IGNORED

James Vaughan

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be ridiculous if no other striker comes in now. All it needs is for a hefty injury to either Saha or Beckford and we are screwed.

Its more or less a given that Saha wont be fit for every game in our run in and nor Vic so that would leave us with Beckford and Cahill/Fellaini...

This is frankly getting beyond pathetic...

Six goals in six years since his opener against Palace.

Six years sounds a far better case for the prosecution rather than 47 games....

Regardless "impact" being the operative word, the lad defends from the front, works hard and presses the defenders. Tevez? Kitson? Kevin Doyle... They relieve their teams of so much pressure and force errors.

Last twenty minutes tonight we were allowing them to attack us, defenders bringing the ball out with ease. So yeah - Vaughan would have been a great option IMO

Edited by Hafnia2

Six years, forty-seven games, seven goals. Says it all whether you're prosecution or defence.

Hard to have an impact from the treatment room sadly.

Come on! Seven goals in six years in not giving a fair appraisal of the lad, to get a real view you need goals/minutes played - which I believe would not be bad at all. His bottle to take a penalty in the semi final of the FA Cup told me alot about his character - you would want him in the trenches with you.

Injury free with his raw pace, aggression and what I believe is a good strikers instinct he has the makings of a top striker, he may have lost alot of development, but there is a good player there IMO.

Comments from palace fans:

Vaughan down he took his goal brilliantly he ran his socks off tonight!

Vaughan- a class act and a class goal. Also brought down in the box after good hold up play which would have led to sending off and penalty. Mom

vaughan: thank goodness we have already arranged the fee.

what a player. 9 more to go for my prediction to come true.

best striker since AJ. first point away from home since??

already is on the Andy Carroll scale

Completely agree. A class apart. Not sure how many he will get but if he stays fit we have a fighting chance of staying up

Vaughn 7 MOM (took his goal well, he could keep us up)

Also, I should really add that James Vaughan, for a man who only had one real chance all game took his goal superbly

We started poorly and should have been 2-0 down before we scored but we hung in there and Vaughan scored a beauty. Great pace, power and finish - exactly what we've been missing for so much this season.

theres more but you get the picture...

Edited by Hafnia2

Six goals in six years since his opener against Palace.

Very harsh... Considering the way Moyes makes subs, a lot of his games will be 1 or 2 mins or he would be brought on when we are ahead and trying to sit back and run the clock down.

Six years sounds a far better case for the prosecution rather than 47 games....

Regardless "impact" being the operative word, the lad defends from the front, works hard and presses the defenders. Tevez? Kitson? Kevin Doyle... They relieve their teams of so much pressure and force errors.

Last twenty minutes tonight we were allowing them to attack us, defenders bringing the ball out with ease. So yeah - Vaughan would have been a great option IMO

Exactly. He is a good young player with a lot of heart and bottle. He might not be the best but at least you know he gives a crap. Would have liked to see him and Beckford get a run out together, or with Vic.

I hope he goes on to score hatfuls at Palace and manages to get a regular playing contract at a Prem club as thats what he deserves.

I don't think he'll ever be a (successful) premier league striker sadly....time will tell :) .

I think there are a few teams in the Prem right now that could do with someone like Vaughan.

Blackpool, Wigan, Newcastle (to an extent), West Ham and potentially West Brom and Blackburn.

Im also surprised none of them (especially Wigan) wouldnt take a punt on Duffy. Some of them are crying out for a big strong commanding defender, and while it represents a risk because of his age he is already miles better than the calamatous Caldwells.

I like Vaughan a lot from what little I've seen but I have a question about Vic. I may get slammed for saying this, but he just honestly doesn't look like he's an overly talented player compared with many of our other wingers/forwards.... I don't see why he keeps getting so much time. Surely Gueye shows more potential on the wing than Vic does? Vic just seems nothing but average to me.

I like Vaughan a lot from what little I've seen but I have a question about Vic. I may get slammed for saying this, but he just honestly doesn't look like he's an overly talented player compared with many of our other wingers/forwards.... I don't see why he keeps getting so much time. Surely Gueye shows more potential on the wing than Vic does? Vic just seems nothing but average to me.

Ive said it before, Vic has watched the Yak play for too long but didnt pay attention to the finishing. He is big and strong, but he is stroppy and goes down too easily. If we could sell him I would. I hope he proves me wrong though, this is certainly the time for him to prove himself.

vics a great impact player as he proved in europe a couple seasons ago..i personally think he will come good and be able to lead the line from the off but he certainly doesn't do himself any favours..he isn't a talented enough finisher to be anything like the yak in terms of work rate

vics a great impact player as he proved in europe a couple seasons ago..i personally think he will come good and be able to lead the line from the off but he certainly doesn't do himself any favours..he isn't a talented enough finisher to be anything like the yak in terms of work rate

i really dont see it. He had a couple of good 20min appearances off the bench 2-3 years ago but has done nothing since. I know he has been injured but i dont see the talent required. He is very strong but thats about it. JV has strength, speed, technique and can score! If it comes down to it Id rather sell Vic than Vaughn

Edited by Matt

i really dont see it. He had a couple of good 20min appearances off the bench 2-3 years ago but has done nothing since. I know he has been injured but i dont see the talent required. He is very strong but thats about it. JV has strength, speed, technique and can score! If it comes down to it Id rather sell Vic than Vaughn

This - Vaughan looks more comfortable on the ball, i get nerious when Vic is on the ball.

i prefer vic on the ball myself..i get nervous that vaughan might get cramp and be out for 2 months...vic can just bulldoze through people..hasn't done it much of late but he needs confidence..i just feel he plays well in a team that is playing well and sadly won't drag you out of the shit..which is what i mean about the finishin..yakubu can score when playing shite but i don't think vic could