IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

I can forgive his start- the whole teams been utter shite he’s picking up a bit as is the team- long may that continue. I feel he’ll always be on to a loser here though because of his price tag which wasn’t his fault and that’s a real shame.

He was always going to come good because he is a good player
Equally it was always going to take a bit of time for him to find his feet , he had no pre- season what so ever and was being played out of position

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

How did he play? I only caught the highlights, but reports make out that his goal was pretty much his only contribution. And reading through the match day thread, 90% made th match seem dire.

OK Not as influential as Wednesday night. Two free kicks in the first half were dire, straight onto goalies arms. 3rd kick came up in similar position, Rooney shooed him away and took it.

he wasn't running around helplessly as he had been in earlier games, but didn't seem to win any aerial challenges that he had.

A steady 7 would be my rating, which is significantly better then he was getting early part of the season.

6 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

OK Not as influential as Wednesday night. Two free kicks in the first half were dire, straight onto goalies arms. 3rd kick came up in similar position, Rooney shooed him away and took it.

he wasn't running around helplessly as he had been in earlier games, but didn't seem to win any aerial challenges that he had.

A steady 7 would be my rating, which is significantly better then he was getting early part of the season.

He scored a quality goal which took immense pressure off the team- it’s what your big players are meant to do- job done for me.

I'm surprised how slow he is. Him, Davies and Rooney must make us one of the slowest in the league. I was hoping he'd have more to him like Lallana who's always one step ahead and technically brilliant to make up for his lack of pace but Sigurdssen isn'tt even proactive. 

14 hours ago, pete0 said:

I'm surprised how slow he is. Him, Davies and Rooney must make us one of the slowest in the league. I was hoping he'd have more to him like Lallana who's always one step ahead and technically brilliant to make up for his lack of pace but Sigurdssen isn'ttt even proactive. 

Siggy and Davies are not slow compared to your average premier league midfielder, if you compare them to the speed merchants like Lookman, Vlasic, Bolasie then yes they are slower.

Are you trying to create an Everton version of Cool Runnings?

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Great asset to have a player who hits a ball like that 

Was strange because he'd made a complete hash of it from a virtually identical spot not long earlier, and like I said in the match day thread from where we were sat right in line (but way to the back of UG4) I was convinced he'd spooned it way over, as was Josh. Incredible seeing it back that it was nowhere near the bar, funny what different angles can do.

I just cant seem to get to like him. If you take out his dead ball ability and his long shooting ability (admittedly he's fantastic at both), he is a very poor player.

He gets caught in possession far too often, his feet are awful and his passing ability is average at best. I don't even want to go into his physical attributes.

If he doesn't score a goal or assist from a set piece, he literally offers absolutely nothing to the team.

He might and probably will improve for us, but £45m was a waste of money for a player of his quality.

18 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

I just cant seem to get to like him. If you take out his dead ball ability and his long shooting ability (admittedly he's fantastic at both), he is a very poor player.

He gets caught in possession far too often, his feet are awful and his passing ability is average at best. I don't even want to go into his physical attributes.

If he doesn't score a goal or assist from a set piece, he literally offers absolutely nothing to the team.

He might and probably will improve for us, but £45m was a waste of money for a player of his quality.

So your not a fan then?

• 2 weeks later...

Please, please, please play him centrally more often! It's like chalk and fucking cheese watching him out wide to when he plays centrally.

If the manager can find his balls and do it then he needs to also play pace on the flanks to make up for Sig's lack of it. Lookman, Bolasie, Vlasic (or someone we sign) are key here.