IGNORED

Danny Welbeck

I don't hate Lukaku, I hate spending £28m on Lukaku. I hate the fact that he seems to be lauded as some "gonna be amazing". When in all honesty I see games where he often plays like kenwynne Jones.

I want him to do well, I want to have to take a shit load of stick for doubting him. I want to have you all saying ner ner ne ner ner. Unfortunately I just don't see a top level striker, and that's what we've paid for.

because, whenever the stats are presented you say "yeah but..."

It's like saying pienaar is shite because he doesn't get direct assists. I've watched welbeck, he does a shit load of solid thankless work, without ever getting the role as a main striker.

Here's one, look at sturridges record for Chelsea before getting a move to a club that played him as a main striker. Very welbeckesque. Welbeck played for a lower level Orem team as an 18 year old in the only season he's had as a main striker.

You have a thing for playground footballers. I'm actually surprised you don't love mcgeady, maybe you see him as a threat to mirallas with his similar traits.

I don't have a thing for Lukaku and he's pretty sub standard, unless miscontrolling a football ain't substandard.

Mirallas is a good player though mate, he has a positive affect on results.

:rofl: output!? Welbeck has 35 goals in 167 games over 5 seasons between United and Sunderland. Lukaku has 33 in 76 in 2 seasons and is 2 years younger.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on Welbeck in that I think he would do well and is wasted at United. But to say there's not much between them is ludicrous.

For the record, I know output is more than just goals, it's about creating them too. So let's look up assists in the last 2 years

Welbeck - 8

http://www.espnfc.com/player/115271/danny-welbeck?season=2013

Lukaku - 10

http://www.espnfc.com/player/139437/romelu-lukaku?season=2012

If they were both 16m there's a clear winner here, unless you just plain don't like him and won't budge in your opinion. I still get the concern on the price tag (23m to start, bonuses only if we progress and that's down to all the team and the manager, not just a 21 year old kid) but honestly, the reason we paid so much more for Rom is because he is so much better. It's just that simple.

You're supposed to be in bed.

You have a thing for playground footballers. I'm actually surprised you don't love mcgeady, maybe you see him as a threat to mirallas with his similar traits.

I don't have a thing for Lukaku and he's pretty sub standard, unless miscontrolling a football ain't substandard.

1 in 2 striker is far from sub standard...

Hey, if you're going to bandy the 1 thing you've got against him, I might as well use one of the many positives to counter it.

It's like saying pienaar is shite because he doesn't get direct assists. I've watched welbeck, he does a shit load of solid thankless work, without ever getting the role as a main striker.

Here's one, look at sturridges record for Chelsea before getting a move to a club that played him as a main striker. Very welbeckesque. Welbeck played for a lower level Orem team as an 18 year old in the only season he's had as a main striker.

dunno if this is aimed at me. Can't be, since I've agreed with you in Welbeck the whole time, with the exception that he's nowhere near the player Lukaku is. But that's simply because he's nowhere near the same quality, as has been proven. Except when it comes to ball control...

Romey, want to take Welbecks ball control point?

Hurry up and sign for Arsenal so this can be closed.

Correct!

The funny thing about reading these stand offs over Lukaku and whoever is that both sides present valid true points of fact. And both sides try to rubbish the others with valid true points of fact.

It's an education.

I'll be honest, I really couldn't care less. Welbeck will go to a team where he will do very well. I'm more bothered about getting this super dooper striker we have to score his 1 in 2. Thus far he ain't doing that. Moreso he looks far off doing that.

Maybe his 1 in11 still remains in my mind.

I'll be honest, I really couldn't care less. Welbeck will go to a team where he will do very well. I'm more bothered about getting this super dooper striker we have to score his 1 in 2. Thus far he ain't doing that. Moreso he looks far off doing that.

I think Lukaku has looked sharp. He will score goals. He played well in each game, only problem with him is his passing.

Welbeck on the other hand is such a good passer off the ball.

didn't I debunk the 1 in 11 bullshit by pointing out he made 6 assists in that time? So far, in 3 games playing injured he got an assist and he hit the bar (which counts for shit but could've been an assist) ? Done more than Bony has; more shots on target, more assists, same goals :D

He is injured, he is playing with injections. He needs to be allowed to recuperate. No, he hasn't played well but give the lad a break considering that. He had a disappointing WC, apart from T How I can't think of any of the other internationals who had anything approaching a decent tour.

Still agree on Welbeck