukes

You know I think this thread is getting a little too personal.

I have my own thoughts on Rom but sometimes agree with some of Hafs points too.

This doesn't mean I don't rate him. Let's put something straight.

I want Lukaku to sign a new contract.

I think his positives far outweigh his negatives.

I think his goals are important.

I think he is very underrated when it comes to his passing.

I think his control is improving.

I think his goal instinct is up there at the top.

I don't blame him for our teams poaition.

I do see his faults and believe that some of them could be put to bed with a little more application.

I don't believe we are lucky to have him, I believe he is lucky to have us.

Just because I agree with Haf in some points, doesn't make me the enemy.

Baileys stats surprised me, and I have to look at them objectively as I really thought Kane would be head and shoulders above. But the stats showed that Kane is better in areas and Rom is better in areas. Great. There is nothing I would love more than our main man to be the best in the world.

Thanks Bailey, for taking the time to pull the stats together.

Taking out the chances Lukaku and Kane make for others it shows we create 40% less than Spurs do. For every Kane goal they have 26 chances whereas we only need to make 15 for Lukaku. Obviously not all go to the lone frontmen, but you'd expect it to reflect in the goals and that Lukaku would have 40% less goals than Kane. Quite admiral that Lukaku has the same amount.

Fantasy football time. Using these figures last season Lukaku if playing for Spurs would have scored 30 goals (up from 18), to Kane's if at Everton 15 (down from 25).

Therefore Lukaku is twice the player as Kane. More if you take into account assists.

Spurs also have a few other goal scorers though, so the goals converted for Kane is a higher rate than suggested.

There is a science behind stats.

Or it could also mean that Kane would have 15 playing for Everton along with Barkley on 10 and Konrad on 8....eclipsing spurs and meaning that we would finish higher.

Edited by Shukes

No worries gents. I should have been doing better things but I am an excellent procrastinator!

Stats are all contextual. For example Lukaku has probably done better in the air because he has had more chance to.

Of the two this season I have obviously seen Lukaku more but when I have watched Spurs, Kane hasn't really been getting into the game where you would expect him to. Lukaku is in a poor side but he is making the most of the opportunities he gets whereas Kane is not playing as well in a much more productive team.

On the whole, they are similar players, both have their positives and negatives and they probably would do a similar jobs for their teams. Based on this season though I would expect Rom to have scored more goals than Kane if they played for both Everton or Spurs but I would probably also expect Kane to keep the ball better and bring others into play more possibly creating more possession and more team chances. Either way there wouldn't be much in it.

What we do know is that Troy Deeney is not the man we want to replace Rom!