IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

You're pissing into the wind Bailey mate

I know but Im stuck inside tonight and I need to amuse myself somehow :)

An easy ball from the defence? We weren't passing it to him... unfortunately the situation was that United had committed men forward to try and get an equaliser which meant we were clearing our lines - which meant lukaku needed to put some hard yards in to take some stress off the defence.... he didn't do it.

When he did have the ball he was taking ridiculous shots from 25 yards and giving possession straight back.

When they won the penalty it came from lukaku on a 2 v 2 losing the ball.

I'm getting really tired of repeating very valid points about these games. His performance was inexcusable so why try to excuse it?

As for today... I don't think I've seen a player head fresh air so many times in 90 minutes. There was a great opportunity to score and he allowed names Collins to win the header.... zero desire yet again.

We and especially Williams had plenty of chances to play simple long balls into Rom but they couldnt put it within 20 yards of him. I said it at the time as well. At one point, Williams had the ball at his feet, Rom made 3 runs. 1 short, then he span to get in behind and then he moved from left to right across the front of the defender and into the channel. What does Williams do, he floats a ball 20 yards behind Rom from where he had just come from. This is one of the games Rom had run his nuts off and stupid stuff like that drains you. He should have been taken off, because he was clearly gassed and you know what mistakes happen. In this scenario, its a valid explanation and I dont understand why you use this example, when you have countless other shite performaces, with valid complaints. In that scenario, those at the back should be getting as much shite as Rom, but they dont as you only see one side of the story.

Today he was terrible, service wasnt good but he wasnt doing enough to help the team either. I agree his desire today was poor, I thought the same with Barkley too. At times he seemed more content to slow the game down and let them reorganise that trying to counter attack them but that is for a different thread. Rom made too may half arsed runs, lazy touches or passes and when he had the chance to put himself about, he let Collins bully him. He struggles when he has lots of bodies around him competing for space. I have said many times before, he isnt a possession striker, and when he gets into those situations his movement needs to be sharp and precise, not slow and languid like it was.

I get that I really do... im just pissed off he hasn't allowed me to enjoy him as much as I should have done.

There is a saying "you can choose your attitude".... never is this showcased more than with this lad.

Personally I think that's debatable (the saying I mean). John McEnroe didn't choose his attitude any more than Mohammed Ali did; nor did Steve Davis, Bjorn Borg, Jonny Wilkinson etc who were laid back types but achieved just as much success.

I'm not usually one to get involved in slamming Rom but he couldn't even win a header today. Granted he had minimal service but what he did do he didn't execute very well.

Tough game.

I agree but nobody else gets slated, why just him. I notice yourself have griped about Rom yet patred Barkley on the back for his poor game saying he'll pick up - nobody can play well every game.

That's not a digbtw Aiden, it's just an example of how Lukaku plays shite (and he did) and everyone leathers him yet other players get walkovers.

They were all shite, nobody should be excused or everybody should be.

Again pad... the big difference between Barkley and lukaku was effort.

When things are getting a bit tough lukaku spends his time moaning and gesturing... why not try and raise his effort levels?

Barkley like the derby never had things coming off for him but he tried - never stopped probing away. Lukaku almost tries to make it look like "what am I supposed to do here?" As if he's playing with a bunch of amateurs and he's above all that.

His attitude stinks.

I agree but nobody else gets slated, why just him. I notice yourself have griped about Rom yet patred Barkley on the back for his poor game saying he'll pick up - nobody can play well every game.

That's not a digbtw Aiden, it's just an example of how Lukaku plays shite (and he did) and everyone leathers him yet other players get walkovers.

Yeah agreed, they were all shite, but Barkley lost the ball many times on the half turn, almost every time looking to go forward. Rom however looked like he couldn't even be arsed to jump for a ball.

Plus I've given Barkley my fair share of flack in the past and he's proved me wrong. I wrote the lad off about 2 seasons ago, so I'm nervous about what I say about him ?

Edited by AidanLewis

Pad don't get drawn into it mate. Your falling for it to.

The match thread, MoM thread and player threads are all full of criticism. It's not just Rom today.

When things are getting a bit tough lukaku spends his time moaning and gesturing... why not try and raise his effort levels?

Barkley like the derby never had things coming off for him but he tried - never stopped probing away. Lukaku almost tries to make it look like "what am I supposed to do here?" As if he's playing with a bunch of amateurs and he's above all that.

His attitude stinks.

