IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

What was everyone panicking for? New he'd sign :lol:

In all seriousness though I don't get this "28 million yokes" line of thinking. He's easily worth that IN TODAYS MARKET. Obviously no player is worth that money but in todays market... Lallana 25, Loven 20, Shaw 32 need I go on? 28 million for a /1 year old proven premier league striker is not too much money in todays market. He'll be worth close to double that in 4 years.

Excellent piece of business from the club. Hat tipped to all involved

Amayzing work! Very proud of our club! Il probly get bashed for saying this but well done to kenwright for backing our manager. Our current squad value is probly the highest it has ever been in the clubs history! Love how young everyone is aswell

I don't see why; even the board's biggest haters couldn't fail to see they've done good work here. At least I'd hope that to be the case!

What was everyone panicking for? New he'd sign :lol:

In all seriousness though I don't get this "28 million yokes" line of thinking. He's easily worth that IN TODAYS MARKET. Obviously no player is worth that money but in todays market... Lallana 25, Loven 20, Shaw 32 need I go on? 28 million for a /1 year old proven premier league striker is not too much money in todays market. He'll be worth close to double that in 4 years.

Excellent piece of business from the club. Hat tipped to all involved

Yeap, he's a proven international player, Shaw and lallana aren't! Lovern is the only settled international

I think lukaku does have some work to do and will do well to take mourinhos comments on board. I think the crux of it is that lukaku didn't want the competition for places, at Everton he is clearly number 1 striker, but I'm afraid that he has another thing coming if he thinks he will get carte blanche.

Naismith, Kone, and a few kids will be aiming for their chances up front, Rom can't get complacent. As in the world cup, we seen how petulant he can be when things don't go his way.

Let's hope he hits the ground running, has a solid season and breaks the 20 goal Mark.

I think lukaku does have some work to do and will do well to take mourinhos comments on board. I think the crux of it is that lukaku didn't want the competition for places, at Everton he is clearly number 1 striker, but I'm afraid that he has another thing coming if he thinks he will get carte blanche.

Naismith, Kone, and a few kids will be aiming for their chances up front, Rom can't get complacent. As in the world cup, we seen how petulant he can be when things don't go his way.

Let's hope he hits the ground running, has a solid season and breaks the 20 goal Mark.

That's an excellent post to be fair. We all know he has what it takes it's down to him now to get his mindset right. One thing for sure though, he has a point to prove to Jose.

fMVptLp.jpg

As I stated, it's hardly a robust statistic to establish his status amongst the world's elite.

He scored 35 or so for anderlecht from 16 whilst the others were playing for clubs competing at a higher level.

There could be someone 17 years old who bangs in 30 goals a season for TNS in the Welsh league.

It looks a really impressive stat till you scratch beneath the surface. Don't wanna piss on bonfires and stuff as it's been a big signing and many young fans probably feel like I did when we signed kanchelskis.

Haf, he will only get better. I'm positive of that. 100% convinced, he WILL get better.

I agree, I think the biggest factor in getting better is physical stamina, asserting himself more and improving his focus.

As I've stated before, I don't think he's technically all there and probably will not get his touch etc up to a desired level.

But I do think he is a 20 goal a season striker. Will he become a £50m rated player? Not for me no, but I do think he will always be worth £18m plus.

He will likely continue to amaze and frustrate and in latter weeks a £20m plus fee is not so ridiculous.

I just think some people can lose sight of the fact that he has got lots to improve on and has a lot of hard work ahead of him.

As I stated, it's hardly a robust statistic to establish his status amongst the world's elite.

He scored 35 or so for anderlecht from 16 whilst the others were playing for clubs competing at a higher level.

There could be someone 17 years old who bangs in 30 goals a season for TNS in the Welsh league.

It looks a really impressive stat till you scratch beneath the surface. Don't wanna piss on bonfires and stuff as it's been a big signing and many young fans probably feel like I did when we signed kanchelskis.

Same counts for Agüero, so we do have a compareable situation there :P They're both at 65. Do we have the new Agüero?

"Mr Martínez will be one of the top managers in the world and to play under him now, and for such wonderful fans, is an honour. We have a lot of young players who want to be part of one of the best teams in England."

That indicates a real vision for the future and genuine excitement and ambition among the younger players. :)

I agree that 28 million is probably good value for Lukes, my issue is how on earth do we manage to pay it? Certain that it's with add ons, but you add on his wages, then Ross' and Barry's and it all adds up to serious £££. You've got to speculate to accumulate and show some intent and all that, but I just worry that we will 'do a Leeds'.

Same counts for Agüero, so we do have a compareable situation there :P They're both at 65. Do we have the new Agüero?

Aguero played for independiente in a league against clubs like Boca, river plate, a league ranked as the 7th toughest in world football....

Basically there is little basis to make a sound comparison.

Aguero played for independiente in a league against clubs like Boca, river plate, a league ranked as the 7th toughest in world football....

Come on Haf, stop sulking. This is a fantastic signing and to score that many goals by the age of 21 is a great achievement. He's only going to get better. Technically he will improve and at present it's his first touch and passing that lacks. It can be worked on.

I don't rate them much better than the JPL at all. Boca and River Plate are (were) not better than Anderlecht or Standard.

Edited by Mirallas

Come on Haf, stop sulking. This is a fantastic signing and to score that many goals by the age of 21 is a great achievement. He's only going to get better. Technically he will improve and at present it's his first touch and passing that lacks. It can be worked on.

Not sulking, as I've said elsewhere I'm ok with this and hope he goes on to justify his fee.

It's all these posters with Aguero, Rooney etc etc number of goals by the age of 21.

I'm pretty certain I could find similar stats that make Richard Wright the best 21 year old keeper at his time given his strong early years s breaking into Ipswich first 11 at 18 years old.

I'd sooner just say he has the physical attributes to become a very good player. These pictures and stats just look like a 12 year old has been let loose on paint shop.

In the cold light of day scoring 35 goals in the jupiler league as a physically mature 16-18 year old does not compare to agueros feats doing it in the argentinian league and then in the Spanish league.

Let's just get on with wishing the lad a good and productive pre season, let's see if he can become one of the top 3 goal scorers next season and I'll happily put a poster up of that one.

I don't rate them much better than the JPL at all. Boca and River Plate are (were) not better than Anderlecht or Standard.

The Argentina league is far superior, absolutely no question. The defenders are so much stronger and physical. There is no comparison.

Either way, not arsed with carrying this on. If the stats that were posted on that rosta were relevant and critical in assessing a players ability then Alan Shearer should have been crap.

Rom is ours now, people can't take the piss out of us, we have stumped up a large wad of cash, let's enjoy watching him justify it.