IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Excellent blog, 100% agree with the proposals

The big issue is that I don't think there's a cat in hells chance of Champions League games being played on a Thursday, so if they want the CL to be played over two days (maximising TV coverage) it's probably a non-starter. Maybe play all CL games on Wednesday but stagger the kick-off times (as already happens in Europa)?

The big issue is that I don't think there's a cat in hells chance of Champions League games being played on a Thursday, so if they want the CL to be played over two days (maximising TV coverage) it's probably a non-starter. Maybe play all CL games on Wednesday but stagger the kick-off times (as already happens in Europa)?

i thought that would be the toughest one to impliment as well. I think the easiest and most beneficial would be the regionalization of the groups. would help to maximize gate reciepts and travel for supporters.

They're all good ideas. So obviously none of them will ever be implemented.

Pretty much what Mark said. There's too much money in the CL to start messing around with scheduling, but even if there was a possibility it makes too much sense so of course cannot be done.

Don't like the guy but horrible news about Rio Ferdinand's wife.

So sad.

Don't understand the relevance of liking the lad or not to be honest J, 3 children without a mum and a husband without a wife.

You are right about the horrible news bit. I'm sure Rio would swap every medal and £ he earned to have his wife back.

My friend lost his wife to cancer at 39 and has their young daughter to bring up, so very tragic.

Very sad and very unfortunate, breast cancer survival rates are comparatively high nowadays, close to 80% still alive ten years after diagnosis.

Dreadful for the kids.

My friends wife had breast cancer, a very aggressive one.

I'm hurting for the lad. I cherish my family more than anything in the world. Losing parents at an age when they are "ready" and have achieved what you know they needed to do is heartbreak in itself, losing someone with so much yet to experience is tragic.

My friends wife had breast cancer, a very aggressive one.

"Aggressive" is the one word you don't want to hear believe me (apart from "cancer" obviously). I got "small but aggressive".

So many variables though, I don't think any two cases are ever identical; but treatments today are incredible. Sadly there are always some which fail for whatever reason.

People watching Mayweather/Pacquiao? Scheduled for 2.00am but will probably be later, might set the alarm but I don't have the staying power that I used to so won't be staying up.

Love Pacquiao to win but I suspect he won't.

People watching Mayweather/Pacquiao? Scheduled for 2.00am but will probably be later, might set the alarm but I don't have the staying power that I used to so won't be staying up.

Love Pacquiao to win but I suspect he won't.

I won't be watching, but I thought the earliest they were going to be on was 3:45am?

Like you I want the Pacman to win but think Mayweather will do it.

I hope whoever does win does it with a knockout. A points win would be a disappointing ending after all the build up.

Biggest fight in my lifetime I'm setting the alarm. You just can't miss this fight

For what time though?

Edit: Scrub that, BBC says live text from 2.00 and live commentary from 3.30. So it'll probably start some time after 4.00.

Very sad and very unfortunate, breast cancer survival rates are comparatively high nowadays, close to 80% still alive ten years after diagnosis.

Dreadful for the kids.

About ten years ago when my sister was in her early sixties, she had a mastectomy. Two weeks after, they called her back and did another one. She was a bit miffed as she said they could have done both at the same time. Ten days after she came out of hospital she bought some 'lining' material and dug a pond in her back garden. She is now 72 and still going strong, 'strong' being the operative word. She lives alone in a farm on the Yorkshire moors above Hebden Bridge which is challenging on a daily basis! Some years ago she got an infection in her little finger which wouldn't respond to treatment so she arranged to have it amputated. She swears blind that when she was returning home after the op the postman shouted 'give me four'!

Edited by johnh

About ten years ago when my sister was in her early sixties, she had a mastectomy. Two weeks after, they called her back and did another one. She was a bit miffed as she said they could have done both at the same time. Ten days after she came out of hospital she bought some 'lining' material and dug a pond in her back garden. She is now 72 and still going strong, 'strong' being the operative word. She lives alone in a farm on the Yorkshire moors above Hebden Bridge which is challenging on a daily basis! Some years ago she got an infection in her little finger which wouldn't respond to treatment so she arranged to have it amputated. She swears blind that when she was returning home after the op the postman shouted 'give me four'!

Happily now for every tragic story there are many more positive ones (I've met loads in the last eighteen moths), but that's a cracker John.

For what time though?

Edit: Scrub that, BBC says live text from 2.00 and live commentary from 3.30. So it'll probably start some time after 4.00.

The very earliest they are coming out is 3:45am. I reckon the actual fight will start between 4:30am and 5:00am

Fascinating game of cricket going on. England are 18-3 in their second innings, and it's only the second day.

28-4 now. Jimmy Anderson will be rightly annoyed.

Edit: Having said that I don't think we need many more runs to win the match; 150 will be hard to get for WI and if we get it to 200+ it'll be game over.