Barkley plays in the middle of the park , he is always going to be more involved

When Everton play shite invariably Lukaku gets isolated and gets no service and therefore isn't involved as much , it's got fuck all to do with attitude

To a man every player was crap yesterday, it's ridiculous to keep making Lukaku the scapegoat

Barkley plays in the middle of the park , he is always going to be more involved

When Everton play shite invariably Lukaku gets isolated and gets no service and therefore isn't involved as much , it's got fuck all to do with attitude

To a man every player was crap yesterday, it's ridiculous to keep making Lukaku the scapegoat

He isn't the reason "we" played bad. Many other players were shit. Nothing Barkley "tried" yesterday came off... but I emphasise the "tried" bit.

Lukaku didn't try - yet again. His last 3 away games he has shown absolutely fuck all effort. Liverpool, man United and now west ham.

There was a ball with his name all over it crossed in by holgate I think it was - his jump was like he had a bag of spuds on his back.

West ham are shit at the back but he didn't even test them.

Oh he found the energy to moan at lookman for daring to have a shot though.

His attitude stinks.

100% this on Barkley and Rom comparison. Ross never hides.

100% this on Barkley and Rom comparison. Ross never hides.

Interesting listening to the call in. Loads of pissed off fans - koeman got slated - rightly so. Away from home it's not good enough.

it was mentioned how lukaku "avoided" going for a ball. One was specific because James Collins is the type of centre half lukaku hates facing. Mainly pissed off at him moaning at players despite doing fuck all basically.

You can kid some people some of the time - you can't kid all people all the time.

Anyone who thinks he will stay and honour his 2 years is living in a dream world. He's playing like he's gone already.

All I'm concerned about is who we are replacing him with.

Get Defoe in as an option from the bench plus a high energy, combative goalscorer.

I've already said this and I'm not going to repeat myself over it. If we're playing shite as a team the striker (whoever he is) will look isolated and like he's not doing much.

I've already said this and I'm not going to repeat myself over it. If we're playing shite as a team the striker (whoever he is) will look isolated and like he's not doing much.

:rofl:

I agree that'll be the result for sure. However if Rom is good enough to be up for both awards (as is Kane) and Alli isn't, how can it justifiably be given to him?

How can he be a lesser player so not up for the main award but a better young player :huh:?

(Assuming that Alli wins it of course but I'm damn sure he will, odds are currently 1/8)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39686272

Don't get it myself.

Rom is the best striker we have or will have for years.

But why defend him when this was probably his worst match of the season for effort? Other players were bad, but he was easily the worst.

Stick up for him when he deserves it by all means, but defending him after this makes it seem like a vendetta against a forum player rather than being a fan of his.

The defence tried and kept a clean sheet.

Midfield tried and had possession, but didn't create.

Forwards were shit, each and every one of the starting three.

Mirralas and Lukaku were not just bad, but didn't seem to try at all.

Barkley tried in spells but didn't create and can also be accused of being lazy at times.

Don't get it myself.

Rom is the best striker we have or will have for years.

But why defend him when this was probably his worst match of the season for effort? Other players were bad, but he was easily the worst.

Stick up for him when he deserves it by all means, but defending him after this makes it seem like a vendetta against a forum player rather than being a fan of his.

The defence tried and kept a clean sheet.

Midfield tried and had possession, but didn't create.

Forwards were shit, each and every one of the starting three.

Mirralas and Lukaku were not just bad, but didn't seem to try at all.

Barkley tried in spells but didn't create and can also be accused of being lazy at times.

No ones defending him are they? Everyone has said he was shite but he was no worse than anyone else so why does he get slaughtered yet people say Barkley had a bad game but at least he tried. I'm sorry but to say Lukaku never tried is just ridiculous. Do you think Koeman wouldn't notice this and haul him off. Top striker or not Koeman would not stand for ANY player not trying.

I managed to watch the game again as I recorded it on match choice... had to do double speed a lot of the game which interestingly gives you a good idea as to how the team are playimgbas a unit.

I will categorically say right now that in my opinion Koeman is as culpable as Rom... how he never hauled him off is a joke.

If Rom had been any other player he would have been brought off. But at the end of the day he has a knack of finishing... and no doubt koeman kept him on for that.

Yes he was lazy, yes he actually ducked out of challenges- not just when a great ball was put in for an attempt on goal but numerous times.

I challenge anyone to watch that game again and tell me any different.

There is playing crap (like we seen naismith do on many occassions) and there is not trying (which is never seen naismith do).

£100m? No chance. Kane will probably get golden boot too.

