IGNORED

Loic Remy

Guest efctaxi

He is an option we should be looking at.

Proven premiership scorer. And at £8mill? My word, we should be sniffing!!!

As for any reputation, we only know what is 'fed' to us. If Roberto has any concerns, he's clever enough to steer clear.

SSN: Sources close to France international Loic Remy are claiming that the QPR striker has already held transfer talks with both Liverpool and Arsenal. Remy's Loftus Road contract runs until summer 2017 but he is widely expected to move on this summer after a successful loan spell at Newcastle last season. Remy was in the Emirates Stadium stands at the end of the season to watch Arsenal beat West Brom 1-0.

Looks like we need to get in there if we want him, I trust Bobby though in whatever he decides to do, has not got one poor signing so far for us.

SSN: Sources close to France international Loic Remy are claiming that the QPR striker has already held transfer talks with both Liverpool and Arsenal. Remy's Loftus Road contract runs until summer 2017 but he is widely expected to move on this summer after a successful loan spell at Newcastle last season. Remy was in the Emirates Stadium stands at the end of the season to watch Arsenal beat West Brom 1-0.

Looks like we need to get in there if we want him, I trust Bobby though in whatever he decides to do, has not got one poor signing so far for us.

If he's had talks with those clubs we've got no chance.

Hmm not too sure about that to be honest ( Kone, Alcaraz, Robles and Traore haven't exactly been huge success stories )

Hmm not too sure about that to be honest ( Kone, Alcaraz, Robles and Traore haven't exactly been huge success stories )

Cant agree with that. Kone has been practically ruled out all season with a bad injury so cannot judge him on that, next season will determine if he has been a poor buy. Alcaraz was a free transfer and has provided good cover when needed, he played 3-4 games on the bounce and looked solid then got injured and hasnt had a consistent run of games to get back to playing, can't expect a player to be brilliant after no game time (Heitenga was prime exmaple, he needed a run of games to get to his best), Alcaraz was free and on a low wage, provides cover when the first choice are injured, not a world beater but not a bad buy for free. Robles i admit i am not entirely convinced however he is still a young keeper who will get better and for the nominal fee he cost and low wages he is on, i believe he will be a shrewd buy in the future, excellent for Wigan and practically won them the cup with some of his displays, hasnt really been given a chance (except the cups) due to Howards excellent form. Troare played one game, scored and then was injured, how can that be judged as a poor bit of business? You could sign Messi and he could get injured for a season, cant judge players who havnt had a full run in the team or being unluckily injured. Lukaku, McGeady, Gerry,McCarthy, Barry have all been shrewd business and accompanied with the others mentioned I think we can all be confident in whoever Martinez signs.

One is an understudy goalkeeper, one is a striker who has been injured who scored more goals than any of our strikers lasty year for a relegated side, Alcaraz effectively replaced Heitinga for free on less wages and who when fit and called upon has looked solid. Traore has also been injured.

If we are going to use injuries as a criteria to criticise a players ability then its a little harsh IMO. 4 squad players - total expenditure £6.8m... not bad.

Guest blueboy122

One is an understudy goalkeeper, one is a striker who has been injured who scored more goals than any of our strikers lasty year for a relegated side, Alcaraz effectively replaced Heitinga for free on less wages and who when fit and called upon has looked solid. Traore has also been injured.

If we are going to use injuries as a criteria to criticise a players ability then its a little harsh IMO. 4 squad players - total expenditure £6.8m... not bad.

Definitely great business to be fair. We paid slightly more than I wanted for Kone however he may prove to be a big of a bargain next season.

Alcaraz has looked decent when he has played but he is never fit. His injury record was poor at Wigan so it's not exactly come as a surprise

Traore, ignoring the fact he looked woeful in his small cameo, was also injured when we brought him in and has hardly liked a ball for us. I couldn't understand the point on signing an injured player at that point in the season and I am totally bewildered as to why we didn't send him straight back as soon as he got injured again

Kone I have just never really rated, think he is ok but that's about it and to pay £6m for him at his age was too much

They may have only cost £6-8m to sign but add the wages on top of that and think how many games they've played and suddenly they start to look quite expensive

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Alcaraz has looked decent when he has played but he is never fit. His injury record was poor at Wigan so it's not exactly come as a surprise

