IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Is a creative number 10 gonna miraculously take away his need to control a football?

Quite often a number 10 needs to be carried - carrying a play maker and a striker who can't look after the ball? Nah... not ideal.

Nah. It's not ideal... but we obviously need a #10 regardless who is striker. That's been a given for awhile now.

Is a creative number 10 gonna miraculously take away his need to control a football?

Quite often a number 10 needs to be carried - carrying a play maker and a striker who can't look after the ball? Nah... not ideal.

ideally, a comptent number 10 will take the need of holding the ball up and linking up play away from Rom

Don't us a favour... don't quote the "bet against Everton" gobshite, it's the only way I get to see his posts. I had the misfortune of seeing the nob take solace from earning £50 from us losing against liverpool... I've had the melt on ignore for a few weeks so it's been a good place for me.

Earning money on Liverpool beating Everton? Seen it all.

Don't cry Billy, making the rs earn me money is a brilliant piece of business.What did you get from the defeat ?

We know you creep about as an anonymous stalker and check out every inch of the forum in the early hours.Personally I've never seen an Evertonian conduct a hate campaign against an Everton player in the style of your Lukaku obsession, go get some help, all that hate...........£80million buy out fee, and to think you wanted to sell him at a loss only a couple of seasons back!! :rofl:

aha "stuck with him".

Say supporters of a club that had Marcus Bent, Jo and Denis Stracqualursi as players who were there to provide 'goals'.

Happy he's staying, also happy to accept the £80m if someone's daft enough to pay it.

Service please waiter, feed him.

Exactamundo.

The fucking Straq ??

cars, funny topic. when I lived down south most of the guys where trying to make up for the fact they were 5'4" tall and drove monster trucks like Ford F5400 with dual axles in the back and probably got 2 miles per gallon. it was hilarious. I loved stepping out my wagon and seeing these little guys try and climb down off them.

there's a short man syndrome (napoleon complex or whatever they call it), but I find it funny there's not a tall man syndrome. my dad is 6'4" my brother 6'6", I'm 6'2" and my brother says people always ask him do people look small. he says I don't even think about it, they're just people. interesting juxtaposition to most of my interactions with shorter men.

The contract is basically an easy escape route for him in the summer. Nothing more or less. Lukaku wins either way. So do Everton.

I wouldn't say that. it's actually tilted more in our favor. his escape route would have been his current contract with the 60m release or no release. 80m is Gareth Bale money and he's not Bale. I don't know of many teams that could actually afford that either. Bayern, Juve, Real, Barca, United, City, PSG, but the only one I could see him going to is PSG. So really it plays in our favor, we keep him or get a king's ransom.

cars, funny topic. when I lived down south most of the guys where trying to make up for the fact they were 5'4" tall and drove monster trucks like Ford F5400 with dual axles in the back and probably got 2 miles per gallon. it was hilarious. I loved stepping out my wagon and seeing these little guys try and climb down off them.

there's a short man syndrome (napoleon complex or whatever they call it), but I find it funny there's not a tall man syndrome. my dad is 6'4" my brother 6'6", I'm 6'2" and my brother says people always ask him do people look small. he says I don't even think about it, they're just people. interesting juxtaposition to most of my interactions with shorter men.

Local (totally off topic) story for me,

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/donald-trumps-cadillac-is-being-stored-in-a-westcountry-workshop/story-29996572-detail/story.html

Wonder if this is a ploy by his agent to attract offers.

you could be onto something Haf, here's from the press conference:

Everton manager Ronald Koeman admits even if Romelu Lukaku signs a new contract it will not commit his future to the club.

The Belgium striker's agent Mino Raiola on Thursday said the deal was "99.9 per cent done" and, while Koeman claimed he did not know how far advanced the negotiations were, he felt it was a significant development.

He said today: "Even when they sign new contracts, they don't say they will stay until the end of the contract. It is football and business.

"But first of all I think if a new deal is done, that is good news."

you could be onto something Haf, here's from the press conference:

Everton manager Ronald Koeman admits even if Romelu Lukaku signs a new contract it will not commit his future to the club.

The Belgium striker's agent Mino Raiola on Thursday said the deal was "99.9 per cent done" and, while Koeman claimed he did not know how far advanced the negotiations were, he felt it was a significant development.

He said today: "Even when they sign new contracts, they don't say they will stay until the end of the contract. It is football and business.

"But first of all I think if a new deal is done, that is good news."

He's saying even if he signs the contract it doesn't guarantee he'll stay for the full 5 years.

How can you take anything other than that from that statement.

Nowhere does he say he'll be sold in the summer.

He's saying even if he signs the contract it doesn't guarantee he'll stay for the full 5 years.

It's a bit odd though pad.... most managers will be giving it the "we are a team who is building something and we are delighted that he is looking to sign for another 5 years blah blah"

The deal is all about getting a guaranteed sum in for him. It gives lukaku a target "make teams want to pay £80m and I can go"... he's wanted out since he got here. This contract actually gives him a way out.

Pefect for both parties.

Lukaku will need to prove he is worth £80m, agreed not many clubs can pay that so he is limited to where he can go. PSG have always seemed the perfect fit as they can afford him and he would thrive in that league. I cant ever see him going for £80m so i imagine it would be player plus £60m kind of deal.

Koeman just seems a realist to me, not many 'top' players stay at a club for 8 years. He will want to move at some point. Realistically i think next season will be his last unless we acheive Champs League football.

It's a bit odd though pad.... most managers will be giving it the "we are a team who is building something and we are delighted that he is looking to sign for another 5 years blah blah"

The deal is all about getting a guaranteed sum in for him. It gives lukaku a target "make teams want to pay £80m and I can go"... he's wanted out since he got here. This contract actually gives him a way out.

what Haf said. its a very strange reaction to have as a manager, like Haf said most would tout that new contract as they'd locked him up and we're keeping him for life, etc. instead he's saying new contracts don't mean anything today, he could be gone whenever. kinda a dour way to announce a new signing because Walsh might have said we're just doing this to get more cash out of the sale, he's not staying.

I haven't watched the press conference but maybe he was asked if the signing of the contract will mean Lukaku will be here for years yet. And we all know Koeman just gives honest answers, whether it's what we want to hear or not.

Anyone watched it to see what he was responding to?

reporter "what does that mean, even these days like when Liverpool signed suarez and then he was sold". so koeman just riffs on that players can leave anytime now.

nothing in it then.