IGNORED

Baines

Why is everyone moaning about the price, if you read the article they are getting away with that because of the Clubs bloody finances as per usual, i posted about this in the matchday thread the other day, it's going to happen as far as i know :( but hopefully for a bit more than £5m, BK has A LOT to answer for if £5m is the most we are going to get out of Baines

If we got say £20m (at least what he's worth in current market) for Baines and that £20m meant Dempsey, Pienaar and one from Hoilett/Jarvis/Moses/Zaha/Donovan(contract up in Nov) with Da Silva on-loan if he was to go to man.utd (us sending garbutt/bidwell to a championship club for a season) then I hate to say it but I could entertain a deal.

Look at newcastle - the carroll/barton/nolan/enrique (basically their best players when sold) money has put them on the brink of champs league, this with a 'shit' manager and 'shit' chairman... see any parallells?

Baines and maybe Jags (I won't put Rodwell's name here just yet) being sold could be a step back to go forward for us if the money was to be re-invested.

we didn't have money before and still got 24m for lescott...no chance he will go for 5m...so let's just wait and see before we all jump on the bk bashing

Im not BK bashing (yet) im saying IF it is that kind of fee, i was told a few weeks ago that United are interested in Baines, so we will see what happens during the summer.

Im not BK bashing (yet) im saying IF it is that kind of fee, i was told a few weeks ago that United are interested in Baines, so we will see what happens during the summer.

There's not a chance in hell that we'll sell him for anywhere near that sort of fee, and the reason for that is Kenwright himself. He knows he'd get lynched by every single Evertonian for sanctioning that sort of deal, and Kenwright is all about what people think of him, so for that reason alone it's never going to happen.

you still brought bk into it on the basis of a rumour..not havin a go it just irritates me that loads of threads turn into the same old lynch him threads

Why would'nt they though, he is the root cause of the clubs problems, or if it's not him then it must be St David, but some fans seem to think he is immune from criticism don't they.

Why would'nt they though, he is the root cause of the clubs problems, or if it's not him then it must be St David, but some fans seem to think he is immune from criticism don't they.

Kenwright/St.David - root cause of the clubs problems... I would love real life to have Scooby Doo style alternative endings! I'd say fans with short memories are the root cause of this clubs problems.

There's not a chance in hell that we'll sell him for anywhere near that sort of fee, and the reason for that is Kenwright himself. He knows he'd get lynched by every single Evertonian for sanctioning that sort of deal, and Kenwright is all about what people think of him, so for that reason alone it's never going to happen.

this is a problem bk has..not sayin he hasn't brought it on himself but fans think like this...if he gets the best deal for the club he is doin it for his own image and not the club so he's a prick...if he doesn't then he's sold the club short and he's a prick

couldn't we say that if he was that concerned with his own image he'd just doff the club out to a portsmouth or leeds or venky's style owner? just my opinion...will leave it at that cos as said don't wanna turn this into a bk thread

Edited by marcopaulo

this is a problem bk has..not sayin he hasn't brought it on himself but fans think like this...if he gets the best deal for the club he is doin it for his own image and not the club so he's a prick...if he doesn't then he's sold the club short and he's a prick

couldn't we say that if he was that concerned with his own image he'd just doff the club out to a portsmouth or leeds or venky's style owner? just my opinion...will leave it at that cos as said don't wanna turn this into a bk thread

Tbh, it wasn't my intention to have a go at BK, more to give pris a reason that he can relate to.

Tbh, it wasn't my intention to have a go at BK, more to give pris a reason that he can relate to.

None of us really have any of the answers, i know what your saying, he would be putting himself out for a public execution at that price, he might be a lot of things, but i don't think he's that stupid, but like marco said, his many mishaps in the past have made it difficult now for him with the fans, and to be fair he only has himself to blame for that. Stopping now, no more BK threads. Edited by theprisoner

If we got say £20m (at least what he's worth in current market) for Baines and that £20m meant Dempsey, Pienaar and one from Hoilett/Jarvis/Moses/Zaha/Donovan(contract up in Nov) with Da Silva on-loan if he was to go to man.utd (us sending garbutt/bidwell to a championship club for a season) then I hate to say it but I could entertain a deal.

Look at newcastle - the carroll/barton/nolan/enrique (basically their best players when sold) money has put them on the brink of champs league, this with a 'shit' manager and 'shit' chairman... see any parallel

Baines and maybe Jags (I won't put Rodwell's name here just yet) being sold could be a step back to go forward for us if the mo

Got to agree would take Hoillett,Pienaar,Zaha with change for a fullback. Sell Jags for Tennish which gives Duffy a year to progress and bring another centre back on a loan / free to cover. Spend Jags money on Dempsey and get a right back

Got to agree would take Hoillett,Pienaar,Zaha with change for a fullback. Sell Jags for Tennish which gives Duffy a year to progress and bring another centre back on a loan / free to cover. Spend Jags money on Dempsey and get a right back

Sadly it wouldn't be so simple and the banks would want their cut!

What I find hilarious is that yesterday, the Mirror wrote that due to Everton's financial state, we might have to sell Baines for 5 million.

Today, they link us with a 10 million pound move for Sigurdsson.

Obviously, they didn't think that one through very well.

• 3 weeks later...

Robert Elstone hinted that a player will be sold this summer to fund new transfers last month, the reason given was lower attendance levels which lowered income £1.5m based on last year and we've been on television 7 times less than last year (£3.4m less than last year if my sums are correct).

Robert Elstone hinted that a player will be sold this summer to fund new transfers last month, the reason given was lower attendance levels which lowered income £1.5m based on last year and we've been on television 7 times less than last year (£3.4m less than last year if my sums are correct).

I think he's being a bit of an arse to put the blame partly on the fans when even without the lower attendances we'd have needed to sell to fund our transfer dealings anyway.