IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

14 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

go figure we sign one of my favorites players and we find a way to fuck it up and make him look like shit.  FFS everton

By "we" ... you mean koeman? 

He alienates a £40m player to the point we will lose him for zilch and then spends £45m on a replacement and plays him on the left?

The man has become a joke. 

Transfermarkt show he played on the left 17 games to 16 at AM. 14 of those games being after Christmas. Before last year he was predominantly an AM. 

I assume the switch was to feed Llorente more crosses. So he can play there, but I've not noticed Sigurdssen getting into crossing positions for us, if anything he drifts inside playing AM but is not in the same wavelength as the other players. Maybe he'd be better sticking out wide and putting a few balls in for Dominic to try and get on the end of. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You should've stopped right there.

I could understand buying him if he used him as a number 10 ... I could understand buying him if he never had a collection of number 10's...... i cant understand why he alienated barkley a player who is similar to gylfi but argyably a bit better in other ways. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Did we spend £45m on any of those? Did we go balls in for any of them? Is this the Sigurdsson thread?

Yes it is, do we only have to talk about players in certain threads now, is it his fault we paid that much for him? Is it fair to just single him out of a swimming pool full of turds because he was expensive and we wasted all summer chasing him, did he have a gun to our heads forcing us? At least he’s trying which is more that can be said for some.

14 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Yes it is, do we only have to talk about players in certain threads now, is it his fault we paid that much for him? Is it fair to just single him out of a swimming pool full of turds because he was expensive and we wasted all summer chasing him, did he have a gun to our heads forcing us? At least he’s trying which is more that can be said for some.

My point was that this is his thread, so of course I’m going to question what the fuck he brings in here and not Davy Klaassen or Sandro Ramirez. 

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

My point was that this is his thread, so of course I’m going to question what the fuck he brings in here and not Davy Klaassen or Sandro Ramirez. 

And my point was he isn’t the only one- none of them seem to have a clue what they are doing, they’re being either played out of position or playing in a team where others are being played out of position which seems to render the whole team shite.

in short, I was defending him (for now) as nobodies playing well so it’s a bit unfair to single him out or expect him to play well in a poor performing team. His price or the amount of time we spent chasing him is not his fault mate- everyone knows we spent probably 20 million too much on him.

2 minutes ago, Paddock said:

And my point was he isn’t the only one- none of them seem to have a clue what they are doing, they’re being either played out of position or playing in a team where others are being played out of position which seems to render the whole team shite.

in short, I was defending him (for now) as nobodies playing well so it’s a bit unfair to single him out or expect him to play well in a poor performing team. His price or the amount of time we spent chasing him is not his fault mate- everyone knows we spent probably 20 million too much on him.

I could’ve gone in the Klaassen and Sandro threads and asked what they bring, but seeing as neither one played today it’d be a bit weird. Sigurdsson played, he was shite, brought nothing, so I asked the question. 

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I could’ve gone in the Klaassen and Sandro threads and asked what they bring, but seeing as neither one played today it’d be a bit weird. Sigurdsson played, he was shite, brought nothing, so I asked the question. 

But you didn’t you posted it here and I’d of answered the same way had you asked about those players- the point being, we can’t really single any player out (imo) at the moment because we are so unbalanced and incoherent as a side.

Just now, Paddock said:

But you didn’t you posted it here and I’d of answered the same way had you asked about those players- the point being, we can’t really single any player out (imo) at the moment because we are so unbalanced and incoherent as a side.

I know I posted it here because he’s the only one of them that played today!

Singling him out would’ve been if I’d gone in the match day thread and mentioned how shit he was, and no one else. Instead, I didn’t mention him, or any other individual, in there. I came to his thread to ask the question because his signing has never made any sense, and today further highlighted that. 

Deep fucking breaths before I lose my shit. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I know I posted it here because he’s the only one of them that played today!

Singling him out would’ve been if I’d gone in the match day thread and mentioned how shit he was, and no one else. Instead, I didn’t mention him, or any other individual, in there. I came to his thread to ask the question because his signing has never made any sense, and today further highlighted that. 

Deep fucking breaths before I lose my shit. 

11 othr players played today but you chose to come in and ask about him, if that’s not singling him out I don’t know what is. You then went on to say but we spent time chasing and paid too much (which is true) and I merely pointed out that’s not the lads fault. I happen to (partly agree) with you but alls I’m saying is he’s not the only one and until we start playing well we wont know what he brings as no fucker is bringing anything to the table and maybe if we get a settled formation and style he will come good.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Pad, you went in the DCL thread and singled him out today. How on earth is that any different?!

I also went on to say it’s not the lads fault, he’s being asked to play out of position and do a job he’s not used to, he’s also plying in a team with no confidence.  We all know what Gylfi can do we’ve seen it time and again in this league so hopefully he will eventually bring that to us- DCL on the other hand although young is yet to prove anything.

anyway stop taking it out on me because you have a cob on with Everton :P

Just now, Paddock said:

I also went on to say it’s not the lads fault, he’s being asked to play out of position and do a job he’s not used to, he’s also plying in a team with no confidence.  We all know what Gylfi can do we’ve seen it time and again in this league so hopefully he will eventually bring that to us- DCL on the other hand although young is yet to prove anything.

It’s ok and justifiable for you. Got it 👍🏻  

3 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I have never actually seem Gylfi do anything special bar a set piece for any side.  

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I have never actually seem Gylfi do anything special bar a set piece for any side.  

He’s done plenty more than that Bailey, he has been Swanseas top scorer and player of the year 2 seasons running, he didn’t get that for taking a few free kicks. The lads on a loser no matter what because we massively overpaid for him- if we’d paid 20-25 nobody would be arsed- his price tag is not his fault.

Just now, Paddock said:

He’s done plenty more than that Bailey, he has been Swanseas top scorer and player of the year 2 seasons running, he didn’t get that for taking a few free kicks. The lads on a loser no matter what because we massively overpaid for him- if we’d paid 20-25 nobody would be arsed- his price tag is not his fault.

I obviously haven't watched Swansea as much as I have watched Everton but I have never seen him put his mark on the game, other than banging in a freekick. There must be more to him but I haven't seen it from him yet.

Pad as you know his goals and assists for Swansea and almost all clubs are largely made up from set pieces.