IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

All the talk about Harry Kane having a better team around him is bollocks. He has scored 2 more goals having had one more shot than Rom over the season... He has a higher shots on target percentage too.

Rom is the sole focal point of our attacks... Kane had alli as a second striker who has scored around 20 goals himself. Kane has assisted more goals. Kane has missed 7 games more than Rom.

How can you say it's bollocks when you then go on and contradict yourself by saying Alli has around 20 goals (17 goals, 6 assists)? Eriksen has 8 goals & 13 assists; Son has 14 goals & 5 assists... because they actually have goal threats other than Kane is part of the reason he is able to get more space. Just look at his last goal against us when everyone is stepping off him.

I'm not saying Lukaku is better than Kane or whatever, but if we had more goal-scoring threats then we wouldn't need to make Lukaku our sole point of attack.

And saying that Kane has just about the same number of shots while missing 7 games is in alignment with notion that Spurs create more chances. When Kane was out, Son stepped in and started scoring goals. Simply put, they have more threats than we do.

I actually can't think of a player in our midfield who would start for Spurs. Schniederlin as a DM maybe?

Just watched a load of Kane's goals.

You lot don't watch him much do you.

The amount of goals where he receives the ball, turns and runs forward before hitting the ball into the net from 25 yards is staggering.

Oh by the way, the last player to pass the ball to him what credited with an assist for it to.... must be the way they passed it to him made him turn, stride forward and hit a sweet shot.... amazing assist.

This is where Rom struggles a lot for me. He generally needs it set up for him. Kane can make a goal from nothing.

Rom does it, just not ebough. And this is where Kane is on another level. A. It like Barkley v Ali. We need to give Rom and Ross chance to reach those levels though. If it means creating more for them, then that's what we need to do.

Just got up after a 12hr night shift having a toot on my ecig and a coffee attempting to read some of this but it's making me spin out

A green tea will help slow the spinning. As will just skimming through the posts.

Dunno how you shift guys do this 12hr night malarkey, brrrrrr.

Just watched a load of Kane's goals.

You lot don't watch him much do you.

The amount of goals where he receives the ball, turns and runs forward before hitting the ball into the net from 25 yards is staggering.

Oh by the way, the last player to pass the ball to him what credited with an assist for it to.... must be the way they passed it to him made him turn, stride forward and hit a sweet shot.... amazing assist.

This is where Rom struggles a lot for me. He generally needs it set up for him. Kane can make a goal from nothing.

Rom does it, just not ebough. And this is where Kane is on another level. A. It like Barkley v Ali. We need to give Rom and Ross chance to reach those levels though. If it means creating more for them, then that's what we need to do.

Exactly.... unfortunately a major trophy drought has meant many fans have now started pinning their glory hopes on a wantaway striker with a stinking attitude winning the golden boot.

Quite astonishing really.

Fans are having their loyalty to the club questioned because they aren't supporting a player who has no loyalty to the club.

Couldn't make it up really.

Then to top it off it seems like Kane is having an unfair advantage because he has better players around him.... Despite playing a ridiculous amount of minutes less and quite clearly being able to create scoring chances for himself.

A green tea will help slow the spinning. As will just skimming through the posts.

Dunno how you shift guys do this 12hr night malarkey, brrrrrr.

Seven 12hrs nights on the bounce seven off so it works out alright tbh working nigh on half a year, sadly don't get any extra for nights though in our game

On topic, I saw Kane a few years ago at youth level for England and I thought he looked absolutely dire how's this lad even at that level I'll never know he looked hopeless... Fast forward and the lads becoming the full package

Sanchez has done great considering he's not an out and out striker and the game isn't set out as him being a focal point, Lukaku has to be given credit as his finishing has been superb at times and Kane given the fact he's missed a good chunk of the season

All three have had very good seasons whoever gets the golden boot deserves it as it speaks for itself unlike the team of the year nonsense

Edited by EFC-Paul

Seven 12hrs nights on the bounce seven off so it works out alright tbh working nigh on half a year, sadly don't get any extra for nights though in our game

On topic, I saw Kane a few years ago at youth level for England and I thought he looked absolutely dire how's this lad even at that level I'll never know he looked hopeless... Fast forward and the lads becoming the full package

Sanchez has done great considering he's not an out and out striker and the game isn't set out as him being a focal point, Lukaku has to be given credit as his finishing has been superb at times and Kane given the fact he's missed a good chunk of the season

All three have had very good seasons whoever gets the golden boot deserves it as it speaks for itself unlike the team of the year nonsense

I thought this too.

Didn't he play with our lad, ...

Can't remember his name now. All out pace striker.

Scored a load for England kids due to his pace, and Kane used to come on as a sub.

Now Kane is probably the best striker in the prem and our lad has disappeared.

Trying to think of his name.

Hallam Hope.

Edited by Shukes

He looks like he should be 90.

I think they should refuse to give him the Boot because he's too ugly, it's not a good image for the league to portray. Makes Iain Dowie look like Prince Charming.

Meanwhile Rom is Adonis personified (he should get some silverware for that) :P.

I think they should refuse to give him the Boot because he's too ugly, it's not a good image for the league to portray. Makes Iain Dowie look like Prince Charming.

Meanwhile Rom is Adonis personified (he should get some silverware for that) :P.

