IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

17 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

"bumming" is a phrase the english use for anal sex.

Here was me thinking it was those little flags we Brits hang on the wall to celebrate public events. Whenever a royal was about to get married, I’d ask friends whether now was the time for the bumming. They preferred to have it on the table, apparently, or hanging from the wall. Wives mentioned that their husbands preferred to do it after work; during the day, they’d be helping to get it up at the office. Your explanation has cast a whole new light on my early life.

On 15/06/2018 at 06:13, Cornish Steve said:

Here was me thinking it was those little flags we Brits hang on the wall to celebrate public events. Whenever a royal was about to get married, I’d ask friends whether now was the time for the bumming. They preferred to have it on the table, apparently, or hanging from the wall. Wives mentioned that their husbands preferred to do it after work; during the day, they’d be helping to get it up at the office. Your explanation has cast a whole new light on my early life.

So you Brits hang flags when the Missus consents to a round of bumming, just to brag to your mates? That's a custom we should all get behind!

26 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

So you Brits hang flags when the Missus consents to a round of bumming, just to brag to your mates? That's a custom we should all get behind!

Technically you have to get come from behind, it wouldn't anatomically work otherwise.....I'm told:unsure:.

18 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He was almost playing as a second striker. He was making some really clever channel runs in between the centre back and full back and most of his best moments came from finding those spaces.

He was getting forward as a good midfielder should. But he was playing centre mid, not second striker, nor left wing for that matter. 

1 minute ago, nogs said:

He was getting forward as a good midfielder should. But he was playing centre mid, not second striker, nor left wing for that matter. 

not sure what match you watched, he was a striker in a front 2.  they were 442, him and FInnbogson were the strikers.  he was not playing centre mid.  Gunnarsson and Halfredsson were the centre mids.

image.png.6b841d617bd4cc96bf78dae8955f5167.png

Passes

image.png.e089ffd5cbcef40c9dcbf8510eb231ec.png

Average Position (number 10)

image.png.cbf573f9ee4beba8b8ec8e3e7e8ccf02.png

His average position is so central because he spent most of the time defending through the middle but his heat map and passes are largely in the left and right hand channel. He is a player I struggle to work out where he fits into a side because when he plays centrally his best moments come in the channels and when he plays wide his best moments come centrally.

He showed that he can play effectively on the counter (the goal v Liverpool in the cup) but a bit like Rooney, he would be a weakness defensively especially against the counter attack. I cant see him playing wide under Silva as he isn'tt quick enough so it will surely be a part of this 3 in midfield.

Bailey I think you nail it with saying his best attacking moments come down both channels - that's why he has to play centre mid, so he has the option to go left or right in attack. I'm not suggesting he sits deep and tries to dictate play from the centre circle, but you want him picking up the ball there and then moving into space as he sits fit. Playing him one side cuts off half his creativity, playing him off a striker... I just don't see that as his game. 

I agree Silva will surely use him in a midfield 3 and I reckon we will see him justify his price tag as a result. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

not sure what match you watched, he was a striker in a front 2.  they were 442, him and FInnbogson were the strikers.  he was not playing centre mid.  Gunnarsson and Halfredsson were the centre mids.

Hard to play 4-4-2 when you only play one up front. If they had played 4-4-2, Argentina would have done what City did to us when Allardyce thought that was a good idea. They've got a smarter coach, he packed the centre with three in the middle of the park, and that went along way to explaining how they got the result. 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

image.png.6b841d617bd4cc96bf78dae8955f5167.png

Passes

image.png.e089ffd5cbcef40c9dcbf8510eb231ec.png

Average Position (number 10)

image.png.cbf573f9ee4beba8b8ec8e3e7e8ccf02.png

His average position is so central because he spent most of the time defending through the middle but his heat map and passes are largely in the left and right hand channel. He is a player I struggle to work out where he fits into a side because when he plays centrally his best moments come in the channels and when he plays wide his best moments come centrally.

He showed that he can play effectively on the counter (the goal v Liverpool in the cup) but a bit like Rooney, he would be a weakness defensively especially against the counter attack. I cant see him playing wide under Silva as he isn'ttt quick enough so it will surely be a part of this 3 in midfield.

I agree he will be one of Silva's three in the middle playing the most furthest forward so as to eliminate the defensive side of his game, Schneiderlin will play the holding role and I think we will see someone one new coming in for the other spot.

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

I’ve never understood the short run-up like that. Feel like it fails more often than not. 

Funny you say that. I'm the exact opposite. I feel like the further my run-up is the harder it is for me to get my knee over the ball and keep it low.

21 hours ago, tonkaroost said:

Hate to see that for him. I was really hoping he'd get a goal.

I hope his confidence isn'ttt shattered after that.

Went into his shell after the miss too.

He played deeper yesterday and it didn't suit him as much which isn'tt the most surprising as Iceland were up against the kosh for most of the game.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Went into his shell after the miss too.

He played deeper yesterday and it didn't suit him as much which isn'ttt the most surprising as Iceland were up against the kosh for most of the game.

Agreed. You could tell he was nervous before the pen and then after he was slightly erratic.