Traore, ignoring the fact he looked woeful in his small cameo, was also injured when we brought him in and has hardly liked a ball for us. I couldn't understand the point on signing an injured player at that point in the season and I am totally bewildered as to why we didn't send him straight back as soon as he got injured again

Kone I have just never really rated, think he is ok but that's about it and to pay £6m for him at his age was too much

They may have only cost £6-8m to sign but add the wages on top of that and think how many games they've played and suddenly they start to look quite expensive

There was always the injury risk with Alcaraz but you cant blame Martinez for the injury to Kone and the 2nd injury to Traore. The latter was on loan and given that we did keep him, I would be fairly confident in thinking that his wages either werent high.

Robles has been shaky which I am a little surprised about because he was good for Wigan last season. I think he will come good eventually but again your talking about a squad player on the cheap who has done what he has had to when he has come into the team.

If we had shelled out a big price for each player or paid high wages for any of them then I would agree, but we arent and given the quality/expense of the players we released in order to bring these guys in I think he has done pretty well overall. Solid without being anything more than that.

I understand what Martinez did at the start of the season, and fully endorse it. He took over a squad of players who never had a recognized striker, as jelavic was litterally suffering the yips after being turned into a zombie by moyes.

Alacaraz:- Martinez knew how good he was as a defender and he is a very good defender. Stats prove how effective he was and yes his injuries allowed us to deduce that Wigan struggled when he wasn't fit. Reality is he is a low cost coverage.

Robles:- at one stage it was a close call between him and De gea at his parent club. He won an fa cup winners medal, kept al habsi out of goal and cost £600k... Plenty of potential.

Kone:- for me I wasn't excited about the signing, yeah he wasn't the free kick taking striker who does over head kicks and all 15 year old kids have pictures on their walls. But in all honesty for what money we had, what we needed he fitted the bill and still will.

Good pace, skillful, strong right foot, holds the ball up. He's like the player we all wanted Anichebe to be but moan about because he cost the same as what we sold the other for but he can't be sold for a profit.....

Toure:- Errr hasn't cost anything bar wages, let's see after he's had more than 70 minutes.

I could mention McCarthy, lukaku, deulofeu, Barry but considering I'm having to argue the toss as to why lukaku isn't worth £20m I think it's safe to say a 3m loan deal was ok business.

I understand what Martinez did at the start of the season, and fully endorse it. He took over a squad of players who never had a recognized striker, as jelavic was litterally suffering the yips after being turned into a zombie by moyes.

Alacaraz:- Martinez knew how good he was as a defender and he is a very good defender. Stats prove how effective he was and yes his injuries allowed us to deduce that Wigan struggled when he wasn't fit. Reality is he is a low cost coverage.

Robles:- at one stage it was a close call between him and De gea at his parent club. He won an fa cup winners medal, kept al habsi out of goal and cost £600k... Plenty of potential.

Kone:- for me I wasn't excited about the signing, yeah he wasn't the free kick taking striker who does over head kicks and all 15 year old kids have pictures on their walls. But in all honesty for what money we had, what we needed he fitted the bill and still will.

Good pace, skillful, strong right foot, holds the ball up. He's like the player we all wanted Anichebe to be but moan about because he cost the same as what we sold the other for but he can't be sold for a profit.....

Toure:- Errr hasn't cost anything bar wages, let's see after he's had more than 70 minutes.

I could mention McCarthy, lukaku, deulofeu, Barry but considering I'm having to argue the toss as to why lukaku isn't worth £20m I think it's safe to say a 3m loan deal was ok business.

I could mention cheesecake and apple crumble but that would be irrelevant as well. Nobody is saying Martinez hasn't made any good signings. What I'm saying is that there have been some poor ones as well, just like any other manager

I have absolutely no idea how much money Traore is on but whatever it is it's been a wasted wage seeing as though he has only played 70 minutes

I'm not blaming Roberto for any player getting injured whilst playing for Everton I'm just questioning the wisdom of signing an injured player at that stage of the season. Especially one that has never played in the Prem and so would likely need time to bed in anyway

Well said. Traore is the odd one. We needed another option, especially with Lukaku getting injured, and I can only imagine the medical staff said he would be fit quickly enough (which he was) and they werent expecting him to get injured again.

• 2 years later...