Edited by Hafnia

No ones defending him are they? Everyone has said he was shite but he was no worse than anyone else so why does he get slaughtered yet people say Barkley had a bad game but at least he tried. I'm sorry but to say Lukaku never tried is just ridiculous. Do you think Koeman wouldn't notice this and haul him off. Top striker or not Koeman would not stand for ANY player not trying.

Yes Pad, you are defending him mate.

And I also don't think Koeman would take him off. I think he is trying his damn best to keep him and if that means playing up to him....then that's what he will do as long as there is a chance.

And to be fair mate, Lukaku was in the top two worst players on the pitch. He was worse than the other players.

Can you compare his performance with Masons? or jags, Williams, Steks or others?

There were times where he just watched play pass him by mate.

Yes Pad, you are defending him mate.

And I also don't think Koeman would take him off. I think he is trying his damn best to keep him and if that means playing up to him....then that's what he will do as long as there is a chance.

And to be fair mate, Lukaku was in the top two worst players on the pitch. He was worse than the other players.

Can you compare his performance with Masons? or jags, Williams, Steks or others?

There were times where he just watched play pass him by mate.

I'm not defending him- he was absolute shite on Saturday but so was everyone else. I'm defending none of them. What I'm saying is he shouldn't be singled out over the rest of the team they are all EQUALLY to blame for a bad performance.

I really can't get my head around how some people do not see his "can't be arsed games"

Shall we look at some stats?

Now bear in mind he was marked by james collins or fonte

Collins passed the ball to one of his players 23 times out of 24.... lukaku 7 times out of 19 attempts (only 1 out of 9 in the opposition 3rd). Lookman was on the pitch half the time but completed 14 out of 19 passes. Barkley 51 out of 57 passes completed.

Take ons:- barkley the highest in the team with 3 out of 6... lukaku 0 out of 2.

Aerial duels:-

fonte and Collins... 4/4 and 4/5 respectively... lukaku 3/7.

It paints the picture that I watched.

Completing 1 pass out of 9 in the opposition 3rd is woeful. That is just giving the ball away. His link up play supposedly improved in the eyes of some - not mine. Shocking.

This is why we need a striker who can link up play. All very well being a lethal finisher but when he isn't finishing he isn't contributing.

A PLAYER WHO DEMANDS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL WITH 2 YEARS REMAINING ON HIS CONTRACT WHO WAVES HIS ARMS AROUND ON THE PITCH WHILST DOING FUCK ALL NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND HE WILL GET CRITIQUED.

Edited by Hafnia

I really can't get my head around how some people do not see his "can't be arsed games"

Shall we look at some stats?

Now bear in mind he was marked by james collins or fonte

Collins passed the ball to one of his players 23 times out of 24.... lukaku 7 times out of 19 attempts (only 1 out of 9 in the opposition 3rd). Lookman was on the pitch half the time but completed 14 out of 19 passes. Barkley 51 out of 57 passes completed.

Take ons:- barkley the highest in the team with 3 out of 6... lukaku 0 out of 2.

Aerial duels:-

fonte and Collins... 4/4 and 4/5 respectively... lukaku 3/7.

It paints the picture that I watched.

Completing 1 pass out of 9 in the opposition 3rd is woeful. That is just giving the ball away. His link up play supposedly improved in the eyes of some - not mine. Shocking.

This is why we need a striker who can link up play. All very well being a lethal finisher but when he isn't finishing he isn't contributing.

A PLAYER WHO DEMANDS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL WITH 2 YEARS REMAINING ON HIS CONTRACT WHO WAVES HIS ARMS AROUND ON THE PITCH WHILST DOING FUCK ALL NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND HE WILL GET CRITIQUED.

Don't think anyone is against the criticism, it's more the fact that he is the only one following a shite team performance (it seems, I didn't get to watch the game) who is getting stick

Don't think anyone is against the criticism, it's more the fact that he is the only one following a shite team performance (it seems, I didn't get to watch the game) who is getting stick

Barkley has had some stick... He didn't play well but he at least showed and didn't hide.

The annoying thing is that Rom didn't need to "play well"... He just needed to try. He was up against dog shit defenders who he would batter when he fancied it.

It's almost starting to beg the question:- can he only make an impact if the team play well?

Because let's be honest if he is attempting to pass to a team mate 9 times in the opponents 3rd and 8 of them go to the opposition them it's a problem.... a serious problem.

If one of his teammates had those stats they would be hauled off.