IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

3 hours ago, Aidan Lewis said:

6ft 1, can't use his height or strength. 

Can't dribble with the ball.

Can't thread the ball. 

Can't really recall him having a good shot on target.

Doesn't even stray out wide for crosses. Even if he does he doesnt have anyone to aim for.

45m on shite. One trick pony.

Alarmingly he's always been like that. So who the fuck 'scouted' him also needs a P45.

He's a good player and proved himself against top sides for years. The pressure he is under with that price tag must be harrowing.

Give him a season and a new manager and I think you'll see a different player. I still have faith he'll come good. He's trying too hard at present.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

i have to throw my hands up, i was dead wrong on this one.  he has offered nothing bar the wonder goal.  not even his set piece deliveries have been good.  not sure what's going on, because he was scoring for swans.

Not playing very well, low on confidence, playing in a team not playing very well that also lack confidence. When he and the team are more settled, and have a bit of form we will see his class. Same goes for Klaassen, Sandro, and Keane.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

i have to throw my hands up, i was dead wrong on this one.  he has offered nothing bar the wonder goal.  not even his set piece deliveries have been good.  not sure what's going on, because he was scoring for swans.

Quite simply, as well as the most of the team, he's been played out of position in a toxic atmosphere. He'll come good

15 minutes ago, London Blue said:

His stats don't lie, he is good, just not playing well at the moment the same can be said for pretty much the rest of our squad who got 7th last season.

His general play isn’t that good. His stats are skewed massively due to set-pieces. From open play he’s not that useful.

None of what has transpired should be a surprise to anyone. He’s slow because he’s always been slow. He’s shit out wide now because he’s always been shit out wide. He’s anonymous during games now because he’s mostly been anonymous during games unless there’s a set-piece to take. 

We massively overpaid for a player with a very specific skill set that we can’t take advantage of. 

34 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

His general play isn’t that good. His stats are skewed massively due to set-pieces. From open play he’s not that useful.

None of what has transpired should be a surprise to anyone. He’s slow because he’s always been slow. He’s shit out wide now because he’s always been shit out wide. He’s anonymous during games now because he’s mostly been anonymous during games unless there’s a set-piece to take. 

We massively overpaid for a player with a very specific skill set that we can’t take advantage of. 

He created 72 goal scoring chances for Swansea last season, including 13 assists.

He has not been played enough in his best position behind a striker, even if he did it wouldn't help because we don't have an established, experienced striker for him to work with. 

Yes we overpaid for him but that's the market we operate in.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

He created 72 goal scoring chances for Swansea last season, including 13 assists.

He has not been played enough in his best position behind a striker, even if he did it wouldn't help because we don't have an established, experienced striker for him to work with. 

Yes we overpaid for him but that's the market we operate in.

How many were from open play?