IGNORED

Moyes: We May Lose Fellaini

Louis

i read about this yesterday and tbh, im not that concerned, it looks like one of the big four, of Rodwell, Baines, Fellani or Arteta will have to go so that Moyes can bring in, so aslong as its only one of them, im not too concerned, its when its all of them thats when its time to worry, offers over £25m will do, and Madrid are supposed to be interested in Screech, and they MUST have someone decent we can take back as a decent part exchange

i read about this yesterday and tbh, im not that concerned, it looks like one of the big four, of Rodwell, Baines, Fellani or Arteta will have to go so that Moyes can bring in, so aslong as its only one of them, im not too concerned, its when its all of them thats when its time to worry, offers over £25m will do, and Madrid are supposed to be interested in Screech, and they MUST have someone decent we can take back as a decent part exchange

I would demand a player/cash if Felli was to go to any of the big 4 or madrid...

Man.Utd: Park/ Cleverly/ Welbeck

Chelsea: Sturridge/ Benayoun

Man.City: Milner/ Boyata

Arsenal: Chamakh/ Diaby

Real: Gago/ Canales

All kind of realistic as they are fringe player but it won't happen anyway!!!

I would demand a player/cash if Felli was to go to any of the big 4 or madrid...

Man.Utd: Park/ Cleverly/ Welbeck

Chelsea: Sturridge/ Benayoun

Man.City: Milner/ Boyata

Arsenal: Chamakh/ Diaby

Real: Gago/ Canales

All kind of realistic as they are fringe player but it won't happen anyway!!!

i never thought of Benayoun, i always liked him, he can play in various positions and always looked a good hard working player, who would fit into that Moyes ethic of playing, not a bad shout that, would'nt want Chamakh/Diaby don't rate either of them tbh, would love Gago here, or Park, Park is one of the most underated players in the game at the moment, but he's a fergie favourite so thats never going to happen, and my mates a big manure fan, and the fans there love Park, he's a fans favourite also.

I'll be honest felli I don't give a fuck if it's the right time or not just fuck off I am sick of him and jonny h moaning if everton doesn't match your ego fuck off. I want players like osman who will die for the badge!

I wish you would fuck off... They want to win things and you have a go?! These are guys who didnt grow up as Evertonians like Ossie did, you cant expect them to die for the badge, but you can demand that they give there all, which for the most part, they both have.

I wish you would fuck off... They want to win things and you have a go?! These are guys who didnt grow up as Evertonians like Ossie did, you cant expect them to die for the badge, but you can demand that they give there all, which for the most part, they both have.

Possibly a bad example Matt, he was a Liverpool fan.

Ian C made an interesting point earlier... fans are irked when players 'show ambition' whilst criticising the board members for not showing any.

I don't think it's the case that Heitinga and Fellaini are criticising the club, it's that only small samples of what they say are translated and made into sensationalist news articles.

You could ask any player in the squad if they want to win trophies and play in the Champions League, and I'd wager the answer would be "yes" to both.

Possibly a bad example Matt, he was a Liverpool fan.

Ian C made an interesting point earlier... fans are irked when players 'show ambition' whilst criticising the board members for not showing any.

I don't think it's the case that Heitinga and Fellaini are criticising the club, it's that only small samples of what they say are translated and made into sensationalist news articles.

You could ask any player in the squad if they want to win trophies and play in the Champions League, and I'd wager the answer would be "yes" to both.

ok, fair enough Louis but my point really is how long has he been playing for Everton and supported them? Bet its longer than Felli and Johnny put together....

Let Fellaini go, we need money, he doesn't want to be here, besides he may not be worth as much $ in a few years when he is 26-27, and who knows how well he will do coming off of an injury.

what makes you think he doesnt want to be here? Considering he only has 2 years left and he would be 25 max and in his prime. Last time he had a serious injury he came back better than before....

Id rather Rodwell went before Felli.

what makes you think he doesnt want to be here? Considering he only has 2 years left and he would be 25 max and in his prime. Last time he had a serious injury he came back better than before....

Id rather Rodwell went before Felli.

The fact that he said he wants to be playing in Europe...

The fact that he said he wants to be playing in Europe...

If you read the whole interview Felli kind of hints that he'd be happy to stay and fulfill his ambitions here, lets be fair to the lad our transfer dealings are shite we never make any BIG signings who could blame him for being pissed off? The fact is with signings like Brown and Bothroyd we aint going to make top 4!

I've got absolutely no problem with Fellaini and Heitinga saying they want to be playing CL, winning things.

Everton Football Club may have zero ambition (or at least are showing zero ambiton) but these players have it. So do I. I'm pissed off that we're not in Europe, that our major signings in transfer windows are freebies or youngsters from the third tier of Portugal/France/the end of the earth, that we have to scrimp and save just to afford loan signings.

If you're going to be pissed off at any one be pissed off at our hopeless board.

http://www.dailymail...w-contract.html

Everton have held 'encouraging' talks with Marouane Fellaini over extending the midfielder's stay at Goodison Park. Fellaini, 23, has two years left on his deal but is reportedly considering his future. Everton's board are relaxed, however, after talks with his advisors, and are confident he will sign a long-term deal.

Edited by Matt

Any1 have idea what is Felliboys weekly salary atm? I guess it quite low, something from 18k-26k? So i really wouldnt mind if he would sign a new contract with better salary. We have to start paying our players, and we just HAVE to find moneys for that. We cant think out players would like to play with us with "small" salary (comparing other clubs, not regular worker) and when they would have better chance to win something elsewhere also. We have been close to win Cup and thats nice, but not even near of that where EFC belongs.

Don't know what his wages are but I do suspect they are in the lower part of our wage spectrum.

