IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Spot the deliberate mistake on the beeb..

End-of-innings scorecard

England 333-7 dec (86 overs): West Indies need 238 to win

Ballance 122, Root 59, Buttler 59 not out

Fall of wickets: 15-1 (Trott 4), 20-2 (Cook 13), 52-3 (Bell 11), 166-4 (Root 59), 226-5 (Stokes 35), 281-6 (Ballance 122), 333-7 (Jordan 13); Not-out batsman: Buttler 59*

Bowling figures: Taylor 14-5-42-2, Roach 14-1-53-1, Holder 17-5-63-1, Benn 26-3-115-2, Samuels 15-0-53-0

First innings: England 399; West Indies 295

I've got a feeling once West Ham move to that stadium they're going to be bought out and boom like Man City.

That's exactly why their owners were so desperate to get into that stadium.

I'd say I wish we had an opportunity like that but we probably wouldn't have had the £15m to put in that West Ham had to. We're only interested in 100% hand outs.

I'd say I wish we had an opportunity like that but we probably wouldn't have had the £15m to put in that West Ham had to. We're only interested in 100% hand outs.

Enough to make you fume at the clowns in control of our club. I could handle watching Man City undergo their massive transformation, their fans have stuck with them through thick and thin and they are a proper club.

Watching West Ham go through the same would really annoy me.

Can't blame them though can you, free brand new stadium (well practically free) City got the Commonwealth stadium and the rest is historty.

If Liverpool got a purpose built stadium for the Olympics or such we'd most definitely be in line to move in.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32399291

Another Wham story, but good on them. I really hope this forces the other teams to do the same

Genius business decision - lower the price, make attandance more affordable, build up the brand, build up the "support numbers" - from there more attendance = more marketing exposure = better sponsorship = more commercial revenue.

The sad reality is now people have very simple decisions to make. Day at the footy costing £120 for Dad and Lad - or £120 towards mortgage and other essentials and watch the game on foreign TV feed.

If Everton were positioned in and around £20 for adult and £10 for junior in an accessible stadium we would likely see 70,000 for top category games - I have no doubt about that.

Personally I have had my car done in twice whilst attending a match, and my brother the same. Proper parking is a must for us. There needs to be no restricted views, accessible refreshements etc etc

We are in real danger of being left behind.

Can't blame them though can you, free brand new stadium (well practically free) City got the Commonwealth stadium and the rest is historty.

If Liverpool got a purpose built stadium for the Olympics or such we'd most definitely be in line to move in.

My point is that we'd still fuck it up, just like Kings Dock, because of our owners.

My point is that we'd still fuck it up, just like Kings Dock, because of our owners.

Sorry mate, I missed that.

Yep, you're probably right. I don't want to start a Kenwright debate but under him I think we're safe but destined for mediocrity.

Do you take a chance on a new owner in the hope the grass is greener? For me the only time we should do that is if we had a Sheik or an Abramovic.

No point selling to someone who's going to initially pump a set amount in then be just as restricted financially as the current owners.

We could do with a re-structure and re-vamp of our marketing side etc though.

Sorry mate, I missed that.

Yep, you're probably right. I don't want to start a Kenwright debate but under him I think we're safe but destined for mediocrity.

Do you take a chance on a new owner in the hope the grass is greener? For me the only time we should do that is if we had a Sheik or an Abramovic.

No point selling to someone who's going to initially pump a set amount in then be just as restricted financially as the current owners.

We could do with a re-structure and re-vamp of our marketing side etc though.

We need a new CEO. If we had someone who could build a business model and implement it properly, rather than trying to bullshit their way through poor deals (in comparison with the competition), we'd be much more attractive. Trouble is, Suntan Bob has tied us into too many shite deals which will put investors off, probably more so than the old stadium!

We need a new CEO. If we had someone who could build a business model and implement it properly, rather than trying to bullshit their way through poor deals (in comparison with the competition), we'd be much more attractive. Trouble is, Suntan Bob has tied us into too many shite deals which will put investors off, probably more so than the old stadium!

This is it for me - I think you sent me a job description for a role at Everton, and a colleague also had a job description for a pretty senior role. They pay peanuts, the job description was woolly - just unprofessional.

How are we going to grow commercially with such an inept infrastructure?

I just don't think we will have anything to get excited about whilst Kenwright and Co havea CEO who seems to make it up as he goes along.

