IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

4 hours ago, Paddock said:

I don’t want him to play in the world cup. Hope he gets rest over the summer and gets s full pre season in.

He is the big name (although they’ve all got pretty big names!) for his nation’s first World Cup - he simply must go. For him not to have that opportunity could completely change his attitude/motivation on a football pitch. He’s earned the right to make history with Iceland - that should be his only focus and I’d hope EFC are to doing what’s best for him to ensure this happens as it probably is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

I just hope he’s not rushed back then gets injured worse.

Not arsed one iota about Iceland or Siggurdsons dreams.

I agree with you about rushing him back, after all we have history for it.

But he is one of us, and we should be supporting him, just like any of our players. I don’t think he has done anything wrong to deserve any otherwise.

To be fair Pad, I know what a misery guts you are and you don’t mean it like that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gonna arrive in Iceland on vacation toward the end of their first match and leaving the day before their second. I’ve heard their fandom is pretty unparalelled and with Gylfi being their best player, I’m super bummed I won’t be able to root for them with their fans.

1 minute ago, nyblue23 said:

Gonna arrive in Iceland on vacation toward the end of their first match and leaving the day before their second. I’ve heard their fandom is pretty unparalelled and with Gylfi being their best player, I’m super bummed I won’t be able to root for them with their fans.

Im sure you can find someone in Iceland to oblige. I hear its a universally recognised sign....

2 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Will be in Iceland during their game with Argentina. Stoked for potential great atmosphere!

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Haven't you got an Iceland by you then Mike😃

16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Mike, there are plenty of them on the high street. You’ve got no excuse. 

Two men with a single thought:P.

Sadly? We don't have a supermarket of that name nearby;  just have to struggle by with Waitrose and M&S, life is tough sometimes.