IGNORED

Danny Welbeck

David Ornstein

BBC Sport

Welbeck latest

Posted at

20:03

"There is interest from Arsenal in Danny Welbeck, but this deal is complicated by a number of conversations that are taking place between Manchester United, Arsenal and the player.

"This is a bit messy because Tottenham are also involved and there are various agendas at stake. It could happen but at this stage it is not advanced."

David Ornstein

BBC Sport Welbeck latest

Posted at

20:03

"There is interest from Arsenal in Danny Welbeck, but this deal is complicated by a number of conversations that are taking place between Manchester United, Arsenal and the player.

"This is a bit messy because Tottenham are also involved and there are various agendas at stake. It could happen but at this stage it is not advanced."

......never wanted him here anyway.

Lukaku is and will always be twice the player Wellbeck is.

Errrmmmm, I really don't think he's any better the player welbeck is right now... He may be better when he can control a ball, pass it.

I'm sorry but Lukaku has done nothing yet, nothing whatsoever to prove he's worth £28m. I'm concerned by what I see.

Errrmmmm, I really don't think he's any better the player welbeck is right now... He may be better when he can control a ball, pass it.

I'm sorry but Lukaku has done nothing yet, nothing whatsoever to prove he's worth £28m. I'm concerned by what I see.

apart from be directly responsible for 30% of our goals last season, already got an assist (nearly 2) despite being unfit and injured this season.... But let's not go down this road again, haters gonna hate :P

Don't let your hate for Lukaku blind you Haf. Wellbeck is all huff and puff and no end product. His return for United for the amount of chances created is woeful.

He's got pace to burn but that's about it.

Lukaku has proved 2 seasons on the trot at a younger age he has what it takes in the prem he will continue to do so and continue to outscore, out perform and out everything Wellbeck does.

Lukaku will be as good as Drogba one day. It'll be 6 or 7 years away but he will reach that level.

apart from be directly responsible for 30% of our goals last season, already got an assist (nearly 2) despite being unfit and injured this season.... But let's not go down this road again, haters gonna hate :P

Suarez was responsible for the best part of 42% of Liverpool's goals with 31 and 12 assists despite them scoring a massive 101 goals with sturridge being 10 behind him in second place having scored more goals than Lukaku and more assists.

Basically you are comparing the main goalscorer to his team mates, which in our case is convenient for Lukaku given that we had no one else banging them in.

I'm not victimising him, we have seen him have a shite world cup, be pretty much shite in 3 games and I don't see any signs of improvement. I called out my concerns about him a good while ago and they have not gone away.

Don't let your hate for Lukaku blind you Haf. Wellbeck is all huff and puff and no end product. His return for United for the amount of chances created is woeful.

Lukaku has proved 2 seasons on the trot at a younger age he has what it takes in the prem he will continue to do so and continue to outscore, out perform and out everything Wellbeck does.

Lukaku will be as good as Drogba one day. It'll be 6 or 7 years away but he will reach that level.

Agreed

Suarez was responsible for the best part of 42% of Liverpool's goals with 31 and 12 assists despite them scoring a massive 101 goals with sturridge being 10 behind him in second place having scored more goals than Lukaku and more assists.

Basically you are comparing the main goalscorer to his team mates, which in our case is convenient for Lukaku given that we had no one else banging them in.

I'm not victimising him, we have seen him have a shite world cup, be pretty much shite in 3 games and I don't see any signs of improvement. I called out my concerns about him a good while ago and they have not gone away.

:rolleyes:

Paddock has it spot on; blinded by hate...

Edited by Matt

I'd actually like to see his conversion to chances, basically I've seen welbeck operate for the majority of the time on the right flank for United.

If I was asked £16m for Lukaku or welbeck. I would maybe go Lukaku, but it would be a close call. Welbecks output is much more. Lukaku is a better finisher.

There ain't much between them, put it that way.

:rolleyes:

Paddock has it spot on; blinded by hate...

I don't hate Lukaku, I hate spending £28m on Lukaku. I hate the fact that he seems to be lauded as some "gonna be amazing". When in all honesty I see games where he often plays like kenwynne Jones.

I want him to do well, I want to have to take a shit load of stick for doubting him. I want to have you all saying ner ner ne ner ner. Unfortunately I just don't see a top level striker, and that's what we've paid for.

You have a thing for sub-standard players

Mcgeady

Cleverley

Welbeck

You have a thing for playground footballers. I'm actually surprised you don't love mcgeady, maybe you see him as a threat to mirallas with his similar traits.

I don't have a thing for Lukaku and he's pretty sub standard, unless miscontrolling a football ain't substandard.

Edited by Hafnia

I'd actually like to see his conversion to chances, basically I've seen welbeck operate for the majority of the time on the right flank for United.

If I was asked £16m for Lukaku or welbeck. I would maybe go Lukaku, but it would be a close call. Welbecks output is much more. Lukaku is a better finisher.

There ain't much between them, put it that way.

:rofl: output!? Welbeck has 35 goals in 167 games over 5 seasons between United and Sunderland. Lukaku has 33 in 76 in 2 seasons and is 2 years younger.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on Welbeck in that I think he would do well and is wasted at United. But to say there's not much between them is ludicrous.

For the record, I know output is more than just goals, it's about creating them too. So let's look up assists in the last 2 years

Welbeck - 8

http://www.espnfc.com/player/115271/danny-welbeck?season=2013

Lukaku - 10

http://www.espnfc.com/player/139437/romelu-lukaku?season=2012

If they were both 16m there's a clear winner here, unless you just plain don't like him and won't budge in your opinion. I still get the concern on the price tag (23m to start, bonuses only if we progress and that's down to all the team and the manager, not just a 21 year old kid) but honestly, the reason we paid so much more for Rom is because he is so much better. It's just that simple.