If we offload Yobo & Yakubu then a portion of their wages could be used to boost Fellaini's. Te be honest, if Fellaini gives ridiculous demands then I would sell him whilst his price is high, but we all know I am not his biggest fan (although I was slowly coming round).

just to point out something here boys. In the last 2 seasons, he has been our best player easily up until December-ish, yet we struggle to win games. He gets injured and we go into top 4 form.

I think he is a cracking player but looking at that, makes you wonder....

edit: ive been in the office since 5:45am after 4 hours kip, I may not be thinking straight....

Edited by Matt

Understand your point Matt, personally i think it's the team starting poorly that helps Fellaini stand out (I still think he's amazing btw) but also the fact that noone seems to step-up untill they know we've lost a key player or two. It's weird, it's like as a team, we're waiting continously for 'that' spark to kick-start everything!? It shouldn't have to be like that.

Wonder how the team would play with a top-notch Fellaini and a team around him also pulling their socks up? T'would be good!

I love Moyes but maybe we need a few injuries so we play the lads in their correct positions. Take Ossie for eg, hes played lw then rw and gets slated for it but a few injuries and hes put in cm his favoured position and hey presto motm performances week after week. Did he raise his game or just enjoy playing there more? Just a thought lads.

Oh and Matt id forgot all about the legend that is Li Tie, did we really finish fourth that year haha oh and dont get me started on Marcus Bent the best thing about him was Gemma Atkinson his then Missus.

Edited by smeghead1

• 3 weeks later...

If someone offered £25 million for Fellaini, i'd do cartwheels. I think Fellaini has put in one of the most complete performances as a midfielder i have seen in an Everton shirt vs Man City. However, i largely think the guy is over rated, inconsistent and simply not up to the pace of the Prem league week in week out. His passing is also pretty awful.

If we could sell him, and bring in 3-4 £5 million pound players or a £10 million winger and a £10 million striker, i'd consider that to be excellent business for the club. I'd rather sell Fellaini than Baines or Rodwell (and maybe even Coleman).

If someone offered £25 million for Fellaini, i'd do cartwheels. I think Fellaini has put in one of the most complete performances as a midfielder i have seen in an Everton shirt vs Man City. However, i largely think the guy is over rated, inconsistent and simply not up to the pace of the Prem league week in week out. His passing is also pretty awful.

If we could sell him, and bring in 3-4 £5 million pound players or a £10 million winger and a £10 million striker, i'd consider that to be excellent business for the club. I'd rather sell Fellaini than Baines or Rodwell (and maybe even Coleman).

I have to disagree with many points in this reply pax... I suppose one of the only matches you saw fellaini play in besides that City match would have been Bolton away? Where everyone else was shocking that day, his ball retention for a big fella is spot on, hes now calm under presuure and if you remember just before his injury he again was playing his best football, hes a complete midfielder, an excellent one at that, and me for one, would be hugely disapointed to lose such a talented player, but not only that your talking of losing our main man in the middle of the park, someone whos great in a tackle and can also spread play nicely...

For me out of the players listed i would sell rodwell as at the moment hes still not a solid starter in our team, he cant even get starts for the england u21s!

I have to disagree with many points in this reply pax... I suppose one of the only matches you saw fellaini play in besides that City match would have been Bolton away? Where everyone else was shocking that day, his ball retention for a big fella is spot on, hes now calm under presuure and if you remember just before his injury he again was playing his best football, hes a complete midfielder, an excellent one at that, and me for one, would be hugely disapointed to lose such a talented player, but not only that your talking of losing our main man in the middle of the park, someone whos great in a tackle and can also spread play nicely...

For me out of the players listed i would sell rodwell as at the moment hes still not a solid starter in our team, he cant even get starts for the england u21s!

Yes, before his injury he had played very well for a few games. I also know the lad is young and will improve, but i've watched him play a lot and he is cumbersome a lot of the time. He gives the ball away easily and panics when put under pressure. He also isn't the quickest player around the pitch. Rodwell i feel for. Moyes needs to make up his mind where Rodwell is going to play and start playing him there consistently. I see huge potential in the boy and this could be a defining season for him if managed correctly. Being able to play Rodwell in his chosen position would help if we had more options, which would only come from the sale of a valuable player. Fellaini to me is not a £15 million player. He isn't a £10 million player. So if, and if is the key word here, wanted to offer £25 million or more, it's simply not a deal our club could turn down right now.

You could easily play JH in front of the back 4, Arteta as the play maker in the middle of the park with Rodwell (who i believe is a good passer) Osman could play on the right and we could potentially go out and get some like N'zogbia to play down the left. Wigan will want around £12 million (not sure when his contract is up) for him, leaving £8 million to fund a new striker. Sell Yobo and possibly Yak, we might get £6 million to £8 million for those to, suddenly things aint too bad.

Fell @ £25 million + Yak and Yob @ £8 million.

£6 million to service debt, £12 million for N'Zogbia and leave £15 million for a striker and possible another player or two.

That's my theory anyway. :D I also have a feeling i'm talking shite as i can't believe anyone would pay £25 million for Fel just now (or in the future).

Edited by pax

Sorry Pax, I think you may well be talking the best of it as feared. I was not a fan of Fellaini for a good while, I could not see how he could impact the premier league, his lack of pace being the concern.

He is one of the most composed on the ball at the club - if not the most.

He is one of only two players we have that would get in any premier league team alongside Baines. Tell me a midfielder who breaks up play, offers an ariel threat and retains and shows for the ball as much as him? - £25m? Liverpool paid £20m for a player slightly younger who could not lace his boots. A player who despite felli being injured could not get near him at goodison when sunderland visited.

With prices being quoted for others he is £35m plus.