• Marouane Fellaini
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Tim Cahill
    • Victor Anichebe
    • Leon Osman
    • Jermaine Beckford
    • Jose Baxter

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 183

Baines 132

Coleman 127

Distin 123

Pienaar 85

Cahill 83

Saha 53

Yakubu 47

Howard 44

Jagielka 25

Osman 19

Arteta 14

Bilyaletdinov 10

Rodwell 8

Hibbert 7

Beckford 7

Neville 6

Heitinga 4

Gueye 3

Anichebe 1

MOTM winners....

Blackpool (H)...Louis Saha

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Chelsea (H)...Marouane Fellaini

West Ham (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Liverpool (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Scunthorpe United (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

Stoke City (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Ham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Man City (A)...Tim Howard

Wigan (H)...Seamus Coleman

Chelsea (A)...Leighton Baines

West Brom (H)...Tim Cahill

Sunderland (A)...Steven Pienaar

Arsenal (H)...Seamus Coleman

Bolton (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackpool (A)...Seamus Coleman

Stoke City (H)...Ayegbeni Yakubu

Spurs (A)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (H)...Tim Cahill

Birmingham (A)...Leon Osman

Fulham (A)...Steven Pienaar

Brentford (A)...Seamus Coleman

Newcastle (H)...Sylvain Distin

Manchester United (H)...Tim Howard

Aston Villa (A)...Leighton Baines

Huddersfield (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wolves (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackburn (A)...Leighton Baines

Fellaini for me. Feel a bit sheepish now after looking at the results so far, but he was the only one who looked like his heart was in it. Sure he didn't have the best of games, squandered possession a couple of times with some misplaced passes, but he was willing to tackle back that extra half yard, to fight for the ball in scrappy situations, and to run hard to support the attack.

Fellaini for me. Feel a bit sheepish now after looking at the results so far, but he was the only one who looked like his heart was in it. Sure he didn't have the best of games, squandered possession a couple of times with some misplaced passes, but he was willing to tackle back that extra half yard, to fight for the ball in scrappy situations, and to run hard to support the attack.

I agree with you mate, on several occasions Fellaini was the last line of defence, god knows where Distin and Heitinga got to.

We have to get Jags back in as soon as possible cos Heitinga was crap, and we haven't kept a clean sheet since he came in.

Bit of an improvement from Arteta, but still not good enough.

Anichebe will never be a premier striker as long as he has a hole in his arse, he was the biggest man on the pitch and he was getting knocked about by players inches smaller and a couple of stones lighter. He spent too much time throwing tantrums, banging on the floor and crying like a baby.

I cant find any words to praise anybody, only Fellaini who stole the ball off the attackers on so many occasions, and worked all day long up and down the pitch. Definite my MOTM.

Arteta for me, put in some great through balls and was always on the move

Felli had his worst game for a long, long time but was probably still close to being our MotM which just about sums up the game.

On a side note does anyone know if Bilys agent happens to be a fat, bald scally ?

As if watching that drivel and getting piss wet through wasnt bad enough I hat to endure 90 minutes of this bloke sat next to me moaning about every player in a blue shirt and demanding Moyes be sacked yet he seemed to think Bily had a blinder

Oh Dear.........Oh Very Fucking Dear...................I don't wish to insult fellow Evertonians but if you think Arteta was man of the match then I was at the wrong game, I seriously do hope you are giving him MOM on the sole basis of being the best of a bad bunch, and even then I doubt that..............just an opinion and we are all entitled to that.

After seeing the highlights in MOTD, I chose Baxter as he brought a save from their keeper, though I could have given it to Baines for that cross which Cahill should have headed home - that was a beast of a cross, to be fair.

Arteta and Felli didn't seem to have been complete out of their depth in midfield, so I'm not sure why one would chose them.

Heitinga and Distin both looked like they had an awful day as well.

I'm just hoping that Moyes can motivate them for the next game (not to mention the rest of the season), cos, they seemed totally unarsed from what I could make out.

In truth, that was something of a six pointer today. I we'd have won, we'd have shot up 8th and been level with Bolton, and only a few points off Sunderland (7th). Oh no, never that easy at Everton, is it!

Not sure we'll get relegated this season, but unless investment comes in, it's looking like it might be a real possibility in the next year or two.

Thought Fellaini was average, though the amount of times he wins the ball is freakish, though his passing let him down. Arteta was ok but largely ineffective 80% of the time. Phil did nothing wrong (and nothing right), Coleman was poor. Bily couldn't have done less. Anichebe just can't hack it at the top, Knight Wheater and Cahill dominated him. Howard didn't do much wrong. Baines was decent, one very good cross. Baxter looked hungry when he came on. Osman didn't really do a lot.

Baines it is.