I know Romey is from the wirral - try popping into the seven stars (Thornton Hough), you may see someone you recognise who could prob able to tell you some things, not that he will, i'm sure the £££ made sure of that.

This is it for me - I think you sent me a job description for a role at Everton, and a colleague also had a job description for a pretty senior role. They pay peanuts, the job description was woolly - just unprofessional.

How are we going to grow commercially with such an inept infrastructure?

I just don't think we will have anything to get excited about whilst Kenwright and Co havea CEO who seems to make it up as he goes along.

I know Romey is from the wirral - try popping into the seven stars (Thornton Hough), you may see someone you recognise who could prob able to tell you some things, not that he will, i'm sure the £££ made sure of that.

That does sound interesting!

For me, the problem isn't so much Kenwright. He gets all the stick because he's the face of the board - partly his own fault because he does court the attention (when things are going well anyway). But, we know he hasn't got the money to put into Everton. The other board members though? They certainly have and still haven't put a penny into the club beyond buying shares. And yet they want to make a huge profit when/if the club is sold? They are the problem, IMO, a long with the whole infrastructure that Haf mentions.

But why are West Ham lowering their prices? You can only do that if you end up with more revenue, which means selling more seats. Do they have spare capacity to sell more seats? Is this just a clever way of filling their new stadium? One thing we can be sure of: They are NOT reducing prices because they're nice people. The only reason, in the end, is that it will guarantee them more money.

For Everton to do the same, we'd need a larger stadium.

Edited by Cornish Steve

steve they are moving to olympic stadium, there will be like 50,000 more seats, so yes there will be extra.

19,000 more seats. They currently have 35,000 and the olympic stadium will have 54,000.

Be interesting to see what happens if they go down next season though, entirely possible if they carry on the way they are; only twelve points in sixteen games since Christmas.

They just want to fill it. If reducing the admission and filling it even just breaks even with what they get for a full house at the Boylen then all the food, drinks, merchendise etc will increase PLUS (and perhaps more importantly) the ground will be full so the atmosphere will be great to help the team.

19,000 more seats. They currently have 35,000 and the olympic stadium will have 54,000.

Be interesting to see what happens if they go down next season though, entirely possible if they carry on the way they are; only twelve points in sixteen games since Christmas.

right on, i was sarcastically exaggerating, but thanks for the real figures. i think like has already been said, one year staying up in the prem with that stadium and then they'll be sold.

It's like an airline company running 737s suddenly replacing their fleet with 767s. It's a numbers game. Their costs will go up with the bigger stadium, so they need bums on seats. The only way to achieve that is through lower prices.

The headlines are making them sound like a generous, magnanimous team that's rewarding their fans for the increased TV revenues. This is not the case at all. They can't afford to have empty seats. There are costs associated with those seats, and a half-empty stadium looks terrible on broadcast games. Frankly, it was a risky decision to move into such a larger stadium. What if they can't fill the seats? A 10 percent reduction in seat prices will need a 10 percent increase in attendance (give or take a few) just to break even. Are there really that many new potential fans out there to be tempted by a 10 percent discount? I doubt it.

It's like an airline company running 737s suddenly replacing their fleet with 767s. It's a numbers game. Their costs will go up with the bigger stadium, so they need bums on seats. The only way to achieve that is through lower prices.

The headlines are making them sound like a generous, magnanimous team that's rewarding their fans for the increased TV revenues. This is not the case at all. They can't afford to have empty seats. There are costs associated with those seats, and a half-empty stadium looks terrible on broadcast games. Frankly, it was a risky decision to move into such a larger stadium. What if they can't fill the seats? A 10 percent reduction in seat prices will need a 10 percent increase in attendance (give or take a few) just to break even. Are there really that many new potential fans out there to be tempted by a 10 percent discount? I doubt it.

Well put it this way Leyton Orient are running scared. They realise that the next generation of fans are likely to be watching premier league football instead of league 1 for a similar cost.

There are a few choices to watch football in that neck of the woods and I think west ham have been very smart.

Steve whether or not it helps the fans doesn't matter. They have a marketing deptartmebt and they made the club look like saints and are getting positive press. That's all that matters. Increases their profile and better investors and corporate sponsor will come along.

We don't have a marketing deptartmebt do we? Just let the echo do our talking for us, pathetic.