IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

what Haf said. its a very strange reaction to have as a manager, like Haf said most would tout that new contract as they'd locked him up and we're keeping him for life, etc. instead he's saying new contracts don't mean anything today, he could be gone whenever. kinda a dour way to announce a new signing because Walsh might have said we're just doing this to get more cash out of the sale, he's not staying.

And so by association is any other player under contract.

Reading between the lines it seems we're on for signing some players from other premiership sides. #JanuaryPlunder

And Barkleys touch is sublime but who contributes more importantly to the team, Lukaku with his goals or Barkley with his headless chicken routine? Yet Barkleys a belter because he looks good on the ball.

I know which one I'd have in my team.

Out of all the supposed superstars going to the world cup out if the English midfield - barkley had the most goals and assists.

Thing is with barkley there has never been any "I'm too good for Everton" bollocks and he never cost us a penny. He's been dropped when poor and has had competition for his place.

Lukaku has never shut his mouth about him moving away, cost us £28m, never had competition for his place and when he plays shite he gets played repeatedly.

In short... barkley brings no attention to himself, he doesn't disrespect the club, he never cost us double our previous transfer record. Yes he needs to get better but he's being told to earn his contract instead of being given a £100k after tax prepare to leave contract.

Bit of a piss take really... if either of those 2 went to a top European team I know which one would flourish.

And Barkleys touch is sublime but who contributes more importantly to the team, Lukaku with his goals or Barkley with his headless chicken routine? Yet Barkleys a belter because he looks good on the ball.

I know which one I'd have in my team.

No one mentioned Barkley but feel free to look through his thread and you will see I've cited what I believe to be his major flaw/s

I'm happy to have the two of them though and imo both need better quality around them to bring out their best

We lack in quality to provide for Rom where he's most effective in the box and Barkley has the mantle of being a driving force with very little or lacklustre support

The end of the season will be a very telling time as it will be our first real solid window (Jan is always shite) with our current regime in charge with time under their belts and knowing areas that need adding to properly

No one mentioned Barkley but feel free to look through his thread and you will see I've cited what I believe to be his major flaw/s

I'm happy to have the two of them though and imo both need better quality around them to bring out their best

We lack in quality to provide for Rom where he's most effective in the box and Barkley has the mantle of being a driving force with very little or lacklustre support

The end of the season will be a very telling time as it will be our first real solid window (Jan is always shite) with our current regime in charge with time under their belts and knowing areas that need adding to properly

I mentioned Barkley that's why I was talking about him.

Hardly odd mate, I was comparing the fact Lukaku contributes more with his goals yet gets slaughtered yet Barkley gets a free pass a lot of the time because he's a blue.

It seemed like a direct reply at either myself or Haf as it was us that mentioned his touch being shite (which it is) and neither of us mentioned Barkley and I know personally I've said I have my worries and doubts

Anyway if the deal gets done then great and the main thing I can see behind it (bar the money) is we know Rom is ambitious and I'd like to think he's been given assurances we will be recruiting heavily next season... Or at least I'd like to think if that playing a big part in his decision to sign a new deal

It seemed like a direct reply at either myself or Haf as it was us that mentioned his touch being shite (which it is) and neither of us mentioned Barkley and I know personally I've said I have my worries and doubts

Anyway if the deal gets done then great and the main thing I can see behind it (bar the money) is we know Rom is ambitious and I'd like to think he's been given assurances we will be recruiting heavily next season... Or at least I'd like to think if that playing a big part in his decision to sign a new deal

In all honestly Paul, it wasn't a general reply at anyone. It was a general reply to masses of blues giving Barkley a walk over yet slating Lukaku.

You and Haf wasn't even in my thoughts when I posted it mate.

In all honestly Paul, it wasn't a general reply at anyone. It was a general reply to masses of blues giving Barkley a walk over yet slating Lukaku.

You and Haf wasn't even in my thoughts when I posted it mate.

No worries anyway mate my bad... To many presents to wrap and to much paper to bin over the last few days my minds a mess ha

Hardly odd mate, I was comparing the fact Lukaku contributes more with his goals yet gets slaughtered yet Barkley gets a free pass a lot of the time because he's a blue.

For me they both are getting a lot of flack, as though there is a competition to pull apart every bit of each of their games and dissect the flaws to then concoct a solution. The 'he doesn't care' shouts along with allegations of laziness or lacking the strength do get tedious though.

Leon Osman at the Beeb site: "Without Romelu Lukaku, Everton would be struggling for goals and it doesn't surprise me that Ronald Koeman is trying to tie him down to a new contract. He's a lot bigger than me but when I played with him I found myself screaming at him a few times to run a bit harder. You look at him in the second half during the recent win over Arsenal...he puts a shift in. But you wonder why he wasn't doing that before. As a team-mate, you are always wanting him to do more. Playing alongside him, you sometimes want him to use that physicality a bit more."

Osman interview very telling. Sets him up with a nice compliment and comes out with the truth.

His goal today was the type he should score all the time. The other night he took the ball in that position time after time and hit the deck.

As for all the Cantona stuff.... this is Roms 6th season in the prem.... Shearer did 81 goals in his first 3 premier league seasons. 137 in his first 5....

Had more games to do it in and never reached the heights he did after his first 5 seasons if I remember correctly. Not to put the greatest premier league striker ever down.

There is absolutely zero comparison of Rom to him.... just like this cantona 70 goals bollocks. Shearer slowed down after his second cruciate injury.... fair enough. Scored 20+ prem goals in 7 seasons.... did it 3 seasons after these first 5 you speak of.

Cantona was a Beardsley or Dalglish type player who lukaku can't even be mentioned in the same breathe as.

Comparing lukaku to a deep lying genuis like cantona on goals is like saying frank Bruno was better than sugar ray Leonard cos he hit harder..... just nonsense.

He scores a goal that shows his attributes and everyone gets gooey.... it's the same old same old.