IGNORED

James Vaughan

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vic seems to be improving slowly, suffered a really bad injury last season, that didn't help.He's a long way from the finished item, but he has a chance.A four year contract seems to prove he's showing well in training, what else could the contract extension be based on.

Vaughan was blessed with an eye for a goal, blistering pace, strength and very soft bones.

I'd keep them both, they are both still young-ish, don't give up on them yet.

Vic seems to be improving slowly, suffered a really bad injury last season, that didn't help.He's a long way from the finished item, but he has a chance.A four year contract seems to prove he's showing well in training, what else could the contract extension be based on.

Vaughan was blessed with an eye for a goal, blistering pace, strength and very soft bones.

I'd keep them both, they are both still young-ish, don't give up on them yet.

Both have potential, but I wish Vaughan could get some time with us. Best case scenario is that Vaughan has an incredibly successful season with Palace, then lights it up in Summer pre-season games, and gets some time.

A four year contract seems to prove he's showing well in training, what else could the contract extension be based on.

Personally, I was hoping it was based on him being on a longer contract would mean we could get a decent wedge for him.

He's useless upfront and is OK on the wing. If he's ever a regular starter for us in either position then our squad will have dropped in standard massively.

Edited by Romey 1878

Personally, I was hoping it was based on him being on a longer contract would mean we could get a decent wedge for him.

He's useless upfront and is OK on the wing. If he's ever a regular starter for us in either position then our squad will have dropped in standard massively.

bingo, all to avoid another Goose scenario...

Apparently he was awesome today full of running and their defenders were struggling to cope with him! Glad hes doing well he deserves a break!

Maybe he has found his level then? as you said im glad he is doing well and long may it continue.

• 2 months later...

I wouldnt go that far now! lets be honest neither is good enough to move us forward

JV scores goals, Vic doesnt. JV does purposeful running and can stay on his feet, Vic doesnt. JV isnt scoring at will but at least he scores.

JV has also managed a lot of games this season, i never thought he could manage 30 games, more than our strikers have managed.

id rather play him than beckford or victor.

if his injury problems are behind him i wouldnt let him go anywhere.

Its such a shame he looks like he is going. Like it has been said in here, he is miles better than Vic and imo he is better than Beckford. He is pretty decent in the air, has good strength, is quick and has an eye for goal if you give him a chance. He clearly loves the club as well and after proving he can stay fit and have an impact for a club on loan, he should be given a shot at the 1st team next year.

The fee we get in will be an absolute pittance for what he could be worth.

If/when he does go, I wish him all the best and I hope he bangs in some goals (even if it is against us - as long as we win in the end!)

well he is on his way back after today so he may get an appearance for us before the season is out, agree he is better than Beckford and Vic in both attitude and ability but IMO none of the 3 are what we need to move us forward.

Edited by scouse

• 3 weeks later...

i will be gutted if we let him go, but i think it will happen. Follow him on twitter, and he NEVER talks about everton, or wishes them luck (even wishing huddersfield town good luck etc ahead of us!)

i can understand why they dont wanna offer him a new contract, but i still think he can be a big impact player off the bench, he has such good finishing ability.

PS saha cant stop raving about victor, he thinks he is unplayable when he has his head on...

i will be gutted if we let him go, but i think it will happen. Follow him on twitter, and he NEVER talks about everton, or wishes them luck (even wishing huddersfield town good luck etc ahead of us!)

i can understand why they dont wanna offer him a new contract, but i still think he can be a big impact player off the bench, he has such good finishing ability.

PS saha cant stop raving about victor, he thinks he is unplayable when he has his head on...

Lol Ive got to admit he has a point, I would never play him either!

Sorry but call it sentiment but with vaughan in for a penny in for a pound. He has stuck doggedly at trying to regain fitness and we have stuck by him, I see enough in him to suggest he can play his part for us. I think selling for £2.5m is not worth it. Would rather we keep him and allow him pre season to see what he can do. If he has lost too much then yep let him go for round about the price thats been bandied round.

I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the news.

I think £2.5M for an injury prone player who is out of contract is a good bit of business

Good luck to the lad and I hope he makes it in the Pem but he has had plenty of chances at Everton and he just keeps breaking down

Agree with you on that one Dunc!