It's Lukakus fault Kane has a gob like a bulldog licking puss off a nettle :shaking fist:

Spot on from Koeman (from the Guardian)...

Koeman also said he knew of no update in terms of Romelu Lukaku, the striker who in March told Everton he will not sign the contract extension on offer.

Lukaku, currently on a deal that has just over two years left, has scored 24 league goals this season, which did have him in pole position for the golden boot until Tottenhams Harry Kane netted four times at Leicester on Thursday to take his tally to 26.

Koeman feels Lukaku must improve his game but has praised the 24-year-old Belgian for his scoring efforts, and notably suggested that while Everton need to keep his goals, they could also do with more players who in a season can contribute over five - the amount Barkley has netted in the league this term.

Koeman said of Lukaku: Even if he doesnt win the golden boot, 24 goals is a good number.

He can improve - he knows that by himself. He is just 24 years old and he can improve, and needs to in several aspects, as a nine, as a target man - to keep the ball better, be stronger and do better pressing in front. But that is what we work on to improve.

What we need is to keep his goals and find more players to score more than four or five in one season.

Spot on from Koeman (from the Guardian)...

Koeman also said he knew of no update in terms of Romelu Lukaku, the striker who in March told Everton he will not sign the contract extension on offer.

Lukaku, currently on a deal that has just over two years left, has scored 24 league goals this season, which did have him in pole position for the golden boot until Tottenhams Harry Kane netted four times at Leicester on Thursday to take his tally to 26.

Koeman feels Lukaku must improve his game but has praised the 24-year-old Belgian for his scoring efforts, and notably suggested that while Everton need to keep his goals, they could also do with more players who in a season can contribute over five - the amount Barkley has netted in the league this term.

Koeman said of Lukaku: Even if he doesnt win the golden boot, 24 goals is a good number.

He can improve - he knows that by himself. He is just 24 years old and he can improve, and needs to in several aspects, as a nine, as a target man - to keep the ball better, be stronger and do better pressing in front. But that is what we work on to improve.

What we need is to keep his goals and find more players to score more than four or five in one season.

Err this is the Lukaku thread.... that article said nothing about Kane, get back on subject and stop hijacking!

I've been decorating my lads room all day. I have painted it light grey and eggshell on the skirts. I'll be wallpapering a wall in it on Sunday as I'm taking them to the baths tomorrow.

Oooooooooh interesting. I thought skirts only came in gloss white. How did you perform such sorcery?

Must be a teenager is he, or nearly...the grey is the colour of the growing boy!

Oooooooooh interesting. I thought skirts only came in gloss white. How did you perform such sorcery?

Must be a teenager is he, or nearly...the grey is the colour of the growing boy!

That's your tennis player fantasy coming out again Newts, Freudian slip :lol:.

519yYRzV1%2BL._SY450_.jpg

Please elaborate.

Whilst I'm no "could have been".... I wasn't good enough full stop. I played as a striker as a younger player.... all out pace, reasonable skill and below average finisher. But was very strong on the ball.

Essentially I was a brainless player.... played sunday league till 13 and all the other kids grew and I was left behind sizewise... played at school with some lads who were very very good. I focused on golf and started playing footy again at 21 for a Sunday league side.

Amazingly i played at an instantly highish level.... pure pace and athleticism, average finishing. Same as when 13.

I was taken under the wing of someone who played for Everton till he was 15 and he was slow.... very slow. But unbelievably clever with a great touch and was a finisher - was a striker. Basically he showed me the stuff I never would have found out myself. Positioning - decoy runs, how to take a ball in certain situations... absolute education. I then moved to midfield as a DM after being a second striker who did the link up play etc.

I'll be the first to admit I'm no able critic of a defender.... I've said this time and time again. But yeah I know a decent striker when I see one. Movement is 70% of chance creation IMO.

I liked the look of Danny ings before he got injured... some players stand out for pure intelligence. If it wasn't for the one to one tuition I got off my team mate if be in the dark about those elements of play. But yeah I can see strikers who are clever.

I dare say the coaches at Everton do work with Rom on his movement but like his finishing I think he goes on instinct over anything else. He gets caught offside far too often and it's laziness.

Edited by Hafnia

It's had new skirts all round so normal undercoat then eggshell on top- dries in 2 hours is water based so no need for turps/mess and stays crisp white much longer. I'll never use gloss again.

Indeed he's 10 so not quite a teenager but growing fast.

Kane and Rom both great forwards who bring different qualities to their respective teams. I've also seen both have off days. With Ali I do think Kane has a lot of pressure taken off him and is also afforded more space with defenders preoccupied with Ali. Definitely Kane is allowed more space than Rom.

Spot on.

Not just Alli though - Eriksson and Son too. Even Rose and Walker. Dembele and Wanyama control the possession and tempo of most games too - they're an excellent team. They dominate teams more often than we do and score a hell of a lot more goals than us. Of course Lukaku would do well as a striker for them. As well as Kane? That's impossible to say.

Teddy Sherringham says if you are in a good position stay still and wait for the ball to come to you.

Fuck movement!

Just a bit of devils advocate.

To get in a good position in the first place takes movement either by the player himself or a team mate who drags a player away... that good position changes to a bad position when the defenders do something about it ... then you move.

Of course you aren't going to move from a good position until it becomes a bad one.... it's fluid.

Am i seriously explaining this?

Edited by Hafnia