Oh Dear.........Oh Very Fucking Dear...................I don't wish to insult fellow Evertonians but if you think Arteta was man of the match then I was at the wrong game, I seriously do hope you are giving him MOM on the sole basis of being the best of a bad bunch, and even then I doubt that..............just an opinion and we are all entitled to that.

actually, you're talking total rubbish. Arteta was excellent. He never stopped running, even when everyone else gave up when we went 2-0 down. He played two excellent through balls, made a fair few tackles, burst forward on many occasions and he was easily the best midfielder on the pitch. Now if you were talking about how could anyone vote Fellaini I'd back you up. Talk about hype. He was a disgrace. He looked totally lazy, gave the ball away at least 70% of the time he had it and once again created absolutely zero going forward. He looked 5 yards too slow. Which was still at least a couple of yards quicker than Bily, who was a shambles. Also, what the hell was Baines doing for the second goal?

Also, a couple of people had a go at Anichebe, one of the only players on the pitch who actually had a go and looked like he wanted to score. Cahill was anonymous, Beckford looked like he needed a rocket. Anichebe (until he tired with 20 mins left) was trying his hardest, particularly in the second half, and was the only attacking player we had who contributed anything going forward (unlike Coleman, Bily, Cahill).

He does need to start scoring some goals though.

Arteta for me, easy.

actually, you're talking total rubbish. Arteta was excellent. He never stopped running, even when everyone else gave up when we went 2-0 down. He played two excellent through balls, made a fair few tackles, burst forward on many occasions and he was easily the best midfielder on the pitch. Now if you were talking about how could anyone vote Fellaini I'd back you up. Talk about hype. He was a disgrace. He looked totally lazy, gave the ball away at least 70% of the time he had it and once again created absolutely zero going forward. He looked 5 yards too slow. Which was still at least a couple of yards quicker than Bily, who was a shambles. Also, what the hell was Baines doing for the second goal?

Also, a couple of people had a go at Anichebe, one of the only players on the pitch who actually had a go and looked like he wanted to score. Cahill was anonymous, Beckford looked like he needed a rocket. Anichebe (until he tired with 20 mins left) was trying his hardest, particularly in the second half, and was the only attacking player we had who contributed anything going forward (unlike Coleman, Bily, Cahill).

He does need to start scoring some goals though.

Arteta for me, easy.

Carl, like I said it's my opinion, I don't come here saying you talk rubbish so please don't say the same about me. I stick to my initial reaction and opinion and yes I voted for Fellaini.

Carl, like I said it's my opinion, I don't come here saying you talk rubbish so please don't say the same about me. I stick to my initial reaction and opinion and yes I voted for Fellaini.

Then you're delusional :unsure:

seriously, watch the game again, without the recent - slightly unjustified - hype ringing in your ears. He was an embarrassment.

I also voted for Fellaini, it was difficult to find praise for anyone but he was the best of a bad bunch. (Read my match day report)

If we defended he was always back there, if we attacked he was up front, and the amount of times he came away with possession was exceptional, but then he had to play it to Bily, Anichebe, or Coleman, all of whom played atrociously, enough said.

Carl, i think you must watch Arteta and nobody else, we know he is a favourite of yours and he did play a bit better than in recent times but he was still only OK, not deserving of MOTM.

But as its already been stated everyone looks at the same game, but they come away with so many different Views.

Carl, i think you must watch Arteta and nobody else, we know he is a favourite of yours and he did play a bit better than in recent times but he was still only OK, not deserving of MOTM.

But as its already been stated everyone looks at the same game, but they come away with so many different Views.

I love Arteta, I also like Fellaini - although as I've said before, considering he never scores, hardly ever creates any goals and our defence is leaking goals, I fail to see exactly why everyone is raving over him just because he usually looks tidy.

Fellaini has been playing well but yesterday he consistently gave the ball away, he was ponderous going forward and basically contributed little apart from sticking his long legs out now and again and flukily winning the ball back, usually only to then go and give it away again. He was awful. Arteta hasn't been playing like he can this season, that being said whenever I've seen us play he hasn't actually been that much worse than Fellaini, it's just that his expectation levels are much higher. When Fellaini keeps it simple he's a genius, when Arteta does it he's a pussy. Arteta works as hard, he tackles, he passes, he's scored more league goals and has created more goals. In saying that he's had an inexplicably poor season by his own standards.

Yesterday, however, he was somewhere approaching his best. He had nothing doing up front, yet he consistently broke forward with pace, played in Anichebe and someone else during the macth, very rarely gave the ball away and when everyone else's head went down he was still running. Even before the match he was going around geeing people up and telling them what to do. He could hold his head up yesterday, along with possibly Howard, Baines (although second goal was shameful) and Anichebe - who I thought put a good shift in.

I know people have different views and we're all cheesed off with the current season which promised so much, but I for the life of me can't understand how anyone can give Fellaini motm for that game! seriously!

anyway, I'll stop flogging this donkey now! I wish this season would end and I wish Moyes would get a decent coach who knew something about tactics and defending.