IGNORED

Danny Welbeck

It also appears that no level of criticism can be aimed at other players like Mirallas despite having some similar tendancies to lose the ball in daft areas or make silly decisions (last ditch corner against Leicester into side netting).

But I like Mirallas overall and thats my opinion of him. Some players get hung out to dry and others get unconditionally excused.

No players above criticism. However, some make a mistake every now and then others are prone to them. They're all only human so to jump down a players throat who is usually solid is daft but some players frustrate by regularly making poor decisions or silly mistakes so they get singled out more.

That's how I see it like but if a player fucks up it shouldn't matter who he is he has to be held accountable for it.

I remember Distin being slaughtered in some quarters after that cock up in the semi against the shite the fact he'd was on the back of a season where he was virtually flawless and absolutely immense was lost in some of our fans.

Disgraceful.

Mcgeady is shit mate. 10minute player. I've seen enough and Traore is still shit!

Hang on I'll tell Martinez, I'm sure once he knows that the great MiguelCoto has passed judgement on McGeady he will drop and sell him immediately.

McGeady, like Naismith will take time to settle in, and has a role to play. In McGeadys case it is using his, pace, trickery and ball control to open up tight defenses.

FFS hes only really had 1 pre-season with us, and people are slagging him off after 2 games.

Edited by London Blue

Don't compare Mcgeady and Naismith. Totally different. Mcgeagy has been playing in his preferred role all a long and he's been crap. He's overrated. Whilst I agree there is talent in there and I can see flashes. He is missing 90% of the time he's on the pitch. He's a liability. Like playing with 10 men.

Guest blueboy122

Going to put it out there.. I said when the season finished that I would rather we sign Welbeck than Lukaku as he fits into our system more, plays in between the lines etc and has a touch.

Lukaku at £28M or Welbeck at £12M-£15M

No brainier for me.

Don't compare Mcgeady and Naismith. Totally different. Mcgeagy has been playing in his preferred role all a long and he's been crap. He's overrated. Whilst I agree there is talent in there and I can see flashes. He is missing 90% of the time he's on the pitch. He's a liability. Like playing with 10 men.

What a whole 2 games this season. (scoring 1 cracker of a goal, and appearing as a sub for 20 mins in the second)

Last season he was unfit as Martinez said, so that doesn't really count.

Give the man a chance, hes a Blue, so lets give him our support, at least until hes started a dozen or more games.

Edited by London Blue

Of course it counts. He wasn't that unfit to do himself justice. On the whole last season he did ok. He made mistakes but he created chances and that is exactly what you get from him.

Good point, I just meant he couldn't play whole games regularly or week in and week out as his fitness wasn't there.

Going to put it out there.. I said when the season finished that I would rather we sign Welbeck than Lukaku as he fits into our system more, plays in between the lines etc and has a touch.

Lukaku at £28M or Welbeck at £12M-£15M

No brainier for me.

Well put out there...but think the choice between them has gone now!!!

I'll put it out there...give me them both in our squad.

Lukaku (28mill), Barry (2mill), Besic (4mill), Eto'o (0), McGeady (0), Mccarthy (13mill) plus Welbeck (3mill...because it fits!!!)

OR

David Luiz...50 mill.

Guest blueboy122

I would like him...but not at the expense of a centre back.

I think many are having a knee jerk reaction because of what happened at the weekend but I think the problem will be solved by simply putting Stones in for Jags. Alcaraz and Jags are more than adequate back ups in my opinion.

Distin and Stones is solid partnership for me.

I think many are having a knee jerk reaction because of what happened at the weekend but I think the problem will be solved by simply putting Stones in for Jags. Alcaraz and Jags are more than adequate back ups in my opinion.

Distin and Stones is solid partnership for me.

I agree with you. But that's not me.

I thought about it...Stones is capable. Alcaraz struggles to stay fit. So with the extra games in Europe, I don't think we have enough at CB. We need one more reliable solid player. Doesn't need to be a world beater, but reliable is a must.

Guest blueboy122

I thought about it...Stones is capable. Alcaraz struggles to stay fit. So with the extra games in Europe, I don't think we have enough at CB. We need one more reliable solid player. Doesn't need to be a world beater, but reliable is a must.

Fair enough. Am sure we will find someone affordable who fits that criteria.

Likewise, I don't agree with making knee-jerk decisions. We have Stones and Alcaraz and Garbutt. There is cover, but one more youngester would help. Certainly no need to splash out on a big defensive signing. I'd say that depth of squad in general is more important.

Likewise, I don't agree with making knee-jerk decisions. We have Stones and Alcaraz and Garbutt. There is cover, but one more youngester would help. Certainly no need to splash out on a big defensive signing. I'd say that depth of squad in general is more important.

Garbutt is a LB. And Alcaraz can't be relied upon to stay fit even though he is a good defender.